Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Up2VPS - Free VPS to November 1th only $1 2GB RAM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Up2VPS - Free VPS to November 1th only $1 2GB RAM

up2vpsup2vps Member
edited October 2011 in Offers

Due we upgrade nodes and will sutdown this node on November 11th we will offer vps for free . but we will charge 1$ to avoide any absuer etc. PLEASE Don't save any important data this vps for play only also maybe we can force it down or reboot

Node location Seattle core i7

U80

Thanks For all

Comments

• Folks may want to review the previous threads and offers for this host. They appear to have some issues with keeping their servers online, seem to not test pending upgrades and appear to not fully follow their own policies, their SLA for example.

Just an FYI that buyers should be aware.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

$1 != Free.

Your math is WRONG.

• up2vpsup2vps Member
    edited October 2011

@drmike We will not explain again.also i guess you have vps with us
    Thanks

• In spite of the "problems"...
    "Out of Stock"
    It will only work for 15 days. Is this?

• kristalkristal Banned
    edited October 2011

2gb? 1$? 19 days? out of stock? wtf?

• By the way, do you know what an URL is?

We will not explain again.

Um, actually I'm looking at this response here and no, I don't see you providing the requested information. Maybe I'm missing it which is why I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. Why not take this opportunity to resolve those questions that have been asked over and over again instead of just blowing us off?

Or are you on the same level as YardVPS?

also i guess you have vps with us

No, actually I don't. Pretty sad that you don't even know your own clientele.

So who here wants to tell up2vps how many vpses i have and who they are with? I've mentioned it enough times now we all should now it by heart.

Personally I think this guy doesn't have a clue. It's a pity that LEA isn't more willing to have a ban list of providers that just don't have a clue. We seem to have another candidate for that list. Can't even provide a requested URL. That's sad...

• @drmike ME me!!!!
    One? :P

xD

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I find if funny that a $15/year VPS from BuyVM is CHEAPER than this free VPS.

BuyVM = $0.041/day
    Up2VPS = $0.046/day

Thanked by 2Infinity draco
  • @drmike
    not need explain more. have nice day
    @KuJoe and DragonDF
    submite ticket with approved your detials and get it full free,without any charge
    @KuJoe
    the 1$ to aganist absuer and fraud , just submite ticket to sales department with aprroved your detials you can get it without any charge

• It's just offer. You people are too much bothered with it :)

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2011

Just go submite a ticket and get it aprroved with your detials.

Sorry, just had to do it.

Thanked by 1drmike
  • Dear all here,
    Due we upgrade our current nodes and the old nodes will shutdown on November 11th so we offer it free to this date.
    PS: please Don't save any important data those vps for just play

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited October 2011

@up2vps again, i didn't ask you to reexplain, I asked you to point where you did explain. At least three times in fact. If you need me to state that in another language, feel free to ask. But please remember that you have in fact lied to me and others in this thread.

Thanks for your poor customer service. You sir are the main reason why 90+% of my clients come to me in tears from previous providers who don't have a clue.

edit: And how the hell can you open up a support ticket when the links to your support system don't work? Oh wait that's right. You don't answers question but lie and say that you already did.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2011

drmike said: edit: And how the hell can you open up a support ticket when the links to your support system don't work?

They do.

https://my.up2vps.com/submitticket.php

https://my.up2vps.com/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=1

btw. Daniel this new UP2vps site front page is really nice.

• 90+% of your customer come back to you in tear?!!
    what this mean? what is your customer? you already not have vps with us. whatever when our ticket system not work?? did you can comfirm this? only last days for 4 hours keep reboot node due kernel issue?!!
    what we should to do when customer said for us we are stupid?? Praise Him?!

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@up2vps what he means is that the customers that leave his company for unrelated reasons, return in tears because of poor customer service provided by their 'new' hosts.

Francisco

• Funny things when people come here and attack us we are bad customer service and look what their said this not only poeple i can provide more if you wish. then they back said bad services?!!

A W
    Client
    27/10/2011 02:33
    Hahaha, I like in the light of showing you how further terrible your service
    is, you threaten to terminate my service!? What service would you be
    terminating!? I DON"T HAVE ANY SERVICE. You suspended my my account even
    though 2checkout was successfully paid! You guys are stupid beyond belief.
    I've never had such shitty customer service in my entire life, and this is
    coming from someone who has worked in customer service for over 9 years.

due our automated suspend our system suspended his vps then said what?!!
    Sale reviewed by fraud: status is fail Additional details: [kburge 10/24/2011 10:34:56] Invalid buyer info [kburge 10/24/2011 10:34:59] set Reject
    Sale # xxxxx
    Total (USD):$10.00
    Refund:$10.00
    Method:paypal
    ecCard Mask:...
    AVS:
    CVV:
    Language:en
    Customer
    Customer ID:xxx
    Name:A W
    Address:13507 96th ave
    Surrey, BC V3V 7P3
    CanadaPhone:123-4567
    Email:[email protected]
    IP Address:xxxx (Canada)

then back reply
    A W
    Client
    27/10/2011 02:41
    Feel like a big man now eh? You guys are complete losers. FYI I will be
    writing bad reviews on as many sites possible, along with the consumerist.

