Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IpxCore Current Status - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IpxCore Current Status

Comments

• ZettaZetta Member
    edited August 2012

^ Welcome to LET

• DamianDamian Member
    edited August 2012

@ihatetonyy said: Wait, so you're telling me this widespread moral outrage was all for naught?

Indeed, some folks around here are extremely eager to throw perceived 'red flags' without doing any research into the topic. Such is yin/yang of the universe.

Not sure why i'd post details for people who haven't caused us issues. Here's what i'd have to gain:

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

Fake or not you shouldnt be exposing personal customer information into the public domain. Its simply bad business practise.

Thanked by 3Randy hAwNerk Spirit
  • @httpzoom Damian didn't.

• The point was that you thinking posting that picture in the first place was a good idea shows a lack of professionalism. Even if you'd posted it with the names blacked out, it's the kind of self-aggrandizing "look how cool and witty I am" shit that stops being funny when you graduate high school.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • They should have. The fact that other hosts are immature doesn't mean they should all act that way.

Thanked by 2jcaleb hAwNerk
  • This is getting funny

When a host abuse his customer like constantinos there is all his real info posted there was his real adress name phone etc we almost knew what was the brand of his underwear

When a user abuse host and other user by raping the node/network and the host ceo post his fake name and email to warn/for the lulz because the email is indeed funny then he get load of crap .

An abuse is an abuse the only diferance i see between those 2 abuse is the size
    Both Affected User with downtime and trouble with server
    Both Financial affected user with the downtime and delay on project you working on

Btw dont worry damian for those client who cancelled their account because you have posted a fake abuser name . If they are affraid because you take action in case of abuse it's not client id enjoy to work with .

@qwerty6666 the difference is as a business owner you accept and publish your own details into the public domain, you open yourself to scrutiny.

As a customer your paying money to a company and expect a level of privacy. Fraud or not disregarding personal information opens bigger questions such as "If this host doesn't value personal information what else are they using that information for?"

I'm pretty sure IPXcore wont be doing anything bad with the personal information and its simply an error of judgement them releasing any such info.

Thanked by 3hAwNerk Randy ipxadam
  • I think the whole thread is full of drama whores. I've never posted any client details in a forum....but really???? The way Damian is being treated is very disrespectful.

• Again Damian didn't do it, whatever IT was., so move on.

• InglarInglar Member
    edited August 2012

@Corey said: The way Damian is being treated is very disrespectful.

Opposing views have a place to be always.
    Where is the truth?

@Jack said: @LAKid It wasn't Damian's fault , It was the DC!

Oh, how we could forget about this meme? :)

• @Jack as always, that too.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited August 2012

Me again lol.. IPXcore made a mistake just like i did and he wont be making the same mistake like i did (i hope so) give him a break already. even it its fake details its still business like james(httpzoom) said.

Everyone makes mistakes.

Thanked by 1ipxadam
  • @Corey said: The way Damian is being treated is very disrespectful.

You know whats the problem? Damian doesnt want to accept his mistake and apologize instead. and censor the screenshot or remove it. He wanted to fight, and so a rumble was given.

• It's not disrespectful to say that someone isn't acting professionally. It's the kind of thing you should expect when you run a business, especially if you're, well, acting unprofessionally. Again: Going on a public forum to say, "Look at this awesome witty email I sent this guy when I terminated his service, and his lame response!" is not a professional thing to do. I'm not saying it's morally wrong, or that Damian is a bad person, or that he can only get off by kicking a dog. I'm saying it's the kind of thing l33t kiddie hosts do.

No drama whoring involved. Kiddie clients are at least as big a problem as kiddie hosts are...

• InglarInglar Member
    edited August 2012

@hAwNerk said: and apologize instead

Here? To whom personally?

@hAwNerk said: He wanted to fight, and so a rumble was given.

And so? As long as their services will be suitable for me, I will defend them, sorry...

@Soylent said: No drama whoring involved. Kiddie clients are at least as big a problem as kiddie hosts are...

Just wondering, what are you doing here while evil kiddies jump around? And also sorry :)

Why don't you try to teach Goooooogle Inc. here, for example?

