Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vultr.com permanently deletes accounts
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vultr.com permanently deletes accounts

I was a client of GVH, 123Systems and DO, but such an intolerant attitude to complaints like VULTR I have not seen anywhere else!
No matter how many servers and how much money is in the account, if you do not have time to respond to a false complaint of a competitor, your account will be completely deleted.
Yes, it is - is not suspended, and removed!
This means that you can not even read the ticket because it is not able to log in to your account.

I tried to get an explanation from the technical support by email, but in the end got the answer:: "The account was terminated due to a pattern of behavior in violation of our Terms of Service".
After this technical support Vultr simply stopped responding to my emails.

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

It sounds like they gave you a timescale to respond to the report, how long was that? And what was the report?

Thanked by 4netomx cassa cassa lazyt
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Yeah, they seem to be pretty strict on abuse, but if you "do not have time" to respond to abuse reports, I would expect them to take action.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Pretty normal course of actions, if you ignore abuse reports.

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

There are two sides to every story, I feel like the other side has a whole different story to tell.

• I think there is something you don't tell. I guess you exceeded the time limit they provide for complaints.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

8bit said: I guess you exceeded the time limit they provide for complaints.

Perhaps, but they could suspend and continue to charge. Data is preserved for a possible legal police inquiry at the expense of the suspect, the abuse stops and the money is kept with a legal basis and, if it is indeed a mistake, it can be restored later.
    Win-win-win.

Thanked by 4Mark_R jar Pwner Devil
  • @Maounique said:

sounds more reasonable.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • 8bit8bit Member
    edited February 2015

@Maounique said:

Yes you are right. This is what every host do but maybe Vultr is different or the situation is different.

• Easy explanation- user accounts don't have RAID redundancy.

;)

Thanked by 2raindog308 BensDaMan
  • I would suspect there is another side to this story and we'll never hear from the OP again.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2015

I'm on team RAID but yeah... Ignore abuse reports and kiss your account goodbye. That's reasonable.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • What was the abuse about? Can you post a screen shot of the email please.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

ATHK said: Can you post a screen shot of the email please.

I don't think he has time for that.

• No need to delete the account...

• noisycodenoisycode Member
    edited February 2015

Seems that the OP has no time to answer this post:P

• matthewvz said: There are two sides to every story, I feel like the other side has a whole different story to tell.

I think both sides are prevalent. OP ignored abuse notice, vultr took their standard action.

• Sounds like a good job by Vultr. I'm tired of the false complaints by competition line.

• Hey there,
    this is again the author ))

I answered the complaints on time.
    But once my account is simply removed, without giving me time to answer at_all

I looked for similar situations in the Internet and found that it is common practice for VULTR: https://discuss.vultr.com/discussion/329/vultr-suspended-account-for-no-reason-with-my-clients-vps-on-them/p1

• @ivanivanov maybe show us little proof. Some screenshots of the abuse mail you got, and the time your got to reply, and then a mail/ticket when you replied.
    I'm sure you did not reply within the time frame you got.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

that link you provided is known here and the reason was spam.

you dont just get to respond to abuse reports you need to prevent abuse, if the same pattern of abuse happens over and over of course they are going to remove you.

can I punch you in the face over and over if I say sorry each time or do you want me to stop punching you completely?

• @myhken said:
    ivanivanov maybe show us little proof. Some screenshots of the abuse mail you got, and the time your got to reply, and then a mail/ticket when you replied.
    I'm sure you did not reply within the time frame you got.

No problem.
    First ticket: http://snag.gy/TMBDV.jpg
    Second ticket: http://snag.gy/flmsM.jpg

• @ivanivanov said:

You are actually running a high risk website/service and you might cause them lots of trouble

• @xDragonZ said:
    You are actually running a high risk website/service and you might cause them lots of trouble

This site is hosted by the providers: GVH, 123Systems and DigitalOcean. All of them are arranged my explanations.
    None of them did not delete my account, together with all the money on the account!

• Running a open http proxy. gg

Thanked by 1BensDaMan
  • @TheRedFox said:
    Running a open http proxy. gg

This is not prohibited by their user agreement

• HuskyHusky Member
    edited February 2015

Doesn't mean it's not abusable. If not by you but somebody else.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @Husky said:

If they wrote to me that my site on their hosting is undesirable, then I'd just moved to a new hosting

Instead, they waited until I bring money to my account. And then this account they removed. Well done!

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Husky said:

Everything is abusable, a simple ssh only box is abusable in case of an exploit comes out, this does not mean people go around suspending because people were found running ssh servers. What about passwords? Suspend for weak passwords? What does weak mean, who will judge that?

If it is not forbidden it is allowed, it is also not illegal, so...
    Yeah a complaint IS reason for suspension, not for deletion. Hence my original point. If the owner does not reply in time and the money for reserving the instances run out, then you can terminate. Also, if the owner refuses to comply with the requests, BUT, with a refund of the remaining money. It is standard procedure in case of changing the contract (introducing new restrictions).

Thanked by 1ivanivanov
  • AnthonySmith said: can I punch you in the face over and over if I say sorry each time or do you want me to stop punching you completely?

I'm glad your back Ant.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2015

TheRedFox said: Running a open http proxy. gg

ivanivanov said: This is not prohibited by their user agreement

You won the idiot award for today, go away.