Email Providers

Email Providers

dominicldominicl Member
edited August 2012 in General

Are there any free providers that allow you to use custom email addresses when using a VPS, such as [email protected]?

Thanks

Comments

• jarlandjarland Administrator
    edited August 2012

Google. I think outlook.com does too. Honestly running a mail server is pretty easy even if you haven't before. I recommend linode library for some tutorials that are practical and descriptive. Obviously using an external service lowers your resource overhead though.

• @jarland said: Google. I think outlook.com does too. Honestly running a mail server is pretty easy even if you haven't before. I recommend linode library for some tutorials that are practical and descriptive. Obviously using an external service lowers your resource overhead though.

Yeah - that's what I was thinking. Using an external service would generally be more reliable too. Will look at Google Apps and see what I can do with that.

• Can't Google apps to register me, wtf ;(

• @dominicl said: Can't Google apps to register me, wtf ;(

What is the problem? Can not register or what?

My blog | I'm not working for any providers in here, all my comments just my own opinion.
  • @ErawanArifNugroho said: What is the problem? Can not register or what?

When I click register, it just goes back to the sign up form but gives no errors.

• Think I got it now, they have 2 sign up forms and one of them works. Weird.

• @dominicl said: Think I got it now, they have 2 sign up forms and one of them works. Weird.

You should also try different browsers. Sometimes your addons can alter the way websites should work.

• Yeah, did that. One of their forms works, other doesn't :p

• zoho.com's domain email hosting is pretty good and free.

Freedns Hosting - www.DNSbed.com

• Google apps better. When your vps somehow down, you can still receiving email on google apps mail.

• ZenZen Member

Namcheap OX

Serving you the best VPS, Web hosting, dedicated servers and more - Cloud Shards | Query Foundry We operate the network AS62638 | Available in Syd AU and Dallas, Los Angeles and NYC USA