P.S. Your privacy is a myth, but it's a good myth, until you start to cry about it too much...

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2012

@Spirit said: @Damian I would cancell my service with you right now however I will do it some other time so that you won't actually know it was me and potentially somewhere post my private info in return. Sounds funny? Maybe, but that's how much I, as your client, trust you...

This is one of the reasons I don't give my real name to hosts. I looked at privacy policies and they all have loopholes that can be exploited. Some don't mention selling to third parties, some don't mention giving names to authorities ONLY when procedures were respected in full, others don't have this at all.
    So, why are ppl wondering why customers use fake names again ?
    M

• Because some of them do? iipxcore, you should at least apologize

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • +1. I think ipxcore do have an issue here. Despite what the customer does, you do not go out and name and shame them. You should respect the privacy. If they don't respect your rules, feel free to terminate them, but you need to respect their privacy.

Staying away from ipxcore too.

• Be a man. apologize. Just like i did. its a mistake that you have made. please think again

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • lbftlbft Member

@Corey said: I think the whole thread is full of drama whores. I've never posted any client details in a forum....but really???? The way Damian is being treated is very disrespectful.

Indeed. I don't like when providers post customer details in public, even fake ones of scammers - but the amount of overreaction in this thread is ridiculous. Damian's shown he's a good guy over and over again in this community and it's remarkable the way some people jump to conclusions.

Thanked by 2Damian TheHackBox
  • i still dont get why you want Damian to apologize an abuser is an abuser its not a customer .

When i go to the grocery store in the entrance hall there is a picture of all abuser that have steal stuff or ruin other customer's shoping experiance . They also share the picture with other grocery store to be sure that the abuser dont come back in any grocery store . does customer telling to themself
    " poor thief they got their privacy ruined i should go ask manager to trash his picture and make a big stealing party in his store "

Last week there been a voyeur that was trying to see into girl cabin @ my local wallmart .. what the manager does ? Let the abuser do his stuff and let it go ?
    telling to himself " The poor abuser need right to privacy , I'll let him ruin all other real customer experiance "
    Heck no he called the police and his face is all over the local newspaper .

i still dont get why people get that upset about an abuser been suspended and other people in the industry beeing warned .

Smell fishy to me those people who are overreacting must be hiding something too .

Thanked by 1Damian
  • @Zen said: Releasing a picture of who broke the law in your store

Is this before or after a trial has found them guilty? If before, same problem and can of worms

Thanked by 3Zen Randy tux

miTgiB,

This would be likely to be after trial, otherwise the business would open themselves to litigation.

Thanked by 1Randy
  • GIANT_CRABGIANT_CRAB Member
    edited August 2012

I am not trying to be mean, just stating some facts here:

@Damian posts a screenshot of an email conversation between him and his fake client.

Everybody getting butthurt/overreacting/drama over it.

Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc sells your account information away to advertisers and big companies.

Nobody cares.

edited August 2012

@httpzoom said: This would be likely to be after trial, otherwise the business would open themselves to litigation.

Depend in which country.
    To throw my 2c here, Damian did something wrong, even if for setting an example. Ppl may think it is ok to post things like this here because, you know, they are abusers/thieves/child molesters/forgot to pay the vps bill, whatever.
    It should not be allowed, period.
    It is also not the first time, and, as much as I like Damian and his transparency regarding his moving and all gained my support, the same transparency should not apply to customer data without their consent or a court ruling allowing it.
    Even if no privacy policy is in place, I am sure that even US that goes after every terrorist/child molester/hacker=internet user should have a law about that that superseeds any privacy policy (or lack of it).
    M

• @Maounique You're over-reacting, Damian didn't post anything, it was fake.
    You never complained to Google's privacy policy directly, now picking on a small guy?

@ElliotJ said: Doesn't the USA have an equivalent/similar privacy protection

I think it has but it is not enforced, everybody who likes privacy should be investigated because they have something to hide and, sooner or later they will find something to justify the investigation.
    M

• Lol! :)

@Maounique said: abusers/thieves/child molesters/forgot to pay the vps bill

• PatsPats Member

+1 @Randy cool.. thats good comment :)

Thanked by 1Randy