Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IpxCore Current Status - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IpxCore Current Status

Comments

• @gsrdgrdghd - he don't get it. No matter how much effort you and few others invest into explanation he simply don't get it..

Thanked by 2Randy jcaleb
  • TheHackBoxTheHackBox Member
    edited August 2012

Maybe he is annoyed by you people beating a dead horse over and over again when the point was clearly outlined on the first page?

• DamianDamian Member
    edited August 2012

@gsrdgrdghd said: However considering that @Damian has ignored most (all?) of the arguments

@TheHackBox said: Maybe he is annoyed by you people respectively beating a dead horse over and over again when the point was clearly outlined on the first page?

Indeed, there's not much point for me to do anything about troll-bait.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited August 2012

@TheHackBox said: when the point was clearly outlined on the first page

Clearly to you and me. But not to him. As much as he can be annoyed it's also annoying for some clients to see lack of responsability from their host. I know that some kids likes him but he's not a victim here. Far from that...

Thanked by 1Randy
  • @gsrdgrdghd Do you even know why people are laughing at you?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited August 2012

@LAKid said: Do you even know why people are laughing at you?

I thought that they mostly laught at you.
    (not me, just saying...)

Thanked by 1Randy
  • gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited August 2012

@TheHackBox said: Maybe he is annoyed by you people beating a dead horse over and over again when the point was clearly outlined on the first page?

Indeed, keeping in mind that @Damian being the 'dead horse' implies that he was wrong.

But i guess @Damian calling everyone who doesn't agree with him a troll (and not stating any argument at all) clearly shows his level of maturity and professionalism.

@LAKid said: @gsrdgrdghd Do you even know why people are laughing at you?

Must be the DCs fault.

Thanked by 1Randy
  • @gsrdgrdghd said: But i guess @Damian calling everyone who doesn't agree with him a troll clearly shows his level of maturity and professionalism.

This.

• @gsrdgrdghd You're too late, I already blamed them the other day.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited August 2012

So clients can run around like rampant children and do whatever they like with impunity, while providers need to adhere to arbitrary rules?

Only asking because three people have changed their WHMCS client data (regardless that WHMCS still maintains their information in invoices...) to things like '-removed-' or 'x t', which is a violation of the AUP/TOS they agreed to when they signed up(actual, written rules!).

• @Damian said: Only asking because three people have changed their WHMCS client data (regardless that WHMCS still maintains their information in invoices...) to things like '-removed-' or 'x t', which is a violation of the AUP/TOS they agreed to when they signed up(actual, written rules!).

I find this funny, as you never broke the AUP once in this thread and they just did :X

edited August 2012

@Damian said: which is a violation of the AUP/TOS they agreed to when they signed up(actual, written rules!).

Maybe your should publish their private data then. Anyway this is not a "violation" of the TOS in any way.

Protip: You might want to listen to feedback.

• The number of popcorn is too damn high.

Thanked by 1Randy
  • DamianDamian Member
    edited August 2012

@gsrdgrdghd said: Maybe your should publish their private data then.

Good idea! Then we'll know the true personality of clients! Or whatever it was; too lazy to dig backwards and figure out what the exact wording was.

Then again, considering our suspended client quantity is usually around 3 per day, you'd think I'd have filled up LET with posts by now.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited August 2012

@Damian said: Only asking because three people have changed their WHMCS client data (regardless that WHMCS still maintains their information in invoices...) to things like '-removed-' or 'x t', which is a violation of the AUP/TOS they agreed to when they signed up(actual, written rules!).

Wow, and you still don't get it?

@gsrdgrdghd said: You might want to listen to feedback.

• @Damian said: which is a violation of the AUP/TOS

Could you explain how the TOS/AUP were violated? They clearly state:

Any change in information may be verified by IPXcore, and if IPXcore is unable to obtain verification, IPXcore may suspend or terminate Subscriber’s service.

So changing information isn't in any way "forbidden" or "a violation", it just enabled you to terminate services.

• You surely have a lot of free time on your hands. Move along.

