Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who is the current record holder (for cheapest VPS)?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who is the current record holder (for cheapest VPS)?

raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
edited October 2011 in General

I know there's a bunch of providers at the $15/year mark.

I've seen at least one at $10/year (123systems)

Anyone going cheaper than that these days?

I'm asking about general-purpose VPSes (not "backup only" or other limitations).

Thanked by 1neverain

Comments

• I think that's the lowest it can really get. Only other provider I can think of is dollarvps (or something like that). They might be deadpool'd though.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Assuming you mean: http://www.hostsign.co.uk/site/onedollarvps.html

$1/month = $12/year. Platinum pricing!

:-)

• I just got an invoice from them, for a quarterly VPS which has been up 2 weeks.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Exactly, isn't onedollar the guys that were around for a little bit offering hosting on an ATOM then took off? Claiming they took down their own network 'to deal with abuse' but 'would be back really soon!'

Francisco

• I think it's QuickWeb they have a budget corner for VPS's starting from $1.99 a month.

Thanked by 1Ash_Hawkridge
  • fanfan Veteran

The cheapest one I got is $13.5/yr, specifications are identical to Buyvm's $15, so is the performance ------ through a price match which was for a limited period of time.

Apart from that one Buyvm's tiny $15 is the cheapest usable one I currently hold.

• Go59954Go59954 Member
    edited October 2011

Uptimevps!

they had an Euro 5 / year offer! ($6.69/year)!!!! 128 with 256 burstable memory - 10 gb hdd - 100 gb bandwidth!

and an Euro 9 / year or Euro 3 quarterly ($12.05 or $4.02)! 384 memory with 384 vswap - 30gb hdd - 300 gb bandwidth!

Some here expected them to make it into deadpool straight forward (including myself).

• kiloservekiloserve Member
    edited October 2011

Big props to those companies that can offer such a low price, I don't know how you do it. I've been trying to think of a way to do it but I'd be joining the deadpool if I did. :)

• I have seen offers for free VPS, i think this should qualify for "cheapest". Unless someone is willing to pay us so we use his VPS :)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Yes, there are free vps such as freevps.us

Not sure if crunch-host is still around...can't find their forum now.

• daimonbdaimonb Member
    edited October 2011

edit

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2011

Go59954 said: Uptimevps!

they had an Euro 5 / year offer! ($6.69/year)!!!! 128 with 256 burstable memory - 10 gb hdd - 100 gb bandwidth!
    and an Euro 9 / year or Euro 3 quarterly ($12.05 or $4.02)! 384 memory with 384 vswap - 30gb hdd - 300 gb bandwidth!
    Some here expected them to make it into deadpool straight forward (including myself).

And then they had -25% off on those prices for existing customers, which means 3.75€/y for 128/256 memory - 10 gb hdd - 100 gb bandwidth. As long they are alive (yeah, as long...) no one can beat those prices I think.

• OneDollarVPS/Hostsign aren't deadpooled as such, but they are a ghost ship. Ain't had a ticket reply in 3+ weeks, so they may as well be dead. Sad thing is it's probably automatic provision, so people will think they're OK until something goes wrong, or they need RDNS set...

• Considering we have a few folks here who trade affiliate credits for VPSes, which basically means they're getting paid to host their VPSes at that provider, even the free ones aren't at the bottom of the list.

• dmmcintyre3dmmcintyre3 Member
    edited October 2011

@drmike I paid $1.90 for 8 of the $1.05/$1.40 Hostrail VPSs and I had them for months. Then at the end I got about $8.30 back plus I bought the domain freevps.us with hostrail aff. commission around this time last year.

• I think this should also be based on what you get for the price.

• fan said: Apart from that one Buyvm's tiny $15 is the cheapest usable one I currently hold.

If 'usable' is the best you can get from it, then we've got some work to do. Would you mind PMing myself or Francisco with any troubles it's giving you? We want out 128s to be on the same service quality as our other plans.

• Aldryic said: If 'usable' is the best you can get from it, then we've got some work to do.

I think he meant that as "enough resources to be usable" not "almost works enough to be usable". You guys certainly have a quality product there. ;)

• Perhaps, but "just good enough" never was good enough for us :P That, and if anyone's not happy then we want to get any trouble fixed ASAP, so better to play it safe XD

• Aldryic said: but "just good enough" never was good enough for us

Great attitude! Instead of "you should be happy that it's usable at $15/year" like some other providers...

Thanked by 2Aldryic Francisco
  • best offer i got was a free kvm 128mb vps for 5 years free.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@LowEndAdmin said: Great attitude! Instead of "you should be happy that it's usable at $15/year" like some other providers...

I really question providers that post that as an excuse for the price...If you can't offer your best at a price point then why offer it? Because you need the float?

Even Nordic has a new '$15/y' offer which is funny considering they admitted they couldn't make it float last time so why is it going to change now? They don't have their own ranges yet either so it just smells bad.

Francisco