Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help With EasyEngine Setup - Beginner
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help With EasyEngine Setup - Beginner

MTUser2012MTUser2012 Member
edited March 2015 in Help

After posting on LET about performance issues on my WP site, I got a very helpful suggestion about Easy Engine:

lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/901377

I'd like to learn more about EE and have bought a 4GB (2GB and 2GBswap) OVZ VPS to experiment with. But I am having a hard time understanding about non-root directory WP installation. I usually run my WP sites like this:

I am having a tough time figuring out if this is possible with EE, and the right way to do it. Can anyone help me out?

Also, if I buy a KVM or XEN VPS how much real memory do I need to have everything run right, including a the mail server (1GB? I don't understand how come it needs so much memory).

Any other advice/tips appreciated

Comments

• @MTUser2012 said: I'd like to learn more about EE and have bought a 4GB (2GB and 2GBswap) OVZ VPS to experiment with. But I am having a hard time understanding about non-root WP installation…

Why non-root if you're on a VPS with root access?

• I have root access on the VPS. I am trying to get help on non-root directory WP installation. I could have made that clearer. I'll edit to fix it. Thanks.

@aglodek said:
    Why non-root if you're on a VPS with root access?

Thanked by 1aglodek