Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SwitchVM - Benchmarks? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SwitchVM - Benchmarks?

Comments

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@Alex_LiquidHost said: UKservers are ridiculously expensive.

Yeah,
    I don't know any good UK/Europe providers. Any recommendations?

• Redstation.

Thanked by 1PacketVM

@GetKVM_Ash said: Redstation.

Dropped them an email. Anyone else? It doesn't have to be UK. Can be Netherlands as well

@liam said: Budget?

Depends on the quality of the provider really, haha. Obviously unmanaged. Just suggest some reasonably priced providers and I'll take a look at them all

• RandyRandy Member
    edited August 2012

check out those guys at EZPZ Hosting, they seem to have lots of good reviews :)

Thanked by 1PacketVM

@Randy said: check out those guys at EZPZ Hosting, they seem to have lots of good reviews :)

Thanks - will do.

@Jack said: BurstNet.eu

Will take a look, cheers

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@Jack said: I would go with Burst over any other provider in the UK.

Why so? Redstation seem better than Burst.

edited August 2012

@Alex_LiquidHost said: Why so? Redstation seem better than Burst.

Having looked at Burst, I agree. Burst seem more expensive. Apparantely redstation's network is rock solid

@Jack said: Well they did a 99p or £1 deal ages ago , I used it and Drac they gave me didn't let me log in and I wanted to reload the OS so I told them it wouldn't let me login and that I wanted to use it with a different OS but No they wanted £25 to even look at the issue.

So far I've heard only good things about them. Weird.

@Jack said: Hostdime UK Just thought of them too I know LoveVPS use them.

Will take a look.

Hostdime offers only managed servers and seems way too expensive for any LEB host provider.

edited August 2012

Yeah, HD do unmanaged.
    hdums.com

Any other uk providers to contact? :P

@Jack said: Slap James , he might be able to give you a decent deal on a box too :)

Will do. I did him a website design, and he was going to offer me a VPS. I went on live chat a few weeks ago, and he told me not to contact him on there, so I replied to his email. I then went on live chat yesterday, forgetting that he'd told me not to and he said due to me going on live chat I can't have the VPS.

I suppose if I'm chucking money at him, he might be helpful :P

How would this CPU be as a VPS node do you guys think?

http://cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+Opteron+3280

Thanks

• LV_MattLV_Matt Member
    edited August 2012

@Alex_LiquidHost said: UKservers are ridiculously expensive.

From what I remember from getting a quote with them (UKServers) is they are pretty cheap at the moment, plus since HostDime left them last month they have a lot of space to fill up at the moment. So if you want a good deal try them.

In regards to the US, try:

• LimeStone
    • IOFlood
    • QuadraNet (They can give some good quotes)
    • 100TB they sometimes do have some good deals going about.
    • DedicatedNow
    • GNAX / NetDepot

Ones to avoid are HiVelocity they charge over the odds on IP addresses making it just about un-viable (they used to anyway - I suspect its so we don't compete with there new brand).

But don't expect USA prices in the UK!

Some tips: Email the above providers or submit a sales ticket, don't bump the ticket expecting quick replies, never go on live chat for a quote.

@LV_Matt said: QuadraNet (They can give some good quotes)

Can't go there. I got a refund from them a while back and apparantely I can't go back for a while. Anyway, Matt, regarding the other people. I will take a look at them all and drop some emails through. HiVelocity = no so we're agreeing!

Is it time to stop this project do you think? People haven't exactly been encouraging and I'm not sure about getting orders...whether it would happen. Let me know what you guys think, and I'll do the best thing

@LV_Matt
    Well I configured a server that could work as an average vps node end at around 320$, if we are pushing it with only 5TB of BW. This does not include the IPs. I think it would be an overkill for a starting openvz provider at LEB.

@Jack said: I might be able to get you a nice node with Volumedrive for a decent price if you wanted something cheap to start up with you can always vzmigrate to a new node if you got bigge

If you can get me a good quote for a new dev node at VD with KVMoIP, PM me :P

• Better get some experience first by working under other provider. :D

PM me @Jack

• RandyRandy Member
    edited August 2012

@dominicl said: Is it time to stop this project do you think? People haven't exactly been encouraging and I'm not sure about getting orders...whether it would happen. Let me know what you guys think,

and I'll do the best thing

Why must we encourage you? (it makes no sense) its up to you. lol by the looks of your comment, maybe you should stop

@Randy said: Why must we encourage you? (it makes no sense) its up to you. lol by the looks of your comment, maybe you should stop

If I can find something that doesn't make me loose a hell of a lot of money, I might.

edited August 2012

Right, I've thought. Im just going to stop. Due to school and stuff, I don't think I have the time for it really. I'll still hang around here, but without switchVM I guess.

please close :)

• @dominicl said: Is it time to stop this project do you think? People haven't exactly been encouraging and I'm not sure about getting orders...whether it would happen. Let me know what you guys think, and I'll do the best thing

just do it. and prove they are wrong.

• i am not trying to bash you, this is not a game. its your own business why would you need someone encourage you? it makes no sense..

Please close this thread. I've said education is more important than this and I can see this taking over.

How old are you? You seem like 15yrs old. Seriouslly, I told you this will happen a couple of pages ago. You do need to realise that this is not a joke. You have nearly zero chance in getting good amount of orders teh first months, what were you expecting actually? A bunch of positive comments from the sort of "I want to purchase ASAP, I look forward to this, cant wait"? Of course they were discouraging, you prooved that you have no idea of how this industry works, the past 2 weeks. Since I was here, and it is not form a long time, I have seen you actually try to start a company and giveup atleast 2 times.

Thanked by 2Randy SimpleNode

I'll come back after school, when I've finished my education and fulfill a hosting company or similar then, when I have more of an idea on how this all works

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
This discussion has been closed.