Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chicagovps not give refunds,Has been playing for time
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Chicagovps not give refunds,Has been playing for time

superbabysuperbaby Member
edited March 2015 in Providers

Things in the past several days,Support has been shirking its responsibility,Their network problems.

How can I do?

I search for them in the search engines, too bad reputation and service

Comments

• Just dont use them next time and forget about the refund.

Thanked by 1obh_ridwan
  • LeeLee Veteran

said: I search for them in the search engines, too bad reputation and service

Did you do this search before or after buying?

said: How can I do?

Discuss it with support, nothing we can do to help. @CVPS_Chris may come by but he may not.

• @Lee said:
    Discuss it with support, nothing we can do to help. CVPS_Chris may come by but he may not.

Their financial officers do not handle my ticket

• @superbaby said:
    Their financial officers do not handle my ticket

Chris answers support tickets regularly still I believe.

• If you paid with Paypal, you can submit a chargeback and claim their service is not up to standard.

Not really fair to the service providers in general, but ChicagoVPS may deserve it (from what I read about them)

• SadySady Member

@paulof said:
    If you paid with Paypal, you can submit a chargeback and claim their service is not up to standard.

Seller protection doesn't cover virtual items.

• @Sady said:

Paypal literally decides on a whim. I've had transactions go both ways even if the situation is the same.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2015

Hello

I will need a Ticket ID number to take a look at this. No real information has been given here and I know of no such issue that is open in the help desk.

Thanks

Chris

• @CVPS_Chris said:
    Hello

I will need a Ticket ID number to take a look at this. No real information has been given here and I know of no such issue that is open in the help desk.

Thanks

Chris

Please help me View Ticket #ATJ-102465. Thanks

• @CVPS_Chris said:
    Hello

Thanks

Chris

Tickets have been two days, and technicians have been working say billing team Not online, Working time is Monday - Friday 8AM till 5PM EST . I waited a long time did not give me a refund.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

superbaby said: I waited a long time did not give me a refund.

Typically, CVPS seem not to give refunds. Why do you want one?

• What is the serious issue that drives you to ask for a refund? You say something about network problems, but that is way unclear. A thread that asking for a refund from a provider that clearly says in it's TOS that will not give refund, requires IMO a full presentation about the issues, the support tickets etc.
    Not that CVPS is the best provider out there, but as of me, I have some fair -compared to their price- service with them. As of support, it really sucks sometimes but if you search a little before you buy then, you have the whole picture about them and their services.

Thanked by 3netomx namhuy Maounique
  • @jvnadr said:
    What is the serious issue that drives you to ask for a refund? You say something about network problems, but that is way unclear. A thread that asking for a refund from a provider that clearly says in it's TOS that will not give refund, requires IMO a full presentation about the issues, the support tickets etc.
    Not that CVPS is the best provider out there, but as of me, I have some fair -compared to their price- service with them. As of support, it really sucks sometimes but if you search a little before you buy then, you have the whole picture about them and their services.

End VPS mount cdrom, unable to start

Moreover, the network is unable to ping the

I just started to test more than 50% corresponding timeout

• @Nekki said:
    Typically, CVPS seem not to give refunds. Why do you want one?

End VPS mount cdrom, unable to start

Moreover, the network is unable to ping the

I just started to test more than 50% corresponding timeout

• You really have to improve your english, when you buy from an english-speak provider. I don't know if CVPS can fully understand you, but I dont...

"Network is unable to ping the" what?
    What is testing 50% corresponding timeout?
    And, you probably have KVM. Have you tried another image? I have seen that a couple of their images, when mounted for clear installation, don't work. Try another version of OS and see if it can be mounted and start.
    Also, open kvm console to see where does vps stuck.

Thanked by 1rds100
  • Appears his language is a barrier but generally looks like he speaks of a slow node and huge packet loss, pretty easy to figure out..

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @jvnadr said:
    You really have to improve your english, when you buy from an english-speak provider. I don't know if CVPS can fully understand you, but I dont...

"Network is unable to ping the" what?
    What is testing 50% corresponding timeout?
    And, you probably have KVM. Have you tried another image? I have seen that a couple of their images, when mounted for clear installation, don't work. Try another version of OS and see if it can be mounted and start.
    Also, open kvm console to see where does vps stuck.

I'll blame Google Translate more than anything else, or just a literal (word by word) translation from another language.

@OP - CVPS does not offer refund, this is a policy they have and one of the reasons why they can provide services so cheap. Consider lesson learnt and move on. The money is just tuition you pay for not reading their ToS before signing up.

• @Dorkfiles When you open a ticket or post a thread about a poor service, it is critical to fully describe the issue, with details.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

You signed up with ChicagoVPS and the service sucked? Mind-blowing...

• @Sady said:

Exactly why the op will get his money. He's the buyer, not the seller.

I just had a new customer file a chargeback without even contacting me, he claimed unauthorized charge and PayPal gave him the money and charged us the fees.

Please note that it was a new customer and not a subscription ao I never requested any money on my side, he paid an invoice manually. So as you can see, there was no way for me to charge him without his consent.

The only noticed we got was an email from PayPal about the chargeback and PayPal decision. PayPal didn't even bothered to contact us to know details, they just accepted the customer claim and refunded him on the spot.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited March 2015

@Sady said:

Is that just in certain areas? Paypal in the UK now covers digital good and services.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Lee said: Is that just in certain areas? Paypal in the UK now covers digital good and services.

Actually, yes, paypal is pretty strange, i think they leave a lot of the decision making to individual agents and they are often too lazy to check provider and customer history or fear too much cc chargebacks or losing the customer, or something.
    And they do judge with bias, same for e-bay, for example, i got my money back even though i have reached an agreement with the seller and informed ebay about it. I basically said i dropped the case and they informed me the dispute has been solved in my favour.

• I have charged back williamhill 2500 euros. Sometimes works but sometimes not. They have a hiden policy for it i think.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited March 2015

We do get some benefits in the UK then. By that I mean Paypal are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. They are very pro consumer, businesses, meh.

After they had to sign up to the FCA rules I knew Paypal would have to relent and offer a dispute process for intangible goods. Pity more countries did not follow suit.

• Backup your site and try to another host. and agree about statement forget the refund.