Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

weloveservers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

weloveservers

Any body have experience with weloveservers VPS servers?

Comments

• Yes, good uptime, low performance and slow support.

• @linuxthefish said:
    Yes, good uptime, low performance and slow support.

rather blunt, aren't we? haha

• century1stop said: rather blunt, aren't we? haha

Yeah, they are good if you want a working VPS for things that don't need high performance.

• @linuxthefish said:
    Yes, good uptime, low performance and slow support.

Mine was the complete opposite to be honest. Atrocious uptime, decent performance when it was up and fast but useless support.

The node I was on was restarted around 3 times a week on average. Honestly buy from a much better provider please, it may cost more but will mean less headaches.

Thanked by 1Cpt_Ben
  • I can only confirm the first answer: my WeLoveServers VPS has poor disk I/O performance and the network is subpar. I never needed support and uptime is good but in most of their locations, there are better alternative offers.

• I left them in last Nov, while I stopped using them at the beginning of 2014. Honestly speaking, the uptime was acceptable, and I could always use the full memory. But the I/O was just terrible, i.e., I had to wait for about 15 seconds before ipython was opened. Meanwhile, PPTP tunneling was never stable.

So just as what linuxthefish said,

linuxthefish said: Yeah, they are good if you want a working VPS for things that don't need high performance.

To be fair, I won't discourage anyone from buying their services, because their has run their business for quite some time and their VPSes are just fine, but I personally won't choose them again.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

In the UK, rock solid on my VPS for a year. Never needed support do can't comment, but I was able to hammer then cores for short periods with no issue, and uptime was great, no outages aside from those I was notified of ahead of time.

• My weloveservers experience was poor. Support is slow and VPS crashing weekly with no ability to restart from cpanel. Better look for different provider and pay little beat more.

• weloveservers is ok but as stated support may as well not exist.

• Can only repeat praise for the UK DC, very reliable, network outages rare, extremely good value for a non critical VPS. Only needed support to add IPV6 then again to add nf_conntrack_ipv6, both handled quickly. An earlier (identical?) LET thread came to much the same conclusion about their other data centres.

• I was with them for a year, running a Mumble server. They were alright, for what I paid. The uptime wasn't perfect, but I am not particularly picky and it was good enough for me. The Mumble server didn't really have high resource consumption, so I can't talk about performance. I did have a brief experience with support while trying to get IPv6 assigned to me. They eventually got it working, after I kept nagging, but they took their sweet time, despite assuring me they were already working on it.

• tomletomle Member, LIR

Was with them for one year in Florida. Frequent reboots (rarely more than 10 days uptime), low disk IO, bad speeds to EU.
    Maybe UK node is better but I didn't renew.

• I have one with them in Germany for an old fps game server and it is great. Great latency to most of Europe and system is very stable. I recently had to open a ticket and got a reply in minutes.