Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Script to install Rutorrent or similar in Ubuntu
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Script to install Rutorrent or similar in Ubuntu

edited March 2015 in General

Hi guys, are you aware of any script to install a torrent seedbox ( in order to distribute legal files which the local media just posted) for the following distro:
ubuntu 14.04_LTS-server (64BITS)

I used to have one that was VERY straightforward but with the new distros of ubuntus it failed.

This was the one I used to make use of

Appreciate your help.

Comments

• edited March 2015

Is this normal? I'm not getting anything other than this ( previously prompted about the box IP):

EDIT: I'd been too hasty. it's progressing,

• rokokrokok Member

yes, took time to install, just wait :)

• edited March 2015

Thanks mate! Seemed odd that no progress was being made given that it has 8 (atom) cores ( although some are used by some other processes).
    EDIT:
    I dislike having the access port changed ( I'd change it myself if I wanted to :P )

• rokokrokok Member

I always change port before installing, nothing changed after installed.

Ive been using many like seedboxcreator seedboxfromscratch but arakasi72 seedbox installation is the best seedbox setup script i've seen so far.

just few nginx config to make directory listing http so i can download with idm for my personal needs :D

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • Thanks man. It's running now. Despite it working it shows up this:
    [03.03.2015 23:21:53] Bad response from server: (500 [error,getfiles])
    [03.03.2015 23:27:16] Bad response from server: (500 [error,getfiles])
    should I be concerned?
    Should I fix it?

• @rokok going to bed man. Will check that error in the logs tomorrow and will make another server available .

Thanks

• @rokok
    Wanted to solve the issue and found this:

Look at your /var/www/rutorrent/conf/config.php file, if you have extra bytes (line breaks or spaces) before <? or after ?>, remove them, this is HTML result that shouldn't be happening there.

Seems to work :)

• https://github.com/Notos/seedbox-from-scratch
    This script can help you to install seedbox.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • cassacassa Member

Deluge