Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goodhosting BHS1 down.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Goodhosting BHS1 down.

ATHKATHK Member
edited March 2015 in Providers

Anyone else here in BHS1 ? Been down almost a whole day, support ticket, LET PM and Tweet and haven't had a response..

I know he takes awhile but this is a bit crazy..

Inb4 another goodhosting support thread whingers.

@goodhosting

Comments

• canadian holiday, etc.

(first!)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@hostnoob said:
    canadian holiday, etc.

(first!)

Fun ruined.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • Moose attack on the DC

Thanked by 3ATHK gestiondbi sin
  • Call him? He claims this is the proper way to contact him, not via ticket.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • As a Canadian: can confirm, no weird holidays

Thanked by 2ATHK sin
  • ATHKATHK Member

@rds100 said:
    Call him? He claims this is the proper way to contact him, not via ticket.

I would but I don't have the ability to do so without incurring a large fee.. and with alternative measures to contact him, it shouldn't really have to come too me calling him Tbh.

• I thought international calls are rather cheap these days (some cents per minute), and also there is skype...

• ATHKATHK Member

@rds100 said:
    I thought international calls are rather cheap these days (some cents per minute), and also there is skype...

Not from a Mobile :) and Skype still needs credit added minimum $16 AUD to make one phone call.. which isn't worth it in my eyes.

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited March 2015

I honestly don't mind the wait if it takes another day just to get answered..

If I didn't have a client breathing down my neck every few hours I probably wouldn't of even posted..

He's just lucky its not something critical and both the client and I can wait.

Although i wouldn't use a VPS for critical things in the first place.

• @ATHK Use Google Hangouts (from your computer) https://support.google.com/hangouts/answer/3187125?hl=en - free calling to US & Canada. Although I will note it's 11:30pm right now here, so you probably won't get an answer.

Thanked by 2ATHK realbusiness
  • ATHKATHK Member

@mikeyur said:
    ATHK Use Google Hangouts (from your computer) https://support.google.com/hangouts/answer/3187125?hl=en - free calling to US & Canada. Although I will note it's 11:30pm right now here, so you probably won't get an answer.

Thanks!

• I guess it's weekend in Canada?

• GunterGunter Member
    edited March 2015

I live nearby, if anyone can get me an office address (assuming its public, its not intrusive and he lives in Surrey) and I have time, I might be able to swing by.

Then again, also keep in mind that seeing as he lives in Surrey (basically Canada's Chicago), he probably got shot.

Thanked by 4ATHK Pwner mrTom Termiet
  • @Gunter better send him a CV, he needs some extra hands to help him with the business.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited March 2015

@Gunter I'd guess there's no point in going to his office, he's probably on some camping trip or so ;)

Thanked by 2k0nsl doughmanes
  • @rds100 said:
    Gunter better send him a CV, he needs some extra hands to help him business.

I don't like the idea of working in Surrey. An eigth of the time whenever I go there, my bike or wallet gets stolen, some asshole steals my backpack as i put it on the ground or I get mugged.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited March 2015

@Gunter i don't think most IT job these days require physical presence at the company's offices. He needs someone to communicate with his customers while he is working on the technical matters. He seems to be good with the technical stuff, but is not good at communicating with the customers.

• @Gunter you're gunter, don't be afraid of them

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @Gunter I feel safer hanging out in the DTES than I do going out to Surrey (specifically Whalley/Surrey Central) :P

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

@Gunter i recommend small concealed gun which you can carry and shoot around. Nice and cheap:

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

rds100 said: but is not good at communicating with the customers

Someone mentioned autism and he agreed, so someone to handle the PR is definitely needed.

• Anyone needs me?

@drserver said:
    Gunter i recommend small concealed gun which you can carry and shoot around. Nice and cheap:

• @drserver said:
    Gunter i recommend small concealed gun which you can carry and shoot around. Nice and cheap:

Even with a Restricted PAL (firearms license) here in Canada, which would allow you to have a handgun, you can't carry. No open/concealed carry laws here..

About the best you could do is bear spray (mace/pepper spray) - but even that would probably land you in handcuffs answering questions.

Thanked by 1EphemeralEclipse
  • cociucociu Member

goodhosting again?

mikeyur said: Even with a Restricted PAL (firearms license) here in Canada

too bad

• ATHKATHK Member

@cociu said:
    goodhosting again?

Yea sorry, I tried to grab his attention by other means several hours before posting..

• cociucociu Member

@ATHK i understand you , but what I do not understand is the absence of discussing with customers and solve their problems

• @drserver said:
    Gunter i recommend small concealed .....

His name is Gunter, not gun-ter

edited March 2015

@geekalot said: His name is Gunter, not gun-ter

but there is laser pointer integrated in the body of gun... (sad)

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Offers 24x7 support...

7 hours a day, 24 days out of the year

Thanked by 2ATHK realbusiness