Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback wanted on layout and idea
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feedback wanted on layout and idea

mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

When minstall stopped being developed and VestaCP came out I find that more and more of my webservers ends up using it.
The documentation is a bit sparse (to say the least) and I find myself browsing the code more and more as I find "unexpected behaviour" when adding more features to the basic install.

In an effort to have some sort of central saving space for what each command does I came up with the idea to create this: http://www.lowendguide.com/vesta-control-panel-documentation/

I've not added much (yet) but if I could get some feedback on the structure that is used on the page for each command. They layout would be the same for each, so if I change something, the change will be used on every page.
So come on, is there something missing that needs to be added to make it useful?

Thanked by 1YellowHummingbird

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Looks good. Might want to end up separating them into categories as you fill it up though. Could spend an afternoon alone documenting things that begin with "v-add" ;)

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Jar said:
    Looks good. Might want to end up separating them into categories as you fill it up though. Could spend an afternoon alone documenting things that begin with "v-add" ;)

I guess that will be step 3.
    Step 1. add all commands
    step 2. connect commands related to each other.
    step 3. fix the index page to a readable page.

Thanks for the comment.

• It looks nice, I like the idea too.