Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Install torrentflux or rutorrent
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Install torrentflux or rutorrent

KilwaKilwa Member
edited October 2011 in Help

Hello,

I got a new VPS 256MB and 50GB of space. I am so new to linux word. All I know if How to copy/paste a command line as it is. My friend helped me last time to install torrentflux. Now he's not available.

I would like to know how can i install torrentflux/or rutorrent on my vps? I don't know I saw a tutorial with a lot of command lines and I got scared. How can i do it in the easiest way possible?

Thank you !

Comments

• The OS you;re running on the vps would be helpful. Also you do have permission to do so from your provider, right?

• I am running debian 5 32.

Yes I asked them and they said yes.

Please can you help me drmike?

• There really aren't that many steps to installing rtorrent/rutorrent. Google for a tutorial and do what it says, you'll be fine.

If you mess it up, re-image the OS and start again. You really can't do that much damage to a VPS. :)

• I can do it for you
    Send me a PM with details

Thanked by 1Kilwa
  • @xprotocept : Will you help me for free? because I don't have money at all :(

Thanks !

• Ofcourse, im bored right now so i need to do something :D

Thanked by 1Kilwa
  • DIY!!
    The more you do it yourself the quicker you will get comfortable with Linux.
    The best way to learn is to break it and then use google to find out how to fix it.
    I'm sure most people here will agree with me on that.
    Remember Google is your friend.

• Thanks all

xprotocept Helped me.

I took your advice i have a space vps from buyvm and I am installing torrentflux now :P let's see...

• Guys, if i re-install the OS from buyVM will i get a new IP? I don't want to lose my current IP.

Thanks.

• No, that IP is stuck with you!

Thanked by 1Kilwa
  • OK Thanks :)

I installed torrentflux succesfully on my ther VPS. Is there a simple tutorial on how to install debian 6 32 bit? I searched on google but I got confused what to install.

Thank you all.

• It's all the same

• Transmission is better :)!

• jack said: Transmission is better :)!

True, i used it

• I personally have been using Deluge, still a low memory footprint, and it supports DHT which rtorrent doesn't seem to yet.

• miTgiB said: and it supports DHT which rtorrent doesn't seem to yet.

If I'm not mistaken rtorrent has supported DHT since late 2007

• Kuro said: If I'm not mistaken rtorrent has supported DHT since late 2007

+1... Since rtorrent 0.8 or sth like that

• It's disabled by default though, you have to enable it in your config.