Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DCs and IPv6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DCs and IPv6

MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

OK, this is not a thread about who got it and shaming who didn't get it, but about those that do have it and how much it costs.

Example:

I was waiting since I got my coloed servers with voxility some 4 years ago to add IPv6. They said 1-2 weeks, then 1-2 months, then "soon". After more than 2 years, it did happen, but, you could only have 1 (one or /128) IPv6 with each IPv4. I asked when will this (I thought it will be a temporary situation until they are finishing polishing the corners) be rectified and got no answer.
Today, I am informed they can give me a free /64 (although I asked for /56 for routing purposes), only the setup fee will have to be paid, which is 100 Eur.
The ones I did get have extended downtime, hours at a time and are very unreliable. I kept postponing using a HE tunnel in the hope this will be solved, but it looks like it was only solved "a la roumaine", just tick a box in the "todo" list, then forget about it or charge through the nose if you need a working, not to mention decent, solution.

Another issue had with Incero, but after a lot of postponing, they at least returned the money for "emergency" allocating IPv6 and we kept using tunnels.

Which DCs do you know that claim to support IPv6 in similar (or worse) ways?

Thanked by 1ManofServer

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2015

said: only the setup fee will have to be paid, which is 100 Eur.

This is especially outrageous. My suggestion is to just leave (behind) all the crappy DCs you've been using, and make them very clearly aware of the reason why you're cancelling.

• Probably Voxility has put you on a shared LAN, then only a single ipv6 address would be provided with autoconfiguration. To give you a /64 they would put you on a separate VLAN, which is more work from them. I'm just guessing.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

rm_ said: My suggestion is to just leave

That is not easy, I need one in my town to be able to go there at any time, day or night, and voxility is the only one which has the traffic on the price I consider decent. If this will continue for long, I will probably host at home and get my own peering.