Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost (GVH) VPS clients being sold to Xfuse Solutions
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost (GVH) VPS clients being sold to Xfuse Solutions

LeeLee Veteran
edited February 2015 in Providers

In order to try and contain which will no doubt be a hot topic here is your thread to discuss it rather than another 10 being opened as more information drips out.

Confirmed over at VPSB on this thread.

From the details posted it would seem that the VPS customers are all that is being moved to Xfuse, the GVH "brand" is not and will remain with Jonny.

All existing deals will be honoured for a period of time.

Good luck to @XFS_Duke with it all.

Let's please keep all discussion on the subject in here to save having to maintain multiple threads.

Cheers!

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2015

said: All existing deals will be honoured but for new clients/new services pricing will change.

It makes no sense, new customers will not be with GVH, but for xfuse since the brand remains with jon so it is new customers for xfs, which will, of course, get xfs, not GVH deals.
    As I read it, it basically means XFS gets the stranded customers and tries to honour the existing deals.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2015

I guess the donations got Duke back on his feet so he could buy out the customers. Or was this perhaps a charity takeover with no money in between?

• LeeLee Veteran

Not sure @Maounique, all I know is what you can see being said on the VPSB thread. Dr Mike appears to be involved from consulting/documentation point of view over the sale/transfer.

From that thread:

I'll say the greevaluehost domain, company and namesakes are not being acquired. So GVH will continue to exist to some extent after such deal.

Does seem odd.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Either it's too early in the morning or I'm still drunk - did he just off load off all the vps customers?

~Lee~ said: Not sure

I was only questioning the logic, you said new clients will get XFS prices, of course, since they will be new customers for xfs, not for GVH, so, the mentioning of new customers makes no sense.

• LeeLee Veteran

@AlexanderM said:
    Either it's too early in the morning or I'm still drunk - did he just off load off all the vps customers?

Yeah, seems that way, I have actually changed the title because you made me realise that GVH is not actually being sold, just the VPS customer base.

• Is the Duke who made accident and wanted donations?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited February 2015

Maybe Jon, drunk to much.

• LeeLee Veteran

@BuyAds said:
    Is the Duke who made accident and wanted donations?

Yes.

Thanked by 1BuyAds
  • Well,

Some good news for Duke for sure, but wow... is all I can say..

• Will he honor my 75tb traffic limit?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • just buy some popcorn and watch the drama.

• LeeLee Veteran

Maounique said: I was only questioning the logic

You're right, I had started this thread with the idea that everything was moving including the brand, updated the thread title and comments so as not to confuse.

Thanked by 1angrysnarl
  • @tr1cky said:
    Will he honor my 75tb traffic limit?

With the unmetered downtime?

• Jonny boy must in a bit a debt if he had to sell his current client base....

• @tr1cky said:
    Will he honor my 75tb traffic limit?

Dreamin'

Although if it was stated on your order he might honour it.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2015

We need to wait and see what the official announcement says in due course.

I suspect things like yearly deals will be honoured until their expiry, monthly deals perhaps for a limited time. In particular the ridiculous things like 75TB traffic limits will be removed.

Duke appears far too sensible to maintain product lines we all know can't possibly work.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • ehabehab Member
    edited February 2015

the taker must need the clients and can handle doing all the laundry i guess.

• Im client at GVH and my service will be ended on August 2015.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Don't forget that the man who made this deal possible is drmike, known here on LET as pubcrawler, the man who set it his mission to dig up shit about CC.
    Now he secretly has helped "Nuggets" for a long time and has been the one being in contact with potential buyers.

My mind is full of thoughts about this deal. Is there a hidden agenda? Why did drmike help out with this since he in the beginning has called "Nuggets" a CC sock puppet.

In my paranoid head he has some unclear reason for doing this.

mikho said: drmike

I like the guy, he is full of good intentions, unfortunately, like in that saying about god giving you the power to accept the things you cant change, to change the ones you can and the wisdom to make the difference, he didnt get the last one.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • LeeLee Veteran

If I was to do some guess work.

GVH has finally reached the tipping point where their VPS offers have created a largely soiled and unprofitable customer base that is no longer maintainable by him. Either from a support or financial viewpoint.

Jonny won't admit this and rather than lose face, the answer is to cut all the VPS clients loose and sell them to someone else. Which he has now done.

This allows him to keep the GVH brand and any existing services that it has.

Jonny will appear in the weeks to come with a fresh start, no mistakes this time "Welcome to the new improved VPS offers from GVH".

The only thing that could prevent that is a contract stating he will stay out of the VPS market for at least a minimum period. Whether that exists or not I don't know.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • ~Lee~ said: The only thing that could prevent that is a contract stating he will stay out of the VPS market for at least a minimum period. Whether that exists or not I don't know.

That would also depend on if it names Jonny or the GVH brand. Plus knowing Jonny he would probably make a new brand to circumvent the contract.

Thanked by 1mikho
  • Well, this is a very different kind of GVH thread. Quite surprising, actually.

Thanked by 2netomx GoodHosting
  • Saturday banter.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • I hope he'll honor my vps reseller account which I don't pay for anymore with linux iso's

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

calling bullshit.

Guy could not pay his medical bills why would he buy a company, more likely story is that CC (or connected company) bought XFS because GVH is failing so much now, then sold GVH customers to XFS for a penny so that GVH can try again and to have a once reputable host as a new puppet.

That's what I think, could be wrong.

• @AnthonySmith - you mean like a good bank, bad bank, kind of thing. You are probably right