Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Edis vs RamNode. Some advice please?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Edis vs RamNode. Some advice please?

Server9Server9 Member
edited February 2015 in Providers

Hi there,

looking to move from my current provider due to unreliability issues and suspected overselling of resources.

This will be to host a cart website for a small European business e-cart, low visitor count website.

Leaving aside prices and specs (as they are both pretty similar) could you tell me how the two compare in terms of reliability, performance and customer service?

Which one would you recommend?

Thanks

Edis vs. RamNode?
  1. Edis vs. RamNode?61 votes
    1. Edis
      16.39%
    2. RamNode
      83.61%

Comments

• adxnadxn Member, Host Rep

Both of them are Great! But I would go with RamNode!

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • Ramnode destroys EDIS in just about every way imaginable.
    Pricing, performance, stability...

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • ChanChan Member
    edited February 2015

I have both, and I'm happy with both.

Performance wise RamNode seems to be better, but I'm not really in a position to compare the two as I started my EDIS plan (KVM) like three years ago and I'm sure they've upgraded their servers since then.

Support wise both are really good. If I remember correctly, both replied to my tickets within 30 mins.

Neither should be overselling. Even if they do, I've never been affected by it.

EDIS no longer sell low end plans (<$7) though, so you may want to bear that in mind.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • Ramnode, Netherlands location.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited February 2015

I would prefer ramnode due to personal approach to clients by @Nick_A. He knows his job, his price model in addition with the quality he offers is great, but he has limited locations.
    On the other hand, EDIS is a great mid-sized company, offers good prices for specs and has tones of locations to chose.
    Either you chose, you will be happy!

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • I recomended Ramnode, support and uptime very good.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • None of them

• @Jazzy8999 said:
    None of them

Why is that?

• All other factors being more or less comparable one might consider the fact that Edis is a european company whily ramnode is us-american.
    That might be relevant considering that increasingly many on this planet boycott everything usa whenever possible, particularly when considering what became public thanks to Snowden (and usa's relentless warmongering).

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

bsdguy said: That might be relevant considering that increasingly many on this planet boycott everything usa whenever possible, particularly when considering what became public thanks to Snowden (and usa's relentless warmongering).

Doesn't really matter, imaginary advantage at best. Other intelligence agencies are doing the same thing, and cooperating with eg. the NSA. From a jurisdiction POV it doesn't matter much either, there's such a thing as international treaties. If whatever you're running is not technologically secure, it's not secure at all.

Thanked by 2Dylan Mark_R
  • Ramnode. I really enjoy their service, 100% uptime, super fast disk i/o speed. There is nothing I can complain about at all. Strongly recommend it!

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • If you go for ramnode, go for their KVM-plans, as their OVZ plans are a lot more limited in terms of the cpu that you can use.

• I renewed my RamNode VPS a few days ago, I really love it :) Just using it as backupserver though. But I got about 240 days uptime.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • Definitely RamNode.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • +1 for RamNode.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Thanks everyone!

tr1cky said: If you go for ramnode, go for their KVM-plans, as their OVZ plans are a lot more limited in terms of the cpu that you can use.

Perhaps you're referring to some CPU competition you might have experienced on a VZ node? Technically the limits are the same regardless of virtualization with us.