Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosted Microsoft Exchange inquiries.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosted Microsoft Exchange inquiries.

AdventureTimeAdventureTime Member
edited March 2015 in Help

I am currently with MXroute. I am impressed with their service, actually. The problem is, their support with Microsoft Exchange is somewhat limited. I need the calendars to be in sync too. I use Microsoft Outlook for both of my computer and mobile phone.

The way my email works with MXroute, I migrated my accounts from Zoho using my own domain and used imapcopy to transfer them all. Everything went well.

The way my email works is like the following:

[email protected]
[email protected] > automatically filters out the emails then assigns them to the proper folders, it is being filtered by the webmail client which is roundcube. although the current emails aren't allowed to be filtered out, only the new ones.
[email protected]

So, technically those have different mailboxes.

Now, I decided to sign up for a hosted Microsoft Exchange account through OVH.
I only need one exchange account because having a lot would be expensive. And I think using a few Alias won't be necessary in the configuration that I am planning to do.

Again, I am only allowed to have one account/mailbox. So, it is like the main/root account. How can I configure catch all email for Microsoft Exchange?

Now, I was thinking of using the feature shared accounts under Microsoft Exchange because it is exactly like having multiple mailboxes, right? So, I created the mailboxes that I wanted and I properly delegated each and every one of them.

After awhile it is time to transfer the emails.
I tried to login using one of the shared accounts through the imapcopy website because they have their own migration tool for IMAP emails https://ssl0.ovh.net/ie/imapcopy/

After entering my previous server's IMAP configuration, I decided to use one of the shared accounts that I made while logging in to the IMAPCOPY website. Unfortunately, it didn't work. It says the login is not valid. I tried to use the main/root email account, like the main mailbox, well it worked! The problem is, it is in the main inbox. I don't know how to properly organize them, plus I have no idea if it is possible to transfer the emails to another shared account.

Comments

• As far as I'm aware the shared accounts simply allow you certain permission to a real mail box such as sending emails as the other box.

The way I setup my OVH exchange account is by adding all the domains I use to receive mail them add 1 mailbox linked to my main domain. I then added aliases for all the other domains to have mail put in the main mailbox.

Now it does mean that all your mail from all your domain go in the same inbox but you can set up filters to put emails sent to a certain address into a specific folder.

• @rmlhhd said:
    As far as I'm aware the shared accounts simply allow you certain permission to a real mail box such as sending emails as the other box.

The way I setup my OVH exchange account is by adding all the domains I use to receive mail them add 1 mailbox linked to my main domain. I then added aliases for all the other domains to have mail put in the main mailbox.

Now it does mean that all your mail from all your domain go in the same inbox but you can set up filters to put emails sent to a certain address into a specific folder.

Thanks! Is "CatchAll" possible? What do you mean by, "add 1 mailbox linked to main domain" ?

Where do you set up filters, web interface or the actual Outlook program?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2015

Post this to enough locations? Lol my mention.com blew up with notifications for this from here, serverfault, technet...and everyone who steals from those locations for ad revenue :P

• @Jar said:
    Post this to enough locations? Lol my mention.com blew up with notifications for this from here, serverfault, technet...and everyone who steals from those locations for ad revenue :P

I have no idea what you are talking about. I just ask to multiple sites and compare the opinions of people.

• @AdventureTime said:
    Where do you set up filters, web interface or the actual Outlook program?

What I mean by "add 1 mailbox linked to main domain" is I have a mailbox of "[email protected]" with loads of aliases pointing to that mailbox.

Filters are set in the web interface.

• @rmlhhd said:
    Filters are set in the web interface.

Yes, that is correct :)

Although, I still don't know how to turn on the "catch all" feature. Do I have to convert my domain to the "non authoritative" mode?