Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wanted: Windows VPS, USA location LA, NYC, Seattle. 1Gbps link. 5 + IPv4. Takes Bitcoin.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wanted: Windows VPS, USA location LA, NYC, Seattle. 1Gbps link. 5 + IPv4. Takes Bitcoin.

Hello LowEndTalk!

I have come here to seek advice about Windows VPS providers. I really need some help.

I'm looking for a good Windows VPS. My budget is $15 to $40 a month.

I'm looking for a VPS with 2 CPU Cores, 2 GB RAM, SSD if possible, and 2 TB Transfer,

I would like Microsoft Server 2012 R2 installed, RDP must be enabled on the VPS.

I need the VPS to be located in the USA. LA, NYC or Seattle. 1Gbps link would be nice.

If possible I would like to buy 5 extra ipv4 addresses. And that's about it I think.

Oh yeah I would like to pay in Bitcoin. I can also pay in PayPal, Skrill, Credit Card.

Does any body have a recommendation for which VPS provider I should look into?

Thanks for you help in advance!

Comments

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

http://winity.io/ meets most of your requirements

• wychwych Member
    edited March 2015
  • I had a Winity box in LA for awhile that I was really happy with. +1 on Winity.io

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@wych said:
    +1 for Winity*

Is that redirecting through an affiliate link :S? Unsure as to why you linked winity.pw rather than winity.io.

But as above, +1 for Winity.

• PwnerPwner Member

@liamwithers said:
    But as above, +1 for Winity.

Yeah, and he also put the asterisk to "let people know". Most people won't know what the asterisk is without the explanation, so it's pointless anyways.

Thanked by 1VPNsh
  • hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited March 2015

You could do this with Vultr for $15/mo + $1/mo per extra IPv4 (although not sure if it's just limited to 1 extra IP) if you run Windows 2012 via a custom ISO (if not it costs $31/mo including a license)

They allow Bitcoin too

• Is this another way to promote/post offers for Winity?

• wychwych Member
    edited March 2015

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    Is this another way to promote/post offers for Winity?

Is what?

@mikeyur said:
    Sneaky wych

If you say so.

@Pwner said:
    Yeah, and he also put the asterisk to "let people know". Most people won't know what the asterisk is without the explanation, so it's pointless anyways.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

liamwithers said: Is that redirecting through an affiliate link?

Yes.

Can we put this back on topic guys rather than de-rail the thread any further?
    Affiliate linking has been discussed before in the Cest Pit.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@wych said:
    Can we put this back on topic guys rather than de-rail the thread any further?
    Affiliate linking has been discussed before in the Cest Pit.

Yeah, it has and you know that all those discussions has ended with that all AFF links should state so.

• Well...

Someone asked for Windows vps, and after several comments, the thread starter just poof. And this is not the first time

• @mikho said:
    Yeah, it has and you know that all those discussions has ended with that all AFF links should state so.

Can you edit his post and either remove the link or add a warning, please? :)

• wychwych Member

@0xdragon said:
    Can you edit his post and either remove the link or add a warning, please? :)

Done.

@mikho said:

Ok; just curious does that also apply to those that have links in their sig?

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • Hey can we please get more recommendations on windows vps!

I checked out winity.io and they look good but you can only order 2 extra IP's.

I need 5 to 10 extra IP's with a windows vps. Are there any providers that will sell 10 IP's?

And I think LA data center would be the best option. Are there any good Seattle vps?

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

mullvad said: I checked out winity.io and they look good but you can only order 2 extra IP's.

You can try opening ticket and providing justification for the IP addresses.

• mike0000mike0000 Member
    edited March 2015

@mullvad Send in a ticket, they're very helpful and will probably be able to get you more IPs if you ask. Everyone recommends them because they're really really good.

If you have your own windows licenses, you can probably get a dedicated server in your price range (no worries about cpu abuse, easy access to more IPs, etc). @qps might be able to do something in LA for you, they had some $39 and $49 servers on promo that come with 5 IPs but you can easily purchase more (with justification).

Delimiter also has stuff in LA starting around $50/mo I think - @MarkTurner

Thanked by 1qps
  • MeanServersMeanServers Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2015

You listed a few coastal cities but would Denver work for your needs?

