Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to run 32bit images on Runabove?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to run 32bit images on Runabove?

rchurchrchurch Member
edited March 2015 in Help

All the public images on runabove are 64 bit. Is there away to run 32 bit images there? There is a guide here on creating 32 bit images in Runabove -

https://community.runabove.com/kb/en/instances/how-to-create-a-custom-image-for-runabove.html. Has anyone tried it? Is it something which can only be done via scripting? There is nothing in the UI which appears capable of supporting it.

Is there a way for another person to share images or for instance, transfer an image created on iwstack to Runabove?

Comments

• Tried, but not success. I've added the driver for windows 7 32 bit but it still doesn't recognize the virtual disk.

Thanked by 1rchurch
  • It is possible to run the qemu installation script on a cloud system itself at Runabove then transfer it without needing to do it from home?

After creating the image how to you load it to Runabove? Do you do it by a script?

• ReeRee Member
    edited March 2015

I used this to make an image of Windows 7 32bit. Couldn't have been simpler.

https://github.com/cloudbase/windows-openstack-imaging-tools

I used the web interface to upload it when I was done. I occassionally clicked links in another tab to prevent my session from timing out. Not sure if it was necessary or not, but it didn't hurt to try. Also, after uploading it says "Saving" for a really long time (several hours for me). It did eventually complete and become usable though, so just be patient.

Thanked by 2rchurch mehargags
  • @Ree said:
    I used this to make an image of Windows 7 32bit. Couldn't have been simpler.

https://github.com/cloudbase/windows-openstack-imaging-tools

I used the web interface to upload it when I was done. I occassionally clicked links in another tab to prevent my session from timing out. Not sure if it was necessary or not, but it didn't hurt to try. Also, after uploading it says "Saving" for a really long time (several hours for me). It did eventually complete and become usable though, so just be patient.

Where in the web interface do you upload it? I haven't seen anything like that or I might be looking in the wrong place.

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

You can upload images using the "expert" open stack panel, click on your email at the right top of the page then click "Openstack Horizon" -> Images -> Create image

• @rchurch said:
    Where in the web interface do you upload it? I haven't seen anything like that or I might be looking in the wrong place.

From the RunAbove control panel, go to Openstack Horizon and create a new image. Upload the image file, and then create a new Instance with that image.

• rahoolmrahoolm Member
    edited April 2015

I have create windows 7 ultimate 32 bit image in qcow2 format which works fine with RunAbove. Upload it to images and then create an instance. After booting give pc name and password. Here is the link win732bit. I will remove this image after some days by the end of next week. The size is 2.5GB and takes very little time to upload and use. If you want to try Windows 10 Tech Pre, you can check this link - win10p. Thanks for feedbacks. Restart and update the drivers once using virtio-win from Red Hat.

Thanked by 1mehargags
  • Are there some stock, ready made publicly available 32bit images that you can upload to RunAbove? All the images listed are 32bit.

• My runabove account was suspended without notice, even though my paypal account was linked with it. So bad. I am again updating the links you can try to download them and use with runabove.