Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warning about optimalhosting.com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Warning about optimalhosting.com

tr1ckytr1cky Member
edited February 2015 in Providers

optimalhosting.com once ran a free domain offer and for the past months the domain I got with them ran flawlessly.
Because everything worked and I didn't need to change any domain details, I didn't login to their control panel for a very long time.

A month ago, I tried to login into the panel just to find out the login details weren't working.
I contacted them and received no answer.

A week later, their control panel wasn't accessable anymore and it still isn't accessable anymore today. I sent them a second mail and received no reply to the second mail aswell.

I know some of you got a domain with them, make sure to message their reseller (http://publicdomainregistry.com/).

Thanked by 1TriDoxiuM

Comments

• DazzleDazzle Member

I'm on the same situation.

Good news, this guy successfully reclaim his domain from optimalhosting : http://www.wdlth.com/407/talking-with-icann-cheerfully-and-humorously/

I'm on progress reclaiming my domain too.

• jhjh Member

This is strange. I know someone who was working there (I think he was one of their higher ups). He's now working somewhere else and their website has been having problems for a long time.

Will people on here PLEASE start realising that you get what you pay for :)

• DavidxDavidx Member

I think people should have realized this would happen and they should have transferred their domain as soon as it was unlocked. I got my domain out before they sank and ended up with an extra year.. so in the end it was a great deal for those who were wise.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

Well, I got my domain back, by contacting their reseller.
    They already knew about the situation and gave me access to the domain to transfer it to another provider.

• praveenpraveen Member

I had similar domain locked up issue with one provider called kvmshell when they closed. They were reseller of namecheap. I contacted namecheap and they asked me to submit copy of original invoice from provider for the domain and my address proof. Luckily i had that copy in my email.

Later they pushed the domain to my account on name cheap.