Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Install Varnish on cPanel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Install Varnish on cPanel

danitfkdanitfk Member

Hello fellows :)

I read many articles about Installing Varnish on cPanel.

Like this: http://support.qualityunit.com/496090-How-to-install-Varnish-with-CPanel-and-CentOS-to-cache-static-content-on-server

Does any one use Varnish front of Apache in cPanel?

I want using varnish for non-shared web hosting , So It will be used for just two or three Web sites , But they have high usage.

Comments

• Better nginx+apache (nginx-proxy) instead varnish+apache.

Thanked by 2danitfk sirmbhe
  • @mustafaramadhan said:
    Better nginx+apache (nginx-proxy) instead varnish+apache.

Hello ,
    I'm using KloxoMR with Apache (End) > Nginx > Varnish (Front) , And I have awesome performance , Is there any way to have this configuration in cPanel?

• emilvemilv Member

Unixy.net has developed a Varnish and nginx+Varnish plugin for cPanel.

• @emilv said:

Without plugin is not any quick-way ?

• Sorry, don't know about CPanel.

• emilvemilv Member

Just google it, here is one tutorial for example: http://crybit.com/how-to-enable-varnish-in-cpanel-server/

• AmitzAmitz Member

I tried it once without any plugins. Not worth the hassle and every cPanel update broke things again. But, to be honest: The Unixy Varnish plugin is not flawless too and their support for the plugin is a pain in the ass and slow as hell.

• n1kkon1kko Member

I use this on my cPanel http://www.nginxcp.com/ works great.

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • jemaltzjemaltz Member
    edited March 2015

The install is fairly straightforward, obviously you will want to optimize it to your specific site (in terms of cookies, etc.). The basic install is the CentOS install, then in WHM, change Apache's non-SSL listening port to something else (the common example is 8080), and set varnish to listen on port 80.

If you only want it for a specific cPanel site, that's something else..

• Unixy Plugins is good cause of End user Features , every cPanel user can adjust,

@mustafaramadhan what happened with jailkit for Kloxo-Mr there is an year since anounced and email rate limit but not with chrisf plugin

• @coolice

Still trouble for php-fpm in jailkit. Still no email limit but possible ban certain website for send mail.

• @emilv said:

Avoid Unixy like they are a plague. bought 2 Licenses had a issue with mod_rapf or what ever module they was using at that time. They have since ignored our tickets and we got to use the Licenses for 2 days $60 down the drain with a product that does not work as intended.

Thanked by 1Amitz