Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where is easevps ? Nobody reply tickets. Already one day. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where is easevps ? Nobody reply tickets. Already one day.

Comments

• I'm glad I got out early..Hew...

• Should be all resolved and cleared up now, I just upgraded to a Shared Gbit uplink, then if a node is having a Inbound attack, then atleast I can login to the switch.

@Taylor said: Its happening again, 80-90 percent package loss and your website is down.

Touché...

@LAKid said: I'm glad I got out early..Hew...

• @Jacob said: Should be all resolved and cleared up now, I just upgraded to a Shared Gbit uplink, then if a node is having a Inbound attack, then atleast I can login to the switch.

>

@Jacob Does this mean I can burst upto the full Gbit now? :P

• JacobJacob Member
    edited August 2012

Not untill I get a Layer 3 switch with all ports 10/100/1000Mbit capable.

@Taylor said: @Jacob Does this mean I can burst upto the full Gbit now? :P

• GaryGary Member

@Jack said: Not for the UK :)

Nah, Scottish kids are back in school.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Gary said: Nah, Scottish kids are back in school.

That's rubbish! If I was in Scotland I'd have to go to school on my birthday. Right now I get the day off as part of my summer holiday (31st August).

• GaryGary Member

Well they start the summer holidays earlier than the English, so it's not as if they get shorter holidays up here. I'm not sure exactly why the holidays are different dates. So as not to overwhelm holiday hotspots? Or so the entire British workforce doesn't all go on holiday at once? Or maybe due to the colder weather/earlier sunsets up here?

• It's been up and down since all last night, Since I am limited on the things I can do my best bet currently is just to determine which node it is and experimenting.

I will get this sorted out now.

• I have just been chatting with Jacob via the EaseVPS website. He doesnt believe the problems will be resolved within the next 12 hours :-(

• @Jacob said: It's been up and down since all last night, Since I am limited on the things I can do my best bet currently is just to determine which node it is and experimenting.

Just nullroute the damn IP. Unless you can't tell which IP is getting hit...

• he will have to request ip nullroute upstream. You should easily see what IP gets attacked with the graphs and/or tcpdump

• JacobJacob Member
    edited August 2012

It's all cleared up now, atleast on UK1 and UK3 clients should be back online, UK2 however is powered off and I will get that online within the next couple of hours.

For 10 minutes or so it hit the BurstNET Router, main cabinet switch offline.
    10 xe1-01.gwy01.mnuk01.hostnoc.eu (178.238.128.1) 25.386 ms 25.316 ms 25.255 ms
    11 vl0203.1b0107.mnuk01.hostnoc.eu (178.238.128.10) 26.449 ms 26.613 ms 26.491 ms

Them two routes was dropped offline for 10 or so Minutes.

http://i.imgur.com/IWhuk.png

Things are slowly calming down.

Edit: I spoke to soon, fml.

• @Jack said: If burst is acting as hit nexthop/gateway, then no problem. But, if Jacob has a proper switch setup (burst has a /29 routing to his WAN and static routes him his /24 or whatever), then it's still going to be sitting at his switch pounding sand up his ass

Im sure if Jacob would ask burstnet to bgp nullroute x.x.x.x (The IP getting Hit) im sure they would no problem.

• What are the requirements for auto null route?

• and using vyetta :P

• Having your own bgp

• Switch with routing capabilities, pr vyatta like @apollo15 said.

Reason I went bed early, was to get a early start at 8AM, I am going to phone BurstNET again and a technician should be coming to upgrade the network today.

• Someone is determined...
    605Mbps
    1.87Gbps
    41.5Mpps
    1.44Mpps

• @Jack Ignored the two below, they are some malformed speeds.
    But it is slowing down to around 220K PPS now after being on the phone with steve @ burstnet, We found the IP Address, I did nullroute it locally on the node about 2 hours ago but packets are still going through so he is going to nullroute it.

@Jacob said: 1.87Gbps

41.5Mpps

• So, whats the latest update. I dont see any updates on Twitter (last updated 13h ago), my.easevps.com is down again and easestatus.com shows UK1 and UK2 as both down

• Ok, It is all back online and good guys, The switch port has been upgraded! :-)

• @Jacob said: Ok, It is all back online and good guys, The switch port has been upgraded! :-)

why work with Burtnet? you will never know when they will pull the trigger on you :o

• @Randy said: why work with Burtnet? you will never know when they will pull the trigger on you :o

>

Why go with people like your self, you never know when they will call it quits.

Thanked by 3Randy Gary gsrdgrdghd
  • @Taylor said: Why go with people like your self, you never know when they will call it quits.

Well at least they have gotten a refund? at least i cared to refund so, fair enough.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • Explanation email has been sent out, Compensation is not available, as attacks are unpreventable and is not a direct fault on our end.

• TaylorTaylor Member
    edited August 2012

I'm a big fast blind man.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited August 2012

Zen posted "edited"

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

I agree with @Zen ;) He did a good job considering he was/is on holiday.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited August 2012

Looks like the Gbit port is bursting at 306Mbps, Probably goes more.
    http://i.imgur.com/iQ6kv.png

Also anyone who asks me can have a free upgrade to 1Gbit next week, I am upgrading the switch, Layer 3 2 x 24 1000Mbit Stacked.

Thanked by 1Zen
  • Well, both UK1 and UK2 have been down for the past 40 mins or so. Cannot login to the portal to raise a ticket so will try here and have already used the twitter route