• @gsrdgrdghd said: Could you explain how the TOS/AUP were violated?

The sentence before that is:

'Subscriber must maintain accurate and current identification information with IPXcore through the entire term of Subscriber’s service with IPXcore. '

Thanked by 1Randy
    edited August 2012

@Damian said: 'Subscriber must maintain accurate and current identification information with IPXcore through the entire term of Subscriber’s service with IPXcore. '

I can't speak for the other people, but i canceled my service before/toegther with changing my details :)

but imho that's not of concern, this thread is (now) about the publishing of confidential information.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited August 2012

@gsrdgrdghd said: but imho that's not of concern, this thread is (now) about the publishing of confidential information.

Indeed. I considered offering refunds to individuals who do not agree with our practices (because our goal is and continues to be customer happiness) but that would require them to 'make themselves known' (as if I didn't already know the LET-user-to-real-name link) to us.... what a conundrum!

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited August 2012

-guy- was me, but as I already announced cancellation yesterday (and that's why I removed my client data) this termination of yearly pre-paid vps minutes later makes no difference. Keep my money.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited August 2012

@Spirit said: Keep my money.

!?!?!?!?!

So it's in your moral fiber to not reveal real names on the internet, but corporations can keep your money!?

I give up.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited August 2012

@Damian what else to say? It's ok - with removing my personal data because planned cancellation I obviously broke your TOS so I don't mind termination which followed. Nothing to argue here. Just keep those few coins, you may need them more than me.

• is this the end of LowEndFamily? :( i hope there's no hard feelings between you guys

edited August 2012

Well since @Damian obviously doesn't want to listen to any form of reason, logic or feedback i'm out. But i'd like to take this oppurtunity to summarize the issue:

While a lot of people[1] condemed @Damian's actions and I [2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11] as well as others [12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27] (now i'm at the end of page 2 and too lazy to collect any more posts telling @Damian that his actions were wrong, but you see the point) told him that it wrong to publish client informations @Damian reponsed with pictures [28][29][30], troll posts [31][32][33][34] and insulted the LET community [35] as well as calling everyone who doesn't agree with him (which are a lot of people) a troll [36] and pretty much ignoring every reasonable argument i (or anyone else) took the time to write.

What @Damian took away from this thread is that he will write a "privacy policy" allowing him to publish his clients personal data as he pleases [37].

I pity everyone who decides to host with such a person.

• TazTaz Member

@gsrdgrdghd said: While a lot of people[1] condemed @Damian's actions and I [2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11] as well as others [12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27] (now i'm at the end of page 2 and too lazy to collect any more posts telling @Damian that his actions were wrong, but you see the point) told him that it wrong to publish client informations @Damian reponsed with pictures [28][29][30], troll posts [31][32][33][34] and insulted the LET community [35] as well as calling everyone who doesn't agree with him (which are a lot of people) a troll [36] and pretty much ignoring every reasonable argument i (or anyone else) took the time to write.

What @Damian took away from this thread is that he will write a "privacy policy" allowing him to publish his clients personal data as he pleases [37].

Bored bro?

Thanked by 2Damian eastonch
  • @Taz_NinjaHawk said: Bored bro?

Whether or not i'm bored doesn't affect if my post is right or wrong, but the fact that @Damian thanked your post underlines my point.

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • SimpleNodeSimpleNode Member
    edited August 2012

Huh? Wut? We're just all posting popcorn GIFs, right?

lulzitzpopcorn

Thanked by 3ihatetonyy mpkossen tux
  • nunimnunim Member
    edited August 2012

@Soylent said: There's also the little fact that startup capital for new banks is 15-20 million dollars.

In Florida I think you only need $4 million, $250k for a non-commercial bank if I remember right.

So.. anyone whos afraid of IPXCore "abusing" their client details want to let me have their VPS? :p

In the future, if you don't want a provider to have your real details, go to Walmart and buy a prepaid card and use that for VPS services. I'd be much more worried about what the shady companies do with your client details without telling you. No matter what they're going to have a legit email for you which will probably cause you more grief then having your personal info, unless you're handing out your SSN.