Have a great day asshole!

it's really funny something.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2011

Daniel, you really don't need to do that. Just calm down. Some people will make fun of you or something no matter what you say. Don't try to compete with everyone who challenge you. Just calm down, care for your not-that-bad service, for your clients and do the job properly as you're doing most of the time. You're not my favourite host but as your client I know that you try to do things as best as possible regarding your capabilities despite of all criticism.

Thanked by 1up2vps
  • @Spirit,
    Thanks You , It's correct

• Spirit, I suggest you do some research into the whole "Up2VPS SLA" debacle.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2011

Gary, I did it and it was discussed about this, correct? Oh, you want it again?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2011

Some, I believe realistic details about my experience with UP2vps from past half year:

box:~# date
    Wed Oct 26 18:11:11 UTC 2011
    box:~# uptime 18:11:13 up 50 days, 7:29, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
    box:~# grep 'cpu MHz' /proc/cpuinfo cpu MHz : 2659.984
    box:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync && rm -rf test 16384+0 records in 16384+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 14.7084 s, 73.0 MB/s
    box:~# wget http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test --2011-10-26 18:12:15-- http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test Resolving cachefly.cachefly.net... 205.234.175.175 Connecting to cachefly.cachefly.net|205.234.175.175|:80... connected. HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK Length: 104857600 (100M) [application/octet-stream] Saving to: `100mb.test' 100%[================================================>] 104,857,600 5.69M/s in 19s 2011-10-26 18:12:34 (5.33 MB/s) - `100mb.test' saved [104857600/104857600]

Sometimes it's needed more than one ticket reply and some patience to clear it up with their support, however each my ticket was initially answered (I opened 4 of them since may 2011) in 2 - 10 minutes timeframe. It's not my best vps host however for this what I pay completely decent. I can imagine that their path is harder than path of skilled native speaker hosts capable to play with words in public as suit them but this doesn't mean that they offer worse service.

Various well accepted LEB hosts often dissapear when things go wrong and reappear later when everything calm down while this one doesn't and work on solution and in meantime respond to tickets. This is more than I can get from some other less criticized LEB hosts.

I don't worship them. I don't think that they are flawless. However I get from them service which I paid.

• So much whining over $1, take it or leave it, geez...

• To add (relatively little) to this thread, I got a UP80 package in Seattle back in July and have been quite satisfied. It's not perfect, but has been rather close to it (especially for the price) considering I only use it for Minecraft for my friends and streaming once in a while.

The only significant downtime I can remember was a bit more than a week ago when the node (x9) died. To be perfectly honest I didn't even notice it until I got the email from them about it and then had a friend whining to me about it shortly thereafter..

That in mind:

[root@beam ~]# wget http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
    --2011-10-27 06:18:57--  http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
    Resolving cachefly.cachefly.net... 205.234.175.175
    Connecting to cachefly.cachefly.net|205.234.175.175|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 104857600 (100M) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: â100mb.testâ

100%[======================================>] 104,857,600 11.0M/s   in 10s

2011-10-27 06:19:07 (9.73 MB/s) - â100mb.testâ

[root@beam ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 13.3654 s, 80.3 MB/s

[root@beam ~]# uptime
     06:27:03 up 12 days, 33 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.19, 0.08, 0.06

Not terrible, not amazing, but quite good. I am, however, beginning to believe that stock in their Los Angeles location is a myth on par with the Loch Ness Monster.. grumblegrumble

• KuJoe said: I find if funny that a $15/year VPS from BuyVM is CHEAPER than this free VPS.

BuyVM = $0.041/day Up2VPS = $0.046/day

Feel free to share the BuyVM order link with 2GB ram :D

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited November 2011

I'm considering this company to be nothing but fraud now. Just noticed that their most positive reviewer singing their praises works as a reseller for the company:

http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/up2vps-7-2gb-openvz-vps-in-scranton-or-france/#comment-52772

Very dishonest.

I'd +1 for a ban or at the very least removal of this thread but LEA's been dropping hints lately that we've been giving him a hard time about this site so I'm going to try to be a good boy.

edit: I think I've got the companies right.

Thanked by 1up2vps
  • Hi drmike,

My name is Ralf the new UP2VPS CEO. I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced with UP2VPS and their staff . Please if you are getting any issue with any our staff Please feel free to contact me directly ralf @ up2vps.com . I’m sure I can work with you to resolve this issue

Thanks You

Ralf