Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Phone Verification WHMCS Module
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Phone Verification WHMCS Module

rskrsk Member, Patron Provider
edited February 2015 in Offers

Hello,

I would like to share a module that we have developed in house, but has the ability to be used by many providers to help weed out fraudsters and verify your client base.

We needed a module to help verify phone numbers after maxmind decided to stop this service and the other service providers requiring a minimum of $100 per month just to verify phone numbers. This was just not possible for a small/budget hosting company.

There were a lot of solutions out there, that were literally stuck with tape. Any WHMCS update to the template files, would mean your whole solution would stop working or even to the point where everything is lost. Hence, there are 'zero template changes' required in the module - not a single file is dependent on the templates you use.

The module it self costs a mere $10 as a one time fee, and you get unlimited support and free upgrades and updates forever.

Read More | Order

Features

Admin Side

View current unverified accounts

View current verified accounts

Search for accounts in the system

Verify accounts manually from admin panel

Unverify accounts manually from admin panel

Reset amount of verification attempts

Customize the SMS greeting/beginning message

Customize the SMS thankyou/ending message

& more!

Client Side

Simple self service verification process

Two verification attempts per customer

Ability to self place the verification code

Proper error messages that guide and not mislead

FAQ
Q: Will this module require old/current clients to verify their accounts?
A: No! This is the beauty of the module. It will not trouble your old/current clients! Only clients' who are new and place new orders will be verified.

Q: What if a potential customer signs up, but does not order a product or a service?
A: The system is smart, and will try to save you some money. It will send out a verification SMS, and guides the customer through the verification process only if they add a product and checkout!

Q: Is this module really purchasable for a one time fee? No recurring or hidden prices?
A: This is absolutely correct! A one time payment grants you a license key, which you can use on your WHMCS when you install the module - the one time payment also includes unlimited free updates and support! No hidden or recurring fees.

Q: Why Twilio as the SMS Gateway?
A: There is cheap price, or guaranteed delivery - but never both. After a lot of study and research, we found that Twilio offers competitive SMS rates and a delivery guarantee system!

Q: Will fraudsters be able to manipulate the system?
A: There is a maximum of 2 verification attempts per phone number, if the customer goes through two SMS deliveries, and still not verified his/her account - the system will lock the automatic verification process and ask him/her to open a ticket on your system. Also, previous numbers (duplicates) are not allowed to verify their accounts.

Client Side Screenshots:

Main Page

Enter Verification Code

Success Page

Wrong Verification Code

Used All Attempts

Duplicate Number

Thanked by 2rds100 VPNsh

Comments

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

(Y) Kudos.

• Yeah, we ended coding our own solution, though it uses a template change to hook to the verification page. Without template changes it would be easier to maintain between WHMCS versions.

Which 3rd party service do you use for sending the messages?

• adxnadxn Member, Host Rep

I can't access the site. Is it down?

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@rd100 we decided to go for Twilio .. competitive rates and really good delivery system.

@adxn said:
    I can't access the site. Is it down?

works fine here :S

• adxnadxn Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2015

rsk said: works fine here :S

Takes a lot of time to load ( Still Loading.. )

And

Hope u can fix this as I really need something like this.

• It seems to be up/down, it loads a bit of the page and then stops or indefinitely loads but I'm interested in this, as I use a different solution currently.

• Knowing LET... Probably a DDoS... :(

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited February 2015

rsk said:

@rd100 we decided to go for Twilio .. competitive rates and really good delivery system.

Yes, i checked them but they required registering a phone number and it didn't work (tried registering a number from our country and it just kept searching and searching and never completed). So we ended using Nexmo. The good thing about Nexmo is that they also have text-to-speech API, so we also offer call / voice verification in addition to SMS. Not everyone has a cell phone.

• yes your page is down ....

• @rsk can you customise this module with clickatel.com ????

rds100 said: Yes, i checked them but they required registering a phone number and it didn't work (tried registering a number from our country and it just kept searching and searching and never completed). So we ended using Nexmo. The good thing about Nexmo is that they also have text-to-speech API, so we also offer call / voice verification in addition to SMS. Not everyone has a cell phone.

Voice will be added in v2 of the script :-)

@cociu said:
    rsk can you customise this module with clickatel.com ????

Probably, but I don't think it will be included with the $10 price. Sorry.

TheLonely said: Knowing LET... Probably a DDoS... :(

Correct.

• Seems your site is under DDOS? Am I right?

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2015

Seems interesting, I will try when your websites comes back.

The script is encoded?

jmginer said: Seems interesting, I will try when your websites comes back.

The script is encoded?

Yes, as we are licensing the modules that we will be creating from now on. I know it goes against what I always believed. I was going to release it as donation ware and unencoded, but I am pretty sure there will be more non donating users than donating ones, and that will stall development.

Thanked by 1Prestige
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

rsk said: I was going to release it as donation ware and unencoded, but I am pretty sure there will be more non donating users than donating ones, and that will stall development.

No, you just won't make as much money. Whether it stalls is up to you.

Of course there will be more non-donating that donating. That's how the world works.

If you want to sell it as commercial software, no problem, do that, it's your right. But it's better to just be open about your intentions rather than backpeddling from nobility.

raindog308 said: If you want to sell it as commercial software, no problem, do that, it's your right. But it's better to just be open about your intentions rather than backpeddling from nobility.

I do not mean to be an ass, that was never my intention. The time it takes to develop a descent module and testing is a lot.

If it was a simple hook, I'd provide it for free. If it was a simple module, I'd also be giving it out for free. To keep the quality going and to keep developing it, it will just be impossible.

Hence, a price tag was needed, albeit a low one, which includes free lifetime updates and upgrades :-)

jmginer said: Seems interesting, I will try when your websites comes back.

We are back online :)

• mycloudmycloud Member
    edited February 2015

How much for decoded version? I want to use another provider instead of Twilio.

@mycloud said:
    How much for decoded version? I want to use another provider instead of Twilio.

clickatell?

edited February 2015

rds100 said: The good thing about Nexmo is that they also have text-to-speech API, so we also offer call / voice verification in addition to SMS. Not everyone has a cell phone.

v2 has been released and tested. Voice call is also an option to verify accounts now for people without a cell phone :-)

• mycloudmycloud Member
    edited February 2015

@rsk said:

No. A local provider.