Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ellipsis Node / Montreal & Vegas / Free DDoS protection
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ellipsis Node / Montreal & Vegas / Free DDoS protection

... hosts unmanaged VPS out of OVH (Montreal) and, as of this month, Fiberhub (Vegas). Here are some new offers for early March.

VACUOUS  
2 Cores  
2 TB BW  
22 GB HDD  
222 MB RAM  
222 MB VSwap  
$12.22 / year  

VALID & INVALID  
3 Cores  
3 TB BW  
33 GB HDD  
333 MB RAM  
333 MB VSwap  
$13.33 / year  

OEDIPUS EFFECT  
4 Cores  
4 TB BW  
44 GB HDD  
444 MB RAM  
444 MB VSwap  
$14.44 / year  

PROPER NAMES  
5 Cores  
5 TB BW  
55 GB HDD  
555 MB RAM  
555 MB VSwap  
$15.55 / year  

PROPOSITION  
6 Cores  
6 TB BW  
66 GB HDD  
666 MB RAM  
666 MB VSwap  
$16.66 / year  

ZENO'S PARADOXES  
7 Cores  
7 TB BW  
77 GB HDD  
777 MB RAM  
777 MB VSwap  
$17.77 / year  

ORGANICISM  
8 Cores  
8 TB BW  
88 GB HDD  
888 MB RAM  
888 MB VSwap  
$18.88 / year  

UNIVOCAL  
9 Cores  
9 TB BW  
99 GB HDD  
999 MB RAM  
999 MB VSwap  
$19.99 / year

Xeon processors, SATA HDD, RAID-1 (in MTL), IPv6, DDoS protection and 1 Gbps ports all around. OpenVZ. 7 day money back guarantee. Terms & Conditions.

Montreal / 192.99.214.72
Las Vegas / 76.164.206.83

Thanks for your interest.

Comments

• I like the plan names :) Very creative.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Delightfully weird

• This guy original. Time to go to Eurovision :D

• What protection on LV

• There's a slight mistake in the OP. The Vegas offers are through a Xeon X3470, so the UNIVOCAL plan comes with 8 cores instead of 9.

• @TinyTunnel_Tom up to 10Gbps / 2Mpps

• I'm confused. I had a vps in Vegas with HostNun that I liked very much but you left Vegas and I had to cancel my service since I didn't need another box at OVH. But now you're back in Vegas? What gives?

• how many ddos protection?

• souensouen Member

@NodePing said:
    I'm confused. I had a vps in Vegas with HostNun that I liked very much but you left Vegas and I had to cancel my service since I didn't need another box at OVH. But now you're back in Vegas? What gives?

Afaict it wasn't a total exodus, there was (later?) an option to stay in Vegas if there was demand for it, you just had to reply and mention your preference.

Anyhow, I have a HN vps that's almost coming up to a year, on a stable node with great uptime and friendly support. Good luck with the new brand.

• @souen there was an option to stay at first, but it turned out there wasn't enough interest. Only a small handful of people opted to stay. I wanted to keep that choice available to them, but I wouldn't have been able to afford it, so Host Nun ended up cancelling all service in Vegas. (& thanks for the review)!

@NodePing I didn't foresee returning to Vegas until a week or two ago. I wanted a non-OVH option with DDoS protection, so I went back to Fiberhub. If you haven't moved on, you're welcome to get a new VPS with ... or even renew your old HN subscription. I was going to email those who wanted to stay about these new circumstances, hadn't got around to it yet.

@neil413 π

• HostNun said: you're welcome to get a new VPS with ... or even renew your old HN subscription.

It was a good service but I have no confidence that you'll not abandon the location again. Thanks anyway and best of luck.

• Understandable, although I never did abandon the location itself. I had the X3470 on offer here all along, not as part of Host Nun, but a personal test server. Replaced the HDD a couple weeks ago and re-purposed it for this.

• utamautama Member

I recommend HostNun. Been using it for a while in the new location. :) I plan to buy again when my other VPS is expired.

• Do you allow for Tor Relays?

• @Gunter yeah, I don't see why not. I have little experience with them, though. Reading the exciting debate in your request thread rn.

Thanked by 2shiv Gunter
  • Is private torrenting okay?

• Is TUN/TAP enabled by default, or have to ask via ticket?

• @ranpha you can toggle TUN/TAP via SolusVM, no need to ask. That said, SVM is not included with these offers by default, but it's available if you want.

• Oh, then I have to send in a ticket to get SolusVM then? To [email protected]?

• Yeah, or you can request it in the 'promo' field when placing an order if that easier.

• I have already ordered one server, therefore I will send a ticket then.

Thanks.

• looks great. ordered one. waiting for the billing email.

• sunsanesunsane Member
    edited March 2015

definitely recommend this to my friends!

Edit :
    Can you make the I/O speed higher? :)

• @sunsane working on it. Might have some SSD offers in the future too.