Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Swedish VPS for $5/year?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Swedish VPS for $5/year?

anyone can offer VPS:

payment: bitcoin ($5/year)
1 x IPv4
128-256 MB RAM
2GB HDD/Space
bandwidth can be even just 20 or 50GB per month, I just want to put online website which I made before 10 years. there will be not so many visitors. I think it will spend 500MB per month, but people offer usually much more (100GB). it is just joomla static site, without updates of news and many visitors. I plan to install debian 7 + webserver (lighttpd, mysql, php).

I checked already LowEndSpirit/Inception hosting Offers, there is no Sweden and I don't like TOS and there is no IPv4, I am not interested to use cloudflare for IPv6.

if I wanted American location of server, I could use IP Systems Ltd: 256MB RAM - 2 IPV4 - $3.50/year - OpenVZ - Dallas (www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/39541/ip-systems-limited-256mb-ram-2-ipv4-3-50-year-openvz-dallas). is there anything like that for sweden?

Comments

• You're asking for something unrealistic for Europe in general, not even counting in Sweden. The closest you'd get with a quality host at your price is BandwagonHost in NL - you can get a 128MB VPS for ~$6/yr, 512MB for ~$10/yr, that would fall into your required specs. https://bandwagonhost.com/cart.php?gid=1 (Micro 128 / 5G Promo V2)

As for Sweden, I've been using HostHatch and been extremely happy with them. Quality host and reasonable pricing for the specs they provide in Sweden, but quality comes with a cost. Base plan is $30/yr (256MB) https://hosthatch.com/openvz-ssd-vps

They did offer a 128MB plan for $14/yr - http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/35607/swedish-ssd-vps-14-per-year-128mb-ram-10-gb-ssd-500-gb-bw-free-ssl - which is 3x your request, but it's extremely reasonable for what they provide + being in Sweden.

Thanked by 1Cakey
  • alanfordalanford Member
    edited March 2015

Hi, thank you for your answer. I know that datacenters are much more built in the US than in the EU, and even in europe, sweden is more expensive, NL is maybe the cheapest in Europe. bigger competition = cheaper price.
    I asked alibabahost, they own lunarvps with vps in sweden if they can make smaller configuration for me, I don't need very good VPS for joomla website with small number of visitors. I will see what they will say. if anyone knows any other option, you are welcome to write.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2015

If you check Swedish providers it will be close to $10-15/month.

Cheapest in Sweden is probably Hosthatch. edis.at has vServer for €5/month (with 512mb RAM).

• @mikeyur said:

Your server status is down :P

• +1 hosthatch

• XeiXei Member

I remember lots of complaints about Hosthatch during offer threads but maybe they were in the minority.

• Nah, they are mostly ok. At least that's my experience with their .nl and .se VPSs.

• k0nslk0nsl Member

No problem with HostHatch (‘STH’ location), at all. It has now been past validation (i.e over four months) and they have lived up to my expectations by providing me with a stable service.

• Dude asking for 5$ a year not a 5$ per month as HostHatch does.. :) See signature..

• Wtf .... I didn't read clearly

You should pray for it. ... at least over 4 yrs.

• k0nslk0nsl Member

Yeah. My comment was a reply to @Xei. I have never seen a Swedish company offer any 5$/yr VPSes.

There may be one around somewhere, but I would hazard a guess that their service will be GVHish in terms of everything.

@fitvpn said:
    Dude asking for 5$ a year not a 5$ per month as HostHatch does.. :) See signature..

• k0nsl said: I have never seen a Swedish company offer any 5$/yr VPSes

Ask @VikingLayer why? :)

• +1 for hosthatch

• k0nslk0nsl Member

No need to, I can think of a host of reasons ;) I'm in Scandinavia, btw.

@fitvpn said:

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

In EU there are many datacenters, however, some are really expensive and do not feature often in LE offers. There are also cheap ones, but IIRC, not in sweden.
    The reason in EU prices are higher, is because of IPv4 costs, most of the time.

• mkamolinsmkamolins Member
    edited March 2015

Check out https://yourserver.se. Not for 5$, of course, but still good :)

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited March 2015

k0nsl said: k0nsl

OK, as well we seen HostHatch your sponsor.. :)

BTW: You has a strange design of your blog badges..

• OK, thank you, possibly I will have to choose dallas/USA in the end...

• IshaqIshaq Member

HostHatch +1 for SE and NL.

• VikingLayerVikingLayer Member
    edited March 2015

@fitvpn said:

There's quite a few reasons, everything is more expensive due to higher taxes and there's less competition when it comes to data centers so co-location costs more.

That being said, we just got our servers that we're going to co-locate in Stockholm, just need to wait until we get our IPs now. No $5/yr offers though, but we may do some limited cheap yearly deals. We'll see :)

• ichthusichthus Member
    edited March 2015

VOID

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2015

@ichthus said:
    VOID

Let me guess, you tried to get a 7 day IP for something and also keep your money. It did not work and you came here to make good on the threats.
    While it may not be so, chances are it is. Might want to avoid giving this guarantee, or specify clear conditions, like 0 abuse, refund can only be done after 1 month to give time to abuse to come in, etc.

• Ishaq said: HostHatch +1 for SE and NL.

Add Vultr into list for sure :)

VikingLayer said: VikingLayer

Stor

• k0nslk0nsl Member

@fitvpn said:
    BTW: You has a strange design of your blog badges..

Thanks. They are actually only fillers because at the moment I've not had time to find the issue as to why the actual featured image won't appear.

@fitvpn said:
    OK, as well we seen HostHatch your sponsor.. :)

I changed the wording to « AFFILIATE » so as to not cause any confusion ^^