Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Control Panel Poll
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The Control Panel Poll

Ok, so.. i have been installing every Control panel under the sun, and have found many benefits.. of.. lets just say MOST of them.

Some are completely useless in my opinion, others have been quite good.

So, this is what i'm thinking.. I shall put a Poll here, for users to vote for what MAINSTREAM Panel they like best (no custom panels that aren't available for public use)

VPS Control Panels
  1. What Panel do you Prefer46 votes
    1. SolusVM
      43.48%
    2. Virtualizor
      30.43%
    3. Feathur
      10.87%
    4. HostGuard
        2.17%
    5. Interworx
        4.35%
    6. OVZ Web Panel
        4.35%
    7. Other (Please specify)
        4.35%
  2. Would you like your Provider to change from -> to46 votes
    1. Yes
      54.35%
    2. No
      45.65%

Comments

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    NanoCP

Lol xD

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2015

I honestly can say that I don't really care about what panel the provider is using.
    It should be user-friendly, have the features that I need to use to be able to control my server.

Things like (only naming a few, theres more):

• console access
    • change rDNS
    • change hostname (or save the changes made inside the host)
    • bandwidth usage
    • reinstall OS
  • Hostguard had so much potential, but it just flopped in the end... Virtualizor is a good option.

• Can't click both but SolusVM and InterWorx, never looked back from InterWorx when I started to use it because of a mate, and SolusVM is easier and getting better.

• I honestly can say that I don't really care about what panel the provider is using.

^ This.

And control panel is not something I frequently use, probably only on the initial setup and if any issue on the VPS. Rather than following mainstream panel, providers should pick one that is secure and comfortable for them to manage/maintain.

• mikho said: It should be user-friendly, have the features that I need to use to be able to control my server.

This.

More important is the provider, whatever panel he uses, to have plenty of images to chose from, available options like tun/tap, rdns etc., properly configured console access (there are plenty of providers that I cannot open java console due to broken config even with me having the most updated java client), detailed statistics etc.

As of first view, I would say nowdays virtualizor is better looking than solus and feathure, despite the problematic funcionality I saw to a couple of providers use it (not all) is also very good in view.

• Use anything, just give us A) direct access to the VNC console (port and IP) or B) anything but the Java console. I haven't seen any provider that correct signs the applet (disabled by default under Java 1.8 if the certificate is wrong). I hate having to open the webpage source to find the connection settings because the Java client don't work.

• Makkesk8Makkesk8 Member
    edited February 2015

centos-webpanel
    VestaCP
    Ajenti
    Webuzo

All very very good, been having great experience with them.

• Love InterWorx.

• I'm confused. Interworx being compared to solus and virtulizer? the version I use is more like cpanel.