Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fake/Scam payment request using paypal
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Fake/Scam payment request using paypal

I have no idea whats going on.

One guy signed up on my webhosting and made a purchase of 2.50 $ for one month of shared hosting. Paid using paypal.

After a few hours he sent me a paypal payment request for 300$.
Now this request shows in my paypal account as pending.

I never bought anything from this guy. I don't even know him and he sent me a payment request for 300 $. What am I supposed to do now?

Comments

• Contact paypal resolution center. Their phone support is really fast!

• How about I just cancel this money request?

• stallionstallion Member
    edited February 2015

The link you posted is for the sender. I am the receiver. :D
    I am the one who received a payment request. Would it be ok if I just cancel it? Most probably this guy is a scam. What do you think? Should I cancel his account and refund his money too?

• NomadNomad Member
    edited February 2015

Hello my friend, I'm a prince in Nigeria.

While buying services from your host, I learnt that my father has passed away. But being trapped in an Internet Cafe I can't claim it without paying the bill and I just lost all my money to GVH. I'm in dire need of $300 for the cafe and some whisky afterwards.

So if you help me, I will give you a huge percentage of the millions of dollars of my father's inheritance.

Yours truly,

S. Cam Mer

• @stallion said: I have no idea whats going on... What am I supposed to do now?

I can send you a payment request for $300, too. Then you'll have two of them pending ;) So what? What are you worried about? Just ignore or cancel it.

• Pay him 300$ and keep a good client with you :)

• @Nomad said:
    Hello my friend, I'm a prince in Nigeria.

While buying services from your host, I learnt that my father has passed away. But being trapped in an Internet Cafe I can't claim it without paying the bill and I just lost all my money to GVH. I'm in dire need of $300 for the cafe and some whisky afterwards.

So if you help me, I will give you a huge percentage of the millions of dollars of my father's inheritance.

Yours truly,

S. Cam Mer

this guy could be from anywhere ....quit the Nigerian bullshit.

its becoming boring.....

• NomadNomad Member
    edited February 2015

@enitan092, true he might be from anywhere. And I'm not saying since scamming is a business in Nigeria and all of us recieve most of our scam from Nigeria that all Nigerians are scammers.

If you put your nationality aside and just read it you might realize I'm just making a joke.
    Don't get offended my Nigerian friend.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

enitan092 said: quit the Nigerian bullshit.

well, I got them from many people saying they are from various african or south asian countries.
    They became known as the nigerian letters because the nigerians were either the first or the most numerous using it or people pretending to be nigerians, whatever.
    If dracula is said to be from Romania, does not mean all romanians are vampires, but we did have even int he 21st century people digging the dead to burn their heart and drink the ash with water so the dead will no longer return.
    Crazy people and scammers are all over the world.

• There only American stereotypes about World, like NK - Evil, Nigeria - scammers, Libya - terrorists, etc.. nothing more than

Thanked by 4netomx enitan092 asf ATHK
  • fitvpn said: There only American stereotypes about World, like NK - Evil, Nigeria - scammers, Libya - terrorists, etc.. nothing more than

After all, NK has the nicest gov in the world and Nigeria is a low risk country. Must be stereotypes.

• @4n0nx said:

The NK is very safe indeed! Kim Jong Un likes new visitors!

• If he/she dident sent you money you can only ignore it.

• You can also ask him directly about the request. And yes, just ignore it if you haven't ordered anything from that person.

• Just cancel the request, and if you're in doubt that this person might use your services for illegal stuff, cancel his account.

• @HostAxa your signature is 5 lines long. Please read: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/15263/lowendtalk-rules-and-guidelines and resolve this.

Thanks!

Thanked by 1Maounique

Hello, mister moderator, I see it 3 lines long.

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited February 2015

@Maounique said:
    Hello, mister moderator, I see it 3 lines long.

Check the html. There are <br>s which make it twice as large.

Hum, shouldnt only the actual appearance matter? If i have a very long link to include, that will have to be trimmed down because the "html" is too big?

• "I never got the nigerian spam, therefore nigerian spam is an american stereotype".

I don't even..