Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtualizor 2.6.8 Launched !
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtualizor 2.6.8 Launched !

The following is a list of changes in this version:

1) [Feature] Added OpenVZ Serial Console Sessions. This will need to be enabled by the Admin so that users can use it. Here are some screenshots of the Serial Console for OpenVZ :

a) Click on the Serial Console

b) Click on Create Session to start the session for console

c) You will get the username and password to login to console :

d) Thats it ! You are now accessing the Console.

2) [Feature] Added some statistics in the left menu, so that the Admin can see the count of VPSs, Users, Servers etc.

3) [Feature] Added the feature to add the rDNS Zone automatically when a user is setting the rDNS entry for the IPs. The Admin will need to enable the “Auto Add rDNS Zone” in the Virtualizor Admin Panel -> Master Settings

4) [Feature] Users will now be able to add rDNS entries for the IPv6 IPs, they have created from their IPv6 subnets.

5) [Task] The GUI for the list of servers has been changed and made into a table format.

6) [Task] Added setting in Admin panel to disable API Credential in enduser panel. It will allow Admins to turn off Enduser API Credential Creation.

7) [Task] If Slave server’s license was expired, it was shown as offline. Now it will be notified as expired instead of offline.

8) [Task] If Slave server’s license was expired, the VPS status would be shown as offline although the VMs were online. This is now changed.

9) [Task] Added the number of VPS a node has in the Manage Server utility and also on the Admin Index individual “server statistics” section.

10) [Task] Added the VPS Hostname variable in Email template of Delete VPS. Admins will now receive the VPS hostname in the email when a VPS is deleted.

11) [Task] Cirtix Xenserver 6.5 support added. Click here to read the guide.

12) [BugFix] There was a JavaScript bug in Edit Distro form. This is fixed now.

13) [BugFix] If the logo was disabled for the Login Screen, the setting was not working on the Forgot Password page. This is fixed now.

14) [BugFix] While editing a VPS, if the active Node is not set as per the VPS Node, the available space would be shown as blank. This is fixed now.

15) [BugFix] rDNS blank entries were shown for all VMs if there were any. This is fixed now.

16) [BugFix] While adding an LVM Storage, the VG check was not working in some cases. This is fixed now.

Source: http://www.virtualizor.com/blog/?p=912

Comments

• @AnthonySmith they have implemented what you've been asking recently :)

• I love the fact that you guys have constant updates & implement user suggestions pretty quickly. Going to start using your software in a few months. :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@vpslegend said:
    AnthonySmith they have implemented what you've been asking recently :)

I tested some of the new things but got "some error"

• Spam thread. :P

• @AnthonySmith said:
    I tested some of the new things but got "some error"

What did you test and what error did you get, I have just upgraded so would be good to see if I can replicate. I have found there pretty quick at fixing bugs if there is any.

Tried to suspend an abusive container after upgrading and got "some error"

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Tried to suspend an abusive container after upgrading and got "some error"

You doing this via billing module/api or from the Panel itself?

• @itgods said:
    Spam thread. :P

I do not have any association with Virtualizor expect being a customer so I am not sure how it counts as spam.

edited February 2015

AshleyUk said: You doing this via billing module/api or from the Panel itself?

Both, nothing new nothing that has not been reported a few times in the past, just highlighting the fact that it still needs to be fixed.

• Ahh okie, I haven't had an issue with suspending a VM yet. However I know every environment is different.

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep

Has anyone had an issue with VPS's randomly suspending by virtualizor itself for no reason e.g. no where near bandwidth cap etc?

Thanked by 1Hassan
  • @vpslegend said:
    I do not have any association with Virtualizor expect being a customer so I am not sure how it counts as spam.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/45153/virtualizor-2-6-7-launched#latest :)

• Well this update seems to have made a master-only think its expired even though it doesn't need a paid licence? Yay!

• It was in a thread about previous version of Virtualizor & not everyone could see it. So this thread does not count as spam.

edited February 2015

@wych said:
    Well this update seems to have made a master-only think its expired even though it doesn't need a paid licence? Yay!

We've always needed a license for our master and were told by virtualizor it was required. It's just the lowest available license, 1 VPS for $2.50.

• @SpartanHost said:
    We've always needed a license for our master and were told by virtualizor it was required. It's just the lowest available license, 1 VPS for $2.50.

Strange, when did they tell you that?

As they have been working on said master with no paid licence and never caused an issue.

Its also been installed longer than a month and never caused issues in operating the panel.

• @wych said:
    Its also been installed longer than a month and never caused issues in operating the panel.

I've always understood the master needed a license, same as SolusVM.

They have fixed a few bug's with the licensing system according to the change log, so may be why your now having the issue.

• wychwych Member
    edited February 2015

@AshleyUk said:
    They have fixed a few bug's with the licensing system according to the change log, so may be why your now having the issue.

Could be; I also noticed nowhere on the site does it clarify what license is needed.

Technically no VM's are provisioned on the master so none of the information on pricing isn't right or really giving an insight.

I've dropped them a message to see what they say and get it cleared up either way.

Glad to see a lot of the features I have spoke with them about in this update.

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

@SpartanHost said:
    Has anyone had an issue with VPS's randomly suspending by virtualizor itself for no reason e.g. no where near bandwidth cap etc?

Actually yes... thought it was just us...

edited February 2015

@Hassan said:
    Actually yes... thought it was just us...

They keep telling us lack of RAM is at fault but I highly doubt that and has been proven it's not. Even so, lack of RAM on the VPS should never suspend a 1gb VPS.

They've even looked at our node and temporarily fixed VPS's only for another to auto suspend..and so it continues.

@virtualizor You might want to take a look.

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

@SpartanHost said:
    virtualizor You might want to take a look.

Definitely not lack of RAM in our case. I've only had about 3 VPSs randomly suspended so far.

cc @virtualizor

@Hassan said:
    Definitely not lack of RAM in our case. I've only had about 3 VPSs randomly suspended so far.

cc @virtualizor

We've only had 3 suspended now in total as well so it is very random and not often in our case as well. Creating a new VPS usually resolves the issue completely.

• Just bumped into this.
    @SpartanHost and @Hassan we will have a look at your issue. PM me your details.

• 16) [BugFix] While adding an LVM Storage, the VG check was not working in some cases. This is fixed now.

Don't think this is really fixed. Just deploy a server for KVM and we still unable to add the storage. Have to wait hours and get fixed by Virtualizor Support! Can you please let us know the solutions so we fix it in our end? This is really annoying!

• What error are you getting @Netxons

• oooh I'm excited to test the serial console.