Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SwitchVM - Benchmarks? - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SwitchVM - Benchmarks?

Comments

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@Zen said: And this is a prime example of that. If you have a plan you need to stick to it and be serious about business.

I know, I know. This is a lesson learnt. /threadclose

• How about you do part time with existing provider? I would if i have time though. :D

@budingyun said: How about you do part time with existing provider? I would if i have time though. :D

I already do.

• @dominicl said: I already do.

Continue... Get more experience. Business is somehow unpredictable. :p

Yep - I work at a provider who has featured on LEB, and run the Minecraft sector of another provider on LEB

Hello guys,

Mainly - I stopped this because of the crisis that happened with SecuredServers which gave me no hope in what I want to do at all. I've recently resolved this, and I'm happy to say that SwitchVM will be opening in the near future.

The opening deal will be posted shortly on WHT and it is one you just can't miss. Everyone will be going mad at it I'm sure. We're not going to be hosted in the PhoenixNAP DC anymore, and I will confirm a location and test IP shortly for the new DC. When PhoenixNAP stopped my server and refunded me, I just thought there was no hope anymore. I've managed to pick up, however.

I'll be posting more information shortly here.

Thank you,
    Dominic

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@SimpleNode said: I got a free upgrade to a E3-1270v2 from a 1230v1 because I told Gordon his network seemed amazing.

He gives those out by accident or for convenience all the time. If it came prebuilt one way and he didn't want to bug remote hands to swap a CPU or RAM, he just left it.

edited September 2012

@Jack said: Go shame SS on WHT , they always seemed shady to me.

Haha - the WHT mods are horrible. Something happened which they thought was my fault so they banned me. I didn't actually do anything wrong, and they refuse point blank to do anything about it.

If you have any other UK or US DC recommendations, I'm still open to them

@liam said: You sure?

Yes, after that I had no confidence whatsoever. I've managed to recoup some of that

• Cant say im surprised SS showed you the door, you have a habit of taking out services until the end of the refund period, then requesting your money back.

This entire thread is a joke.

edited September 2012

@GetKVM_Ash said: Cant say im surprised SS showed you the door, you have a habit of taking out services until the end of the refund period, then requesting your money back.

This entire thread is a joke.

I didn't request a refund from SS, Ash and also that stopped, ages ago

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited September 2012

@dominicl said: Can't go there. I got a refund from them a while back and apparantely I can't go back for a while.

@dominicl said: Basically, I have been with them before for my own, personal needs and cancelled 2 servers, on 2 different occasions.

Those two incidents i just pulled from this one thread, not to mention a handful of providers i personally know experiencing the same problems with you. If you cant manage to pay for a LEB how are you going to pay a monthly dedicated server fee and other expenses.

Go get a paper round or something like most other kids. It might sound harsh, but you are not mature enough to run a serious business, that's clear enough just from this thread alone.

One minute your opening, the next minute your not. Structure is a key part of business, you clearly lack any form of that.

Fair enough.

I don't think there's any point. Obviously people don't want me to start so nobody's gonna buy anyway.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited September 2012

are you copying my line @Jack? :P

• @dominicl said: I don't think there's any point. Obviously people don't want me to start so nobody's gonna buy anyway.

I Think you are just wanting people to comment " please dont close switchvm, continue" and the fact you are wanting people to say that is because it makes you feel good and you will start. BUT dude who cares? its your business so stop trying to get attention, start if you want, if not don't even start your business.

• @dominicl Start -> Get ready to lawnchair(launch) -> Mess up with SS -> Cancel -> Find new provider -> Get ready to launch -> Get criticized -> Cancel SwitchVM?

• Just go setup SwitchVM, and get off LET until you've launched. :P

Thanked by 1PacketVM
  • @SimpleNode said: @dominicl Start -> Get ready to lawnchair(launch) -> Mess up with SS -> Cancel -> Find new provider -> Get ready to launch -> Get criticized -> Cancel SwitchVM?

indeed. this guy want some encouragement from us, which i find that dosen't make sense at all

@SimpleNode said: @dominicl Start -> Get ready to lawnchair(launch) -> Mess up with SS -> Cancel -> Find new provider -> Get ready to launch -> Get criticized -> Cancel SwitchVM?

Ermm, interesting

• @Jack said: @GetKVM_Ash Give him a chance , we all make mistakes.

A mistake should be made once and learned from, not repeated. If you want to encourage children to start businesses go ahead.

/unsubscribed

Thanked by 1Randy
  • @dominicl So have you gotten that refund from whoever your new provider is yet?

Thanked by 1Ash_Hawkridge
    edited September 2012

@GetKVM_Ash said: A mistake should be made once and learned from, not repeated.

It wasn't repeated. SwitchVM would have been my first hosting company that hadn't used resold stuff

@SimpleNode said: @dominicl So have you gotten that refund from whoever your new provider is yet?

nope, and i'm not getting one

• @Randy said: indeed. this guy want some encouragement from us, which i find that dosen't make sense at all

Because this thread is just 100+ comments of attention seeking.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited September 2012

@Jack said: How many chances did you have like

@Jack said: How many chances did you have like 4 or 5?

well. i dont know :P . How many Abuse reports do you have? :) and how many hair do you have in your skin?

Thanked by 1Ash_Hawkridge

@Randy said: well. i dont know :P . How many Abuse reports do you have? :)

Good comeback...

• @dominicl said: Good comeback...

ask yourself that instead :)

• SimpleNodeSimpleNode Member
    edited September 2012

@dominicl Good. Let's see how much time you can go without getting a refund (getting offered one, like in your case with SS is ok.).
    Right now it's 1 month I think...

• @dominicl If you want do it. Just do it. Then, advertise.

@SimpleNode said: @dominicl Good. Let's see how much time you can go without getting a refund.

Right now it's 1 month I think...

? More than that without asking for one

• @dominicl
    One second.

This discussion has been closed.