Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap Colo - what are your thoughts? RPI £2.50? (for small devices colo)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap Colo - what are your thoughts? RPI £2.50? (for small devices colo)

MSPNickMSPNick Member
edited February 2015 in Offers

So i'd thought I would offer up a thread about this as I am getting pretty intensive in my email, support tickets and here on LET so to throw it out.

Yes - I can do colo for RPI's for £2.50/mo you'll get a dedicated IP address for usage and 1tb included just as a first come first serve basis.

Yes- I do offer a £8/mo UK dedicated server, the specs are Atom 230, 160GB HDD, 1GB of ram, and 500GB of bandwidth includes 1 IP address.

I can colo other machines depending on what they actually are - I can do Dell, Ultra Small form factor PC's for £17/mo colo'd or we buy them for you.

I am getting a HP microserver soon to offer out NAT type VPS in the UK.

:-) just let us know.. if this sounds fair to you lot..

Comments

• That's pretty cool, I've been tempted to colocate a RPI for a while. Is there an option to pay a setup fee and have you purchase the PI (and an SD card + anything else needed)?

• @MSPNick can we get the IP details before we send the RPi to you to configure or will you be configuring the network when it is delivered to you?

• said: I am getting a HP microserver soon to offer out NAT type VPS in the UK.

don't make that mistake :D the single thread performance of those are terrible. (one of the reasons why i sold mine)

• @YellowHummingbird said:
    That's pretty cool, I've been tempted to colocate a RPI for a while. Is there an option to pay a setup fee and have you purchase the PI (and an SD card + anything else needed)?

Yes that's fine I have done this with a few here.

@wych said:
    MSPNick can we get the IP details before we send the RPi to you to configure or will you be configuring the network when it is delivered to you?

No, i'll send you the network information in a support ticket to configure yourself - if you do make a mistake - i'll ring you and i'll set it up here myself.

Thanked by 1YellowHummingbird
  • @TarZZ92 said:

Well, i'm literally just testing the thing out so you never know but I'll take your advice!

• Thanks! @MSPNick I got my RPi up today, working well!!

• @MSPNick
    Any chance of offering dedicated RP 2 option? £3.50 a month ?? if yes then I will get one on early march :-D

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited February 2015

@rmlhhd said:
    Thanks! MSPNick I got my RPi up today, working well!!

That's good. :-)

• @Stevie said:
    MSPNick
    Any chance of offering dedicated RP 2 option? £3.50 a month ?? if yes then I will get one on early march :-D

Me to buy or you to ship?

• @MSPNick yea you buy lol, I do not have one so would like to see a option for that :-)

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • edited February 2015

@MSPNick said:
    Yes that's fine I have done this with a few here.

Oh, awesome. Please can you tell me much would that cost for an RPI 2? You can PM me if you'd rather.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Stevie said: offering dedicated RP 2 option? £3.50 a month ??

Indeed the RPi 1 is dead; but there is no reason for RPi 2 colocation to be more expensive than RPi 1 colocation what-so-ever.

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • @rm_ said:

No but in terms of buying the hardware for the customer, I'd say that's about right.

• Is your DC location multihomed ?

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • @FrankZ said:
    Is your DC location multihomed ?

Yes

Thanked by 2FrankZ aglodek
  • @rm_
    @MSPNick

Sorry I mean I would pay the £3.50 for the RPi 2 + co-location which is why I said dedicated RPi 2. (Meaning mspnick buy the hardware and hosts it)

Sorry if I am confusing I am half asleep

• @Stevie said:
    rm_
    MSPNick

Sorry I mean I would pay the £3.50 for the RPi 2 + co-location which is why I said dedicated RPi 2. (Meaning mspnick buy the hardware and hosts it)

Sorry if I am confusing I am half asleep

What I can do is still charge £2.50/mo if you pay the fee to buy it - Once that happens I can just send it back once your term or you decide to leave..

Sound OK?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @MSPNick

I might do that but the problem I have is the currency exchange rate and how much the RPi 2 cost for you, are they around £22.58 (that is $35 in USD)

• How about if I pay for the pi 2 upfront and then Colo at 2.5 a month?

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • Only UK :(

• @sc754 said:
    How about if I pay for the pi 2 upfront and then Colo at 2.5 a month?

That's also fine.

You'll get them back once finished your term

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • HyperSpeedHyperSpeed Member
    edited February 2015

Hey Nick, I was wondering what the price of colo you'd offer me, if you could pm about dell 1950 III?

Great offers though!

Stevie said: I might do that but the problem I have is the currency exchange rate and how much the RPi 2 cost for you, are they around £22.58 (that is $35 in USD)

At the moment a RPI 2 is 44.96USD on Amazon (£29.00)

• I foudn that you can buy RPI's on Amazon for £30.99 and RS online for £24.90 but they're out of stock..

@HyperSpeed said:
    Hey Nick, I was wondering what the price of colo you'd offer me, if you could pm about dell 1950 III?

Great offers though!

At the moment a RPI 2 is 44.96USD on Amazon (£29.00)

What is the power usage?

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited February 2015

This was intended for RPI and smaller devices like a Intel nuc - You can buy a SD card from eBay that's 32GB in storage, for £13.. Pretty decent price.

• StevieStevie Member
    edited February 2015

@MSPNick

This is a cool offer lol, I have quite a few small devices (pogo plug, nokia tablet 810, asus 7 inch laptop and others) but come on a 700mhz with 128 mb ram arm pogo plug I do not think is worth colo haha, I gotta think I do no have the funds upfront for a RPi 2 :-/

• Stevie said: nokia tablet 810

You selling that?

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited February 2015

@Stevie said:
    MSPNick

This is a cool offer lol, I have quite a few small devices (pogo plug, nokia tablet 810, asus 7 inch laptop and others) but come on a 700mhz with 128 mb ram arm pogo plug I do not think is worth colo haha, I gotta think I do no have the funds upfront for a RPi 2 :-/

Honestly, I can do pretty much anything if you want.. Just keep it a good size. Got Mac Mini's too that can go in.

• @William
    The full name is Nokia N810 Handheld Internet Tablet

Yea I can sell it I have too many handheld pc's/tablets that I do not use.
    PM me your offer and what country you are from so I can see shipping.

• @MSPNick
    Yea that is pretty awesome, I am just thinking also sorry for going off topic on your thread with william I may contact you soon

• @Stevie said:
    MSPNick
    Yea that is pretty awesome, I am just thinking also sorry for going off topic on your thread with william I may contact you soon

It's fine Williams a bit of a hero around here :-)