• OK I will send winity.io a ticket and see what they can do.

MeanServers Denver? Do they have good data centers there?

Honestly I would prefer the windows vps to be located in LA.

LA gives the best latency and pings from my country. Seattle would also be good.

We are hosted in the Handy Networks data center. No problems or complaints, very stable network, A/B power backed up by a UPS and generator, redundant everything. Everything is new so yes, I would say it's a good data center.

• MeanServers can you sell additional IP's? I'm looking for 5 to 10 extra IP's.

• timnboystimnboys Member
    edited March 2015

@mullvad said:
    MeanServers can you sell additional IP's? I'm looking for 5 to 10 extra IP's.

I have to ask just for sake of curiosity why do you need 5-10 extra ip's plus the one assigned to your vps as main ip?
    I hope you're not trying to do email spamming(or marketing sorry, I just think email marketing is spam sorry if that offends anyone that is just my own opinion.)

Yes, we sell additional IP addresses, $1.50/IP address/month with proper justification. Please note that mail ports will be blocked on all IP addresses except the main one but can be unblocked with a deposit.

@wych said:
    Ok; just curious does that also apply to those that have links in their sig?

It has been said numerous times that aff links are ok unless they are hidden. I would say that the same "rule" goes for signatures as well as inside posts.
    You have something on your mind thst you want to tell me?

• I will not be using the extra IP's for spam or any blackhat SEO marketing antics.

The main reason I want extra IP's is to bypass geo-restricted sites in my country.

I need access to netflix, hulu, spotify, eBay, and Amazon.

I would also like to have extra IP's in case one IP is banned as a proxy.

I would settle for 5 extra IP's if that's all I could get. But I hope I can get 10 IP's.

edited March 2015

Shouldn't be a problem in the least bit then if you decide to go with us, we would be able to issue 10 extra IP addresses. Curious, are you the mullvad.net?

• Thanks for the offer. I will have a look at your plans.

And no I'm not associated with mullvad.net. I just borrowed their name :)

• I have to share my experience about winity.io. They are the worst host I have dealt with.

I signed up today and purchased a plan. Payed the bill and waited.

They canceled my order. They said no proxies are allowed. What a joke!

They mention nothing in their TOS, RULES or FAQ about proxies being banned.

Support staff was rude and treated me like a criminal. They were so disrespectful.

I even ordered again the for the second time. No surprise they canceled my order again.

They have zero policies on using proxies on their website.

But they kept asking for my residential I.P. Even when I have not done anything illegal.

I did not commit fraud. I used my personal paypal. I did nothing against their TOS.

Then they act like total assholes and ban my account from making another order.

Honestly they are the worst provider I have dealt with.

@mullvad said:
    I have to share my experience about winity.io. They are the worst host I have dealt with.
    I signed up today and purchased a plan. Payed the bill and waited.
    They canceled my order. They said no proxies are allowed. What a joke!
    Support staff was rude and treated me like a criminal. They were so disrespectful.
    I even ordered again the for the second time. No surprise they canceled my order again.
    They have zero policies on using proxies on their website.
    But they kept asking for my residential I.P. Even when I have not done anything illegal.
    I did not commit fraud. I used my personal paypal. I did nothing against their TOS.
    Then they act like total assholes and ban my account from making another order.
    Honestly they are the worst provider I have dealt with.

most providers that I know about here will decline your order if done via a open proxy or country mismatch or from another Provider Ip.

I see nothing strange about that. You will have a hard time to arguee that they are a bad provider since you never got the chance to test them at all.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

@mullvad said: They said no proxies are allowed. What a joke!

If you have placed order behind proxy or vpn most likely that is why you are banned.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited March 2015

You weren't forced at gunpoint to order. You were refunded and informed why. The team was generally courteous and direct, even with your opening sentence of "Are you fucking serious mate?". You chose to ignore this anyway and order again while on yet another VPN/proxy.

mullvad said: They mention nothing in their TOS, RULES or FAQ about proxies being banned.

mullvad said: I did nothing against their TOS.

You checked a box to agree to this Terms of Service when you made each order. Been there for years.

You're welcome to order again with your actual information from your direct connection. Everything in the TOS continues to apply.