Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SwitchVM - Benchmarks? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SwitchVM - Benchmarks?

Comments

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@dominicl said: I need to get this sorted ASAP, so I need to send the emails ASAP really.

This was what I was reffering to. ;)

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@Alex_LiquidHost said: This was what I was reffering to. ;)

Oh, haha. Well, due to the problems I've been having I'm not rushing now :P I'm going to get everything perfect and then launch :)

@dominicl said: Oh, haha. Well, due to the problems I've been having I'm not rushing now :P I'm going to get everything perfect and then launch :)

Good to hear that :)

What locations are you looking for?

@Alex_LiquidHost said: Good to hear that :)

What locations are you looking for?

I'm not too bothered. US - NY? Phoenix? Dallas? I'm not really bothered. Somewhere in the US :P

• budingyunbudingyun Member
    edited August 2012

Dowsing? :p

• @dominicl: Enjoying the LET crowd yet? :D

• TazTaz Member

@dominicl said: I'm not too bothered. US - NY? Phoenix? Dallas? I'm not really bothered. Somewhere in the US :P

Dallas Texas, Take a look at my offer please.

xeon e3-1230 4x1tb+32GB ddr3 ecc+ /27+/29 + 100mbps unmeterd on a premium network 250/mo.

Damian, yep always haha

Taz, will consider. Where from?

• TazTaz Member

@dominicl said: Taz, will consider. Where from?

Dallas, TX. CoreExchange our own lil cab.

Still looking at the moment :P

• @dominicl said: Still looking at the moment :P

Incero was out of your budget? :(

@SimpleNode said: Incero was out of your budget? :(

Not necessarily. I'm still considering it.

• LimestoneNetworks :)

@Randy said: LimestoneNetworks :)

Going to consider them as well, although they are out of stock on the e3-1230 and 1270

• LSN charge a tad much for gigabit ports.

@SimpleNode said: LSN charge a tad much for gigabit ports.

Yea they do for Gbit. I'm gonna contact Sales and see what they can do ;)

• @dominicl said: Yea they do for Gbit. I'm gonna contact Sales and see what they can do ;)

do you have an accountant?

• @SimpleNode said: LSN charge a tad much for gigabit ports.

you can always upgrade as you grow, there is no need to upgrade :) and i think its worth it for their hardware/support

• @dominicl before you start: Tell me why i (or anyone else here) should buy services from you instead of an established provider?

• RandyRandy Member
    edited August 2012

@gsrdgrdghd said: before you start: Tell me why i (or anyone else here) should buy services from you instead of an established provider?

Good question+1

@gsrdgrdghd said: @dominicl before you start: Tell me why i (or anyone else here) should buy services from you instead of an established provider?

Because you like LEB's :P No, really, because you want a quality service and good support. Every provider has to start somewhere...SecureDragon started somewhere

• @dominicl said: Because you like LEB's :P No, really, because you want a quality service and good support. Every provider has to start somewhere...SecureDragon started somewhere

not to sound mean (feel free to correct me, you had a few deadpools correct?) "wondering"

edited August 2012

@Randy said: not to sound mean (feel free to correct me, you had a few deadpools correct?) "wondering"

No, I've never had a deadpool. When I had Guernsey Hosting (ages ago), I didn't just disappear. I made sure all clients were transferred to another provider.

• @dominicl said: No, I've never had a deadpool. When I had Guernsey Hosting (ages ago), I didn't just disappear. I made sure all clients were transferred to another provider.

refunds?

@Randy said: refunds?

They were transferred to another provider with the same prices as they had with me. They were all happy with that.

• sounds good then :)

@Randy said: sounds good then :)

Yep :) I didn't do what some do, and just disappear without taking care of clients. Clients come first.

• @dominicl said: No, really, because you want a quality service and good support. Every provider has to start somewhere...SecureDragon started somewhere

Well that doesn't convince me, but good luck to you :)

Thanked by 1PacketVM

@liam said: What will/would you do if your node crashed and you were at school?

I have my ways. I can access stuff.

@liam said: Have you thought about getting a server in uk/europe?

Not really - I thought there was more demand for US-based servers. UK servers seem to cost a lot more too. Not sure if that's true or not, though. I only know US providers, not UK. Only UK ones I know are Redstation and UKServers

UKservers are ridiculously expensive.

This discussion has been closed.