Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosting for WHMCS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosting for WHMCS

lele0108lele0108 Member
edited August 2012 in General

So, the current host I use refuses to open ports that SolusVM's WHMCS module needs to use (5353, 5656, 6767, 443, 800). Does anybody here offering hosting what will work with SolusVM's WHMCS module?

Thanks!

Edit: Looking for shared cPanel hosting.

Comments

• Pretty much any LEB offer here should be fine...

• lele0108lele0108 Member
    edited August 2012

@Tony_offshore said: Pretty much any LEB offer here should be fine...

Oh right, forgot the mention, looking for shared hosting.

• AsadAsad Member
    edited August 2012

I'm guessing you have shared hosting at the moment. Either get a vps, or shared hosting from here where the ports aren't blocked.

@miTgiB Does your shared hosting block those ports?

• Hostgation should work fine. who is your current host?

edited August 2012

I use reseller from Eleven2, just for being lazy.

I just seem to prefer shared environments to host WHMCS rather than setting up a VPS. I do have a nice Iperweb/Prometeus SSD VPS I use to host some master panels on, but I don't want to put WHMCS on there.

@AsadHaider Yup, was wondering if hosts here who do cPanel can do it. They understand why I need these ports :P

• AsadAsad Member
    edited August 2012

@lele0108 DirectAdmin works too, a lot of providers use Hostgator for their WHMCS/support (not sure if they block SolusVM ports though).

• @AsadHaider said: DirectAdmin works too, a lot of providers use Hostgator for their WHMCS/support.

Avoid HostGator because of EGI, and I'm completely fine with DirectAdmin, as long as they open the ports for SolusVM.

@Jack Although not that much work, I prefer shared for my WHMCS. Also got a lot of servers I need to move/set up (Coresite, yay?), so quite busy.

Thanked by 1klikli
  • Our website and billing just run off a LEB from here... and is auto-backed up to another LEB. :P

• AsadAsad Member

You could also change SolusVM ports to 80/443.

• AsadAsad Member

https://hostigation.com/?page=OpenVZ

$4/mo vps, get that and setup a LNMP like @Zen said. Easiest thing to do IMO.

• Hmm, I guess it would be only 3 minutes more work to run it on a VPS (@Zen I run it on shared to make sure if my servers go down, my sites do not).

Any recommendations?

• edited August 2012

Why do you prefer shared hosting for something as important as your WHMCS install?

I'd be willing to bet that it'd be much safer and more reliable on a properly setup VPS than just any random cPanel host with who knows how many customers on the same node and no guarantee of resources. I just think WHMCS is too important to risk putting in a shared environment.

Just my $0.02

EDIT: Plus, I've never had a whole lot of luck using shared hosting with scripts that needs to send out emails. A lot of blacklisted shared IPs. You don't want to install WHMCS somewhere if you're client's invoices are being sent to their SPAM box.

• BrandonBrandon Member
    edited August 2012

Feel free to look at our webhosting plans as we host a lot of professional websites and small businesses. Our environment would work just perfectly for you.

Provision Host
    http://provisionhost.com

• AsadAsad Member
    edited August 2012

@Brandon You forgot to leave a link/name ;)

• @AsadHaider said: @Brandon You forgot to leave a link/name ;)

Whoops just added :)

• Try EZPZHosting, they offer free WHMCS, without blocking any port

• @AsadHaider said: @miTgiB Does your shared hosting block those ports?

Yes, it does, but for this, I would open them to the IP of the Solus master, or as @AsadHaider suggested, just get a VPS

• @miTgiB Just getting a VPS from Hostigation ;)

• @lele0108 said: getting a VPS from Hostigation ;)

That is an excellent idea!

Thanked by 1lele0108
  • TazTaz Member

@manndude
    Hey I just heard this
    And this is crazy
    But google apps are free
    So use it maybe ?

• @Taz_NinjaHawk I've never heard that song and something about how often I hear people reference it makes me not want to ever hear that song.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I think WHMCS is the most common script on our shared hosting server (mainly on our $12/y plan), not sure why but it seems to be installed more than Wordpress... not that I'm complaining, WHMCS uses a lot less resources. :D

• TazTaz Member

Listen to it. Pretty catchy tune.

edited August 2012

@Taz_NinjaHawk said: Listen to it. Pretty catchy tune.

Better yet watch the dirty version on youtube.

VPS from Hostigation is very nice :D

• Bit late to the party on this, I also offer cPanel and Directadmin shared hosting.
    More than willing to open ports for users requirements.

You'll have no problems with your VPS from Tim though, best of luck.

• PhoenixVPSPhoenixVPS Member
    edited August 2012

@lele0108 We do have our Hybrid Cloud Hosting, and the Business Package comes with IonCube enabled, amongst other things. It might be out of your price range, but if you PM me I can give you a good deal. It's probably over-specked for what you need it for, however you could run your entire website, a forum and WHMCS in that account and still have room to spare -> vpsnodebox.com/cloud-hosting

• @vpsnodebox said: It might be out of your price range, but if you PM me I can give you a good deal. It's probably over-specked for what you need it for, however you could run your entire website, a forum and WHMCS in that account and still have room to spare

The plans seem to be for those who don't know command line. A bit out of my price range as well.

• @lele0108 Do you need a VPS or Shared? Hybrid Cloud = Clustered Shared Hosting - high end I might add, but none the less, it's got a cPanel front end for ease of use. That being said, I can give you a good deal on it.

• @vpsnodebox said: Do you need a VPS or Shared? Hybrid Cloud = Clustered Shared Hosting - high end I might add, but none the less, it's got a cPanel front end for ease of use. That being said, I can give you a good deal on it.

I currently moved my setup on a miTgiB, and it's working great so far. I'll contact you if I ever meet somebody who needs a good shared provider ;).

• @lele0108 - thanks allot! We also have VPS servers (Xen), otherwise I wouldn't be around here ;)