Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Goodhosting.co going to deadpool? (or, at least, he is acting to his clients like he will)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is Goodhosting.co going to deadpool? (or, at least, he is acting to his clients like he will)

jvnadrjvnadr Member
edited February 2015 in General

I usually do not want to bash providers. I know that in a low price ragne, companies are one-man-show and I expect downtimes, misunderstandings, slow responce, etc.

But this case is not like that. Damon Blais, the owner of Goodhosting.co is active giving advices here in LET, commenting in other providers threads or issues, bit is unwilling not only to resolve the serious issues his clients have with his service but even answer properly or answer at all to the opened tickets. And this is not the first time, he is doing it from time to time with childish excuses (e.g. I was for days on vacations in a land that no internet or mobile phone can reach etc.).

My case:

I had a non-good first impression from GoodHosting.co earlier in the summer. Things did not go well, Damon give some excuses and I wanted to try him again as a second chance.
So, in September I signed for a small yearly that he advertised in LET.
I received a ticket saying that my service was autoprovisioned, althought, it didn't.

I opened a ticket saying that I did not receive the details of my server and got a responce saying that "deployments are handled manually, your VPS could take up to 72 hours to be initially provisioned".

Note: Why does he send ticket claiming that service is auto provisioned if he will do it manually? First fault!

Then I received the details about login to opennebula panel, that I will use after the 72 hours of provisioning the server. I was kinda polite and replied them.

I tried for the next 2 days to login to opennebula panel, but I couldn't. I thought, OK, I have to wait 3 days to complete the activation, as said to the first reply, so, I didn;t want to bash their helpdesk with more tickets or replies.

Then, I forgot that my service even existed. (I used another vps for the job I was willing to do with Goodhosting and I forgot completely to look if the yearly service I paid was activated).

Last week, I wanted to use a new server and I remembered (looked my active list I have) that I have a yearly service with GoodHosting. I tried to login to opennebula panel, but my account is still not exist.
So, I opened a ticket on Feb 13th saying_ "I have never used your service since I bought it. Alhtough I opened a ticket some time ago, you said that you will provide me the vps but you did't. I totally forgot even that it existed, but now that I needed it, I cannot even log in to panel ( Invalid username or password to the address https://one.metricloud.com/). Will you provide me a server or not?"._
At this moment, still do not have any answer.

I also send a pm here in LET to @GoodHostind with this message: "I opened a ticket (CWG-9190-PYG) because I just noticed thatr since September (!) you never provisioned my account on opennebula (I had an email with login details but it never worked, saying that the username or password are invalid!). I opened a ticket then, you told me to wait and them, I forgot that the account even existed. But now, searching my database of active providers, I realised I have a box and I want to use it. Please, see the ticket and give me the account. I would like also to extend the account because it was never provisioned till now. Account name in Good Hosting is [email protected], in opennebula (according to the email sent by you) is jvnadr (but it is not working)."

Till now, no answer.

Damon is login daily to LET and he posted lot of comments in various threads. He seem to don't mind to answer to ticket or at least drop me a pm with a word...

This attitude is making me think that either is going to deadpool soon, or -even worse- he do not give a damn about his clients, after they pay for service. Either way, it is a poor business practice and I just wanted to warn potential byers to have in mind my experience with him.

Screen shots from tickets are following

Thanked by 2Blanoz namhuy

Comments

• wychwych Member
    edited February 2015

I also send a pm here in LET to @GoodHostind

@GoodHosting are you around?

• wych said: @GoodHosting are you around?

Whoops, typo in tagging! Thanks, @wych

• If by deadpool you mean drowning in a swimming pool during one of his "holidays" then yes, yes he will... one day.
    (tis joke, no rage)

• @jvnadr said:
    Whoops, typo in tagging! Thanks, wych

No problem :)

• @jvnadr I think you're justified in this one. I've noticed him being active while seeing complaints everywhere as well. Good, detailed complaint.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited February 2015

Rhys_quadex said: Thanked by 5Mark_R ATHK ehab GoodHosting namhuy

The guy is unbelievable! He thanked the joke @Rhys_quadex did, but he didn't answer to what I claim about his service! Wow!

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2015

I have called this out before where threads appear about his service here and he comments on other threads instead of one about him.

What can you do though, it is what it is and as always do your research. Don't give providers a "chance" when so many before have done that.

The sooner people stop giving business to providers offering a sub standard service the sooner they will go away.

I am directing that at all providers.

That aside the fact he never provisioned the service but liked a post hours ago above says all you need to know

Thanked by 4jvnadr netomx Dylan raidz
  • jvnadr: I had a non-good first impression from GoodHosting.co earlier in the summer.

Thanked by 2raindog308 Pwner
  • GoodHosting is very strange. I tried to purchase from him, but he stopped responding. I tried to give him money, and he wouldn't even tell me how to pay him. I gave up after about a week.

Thanked by 2shrubbles doughmanes
  • Seems like this is just a hobby/side-project of his.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited February 2015

@W1V_Lee I usually do not give providers "chances", I try a lot of them to decide myself if they are worth it or not. And I do not ever "cry my money", just move forward (for my critical services I chose reputable providers).

In this case, I saw a guy that in some point received some (as seemed) unfair attacks. I couldn't decide if he is good or not. So, I wanted to try myself his company. There was a misunderstanding at the beggining, and wanted (I do not know the reason!) to give a second chance to create my own opinion. Well, now I have a solid rock one!

Some times, I have false opinion in the start and then providers are much more good than I thought in the beginning. I have an example of mchphil he acted like crazy to some of his cliens with rude responses here and I had a little "battle" with him in a couple of threads. But I saw some very good reviews for his services, so, I wantet to try him and realised that he offers a fantastic service and in fact he is normally a nice guy!

The other side of the coin, on my willing to give a chance to people!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I can't really comment on his service and your concerns seem quite legitimate. I will say though that he seems to really know his stuff, far beyond that of a summer host. So here's to an interesting thread. I'm sure he'll respond.

Thanked by 1GoodHosting
  • People are rather polite/calm in these threads (I stopped counting after 5) and he just shits on them. :/

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@4n0nx Usually you better are polite, in these cases it could be also your fault, so you would fuck yourself up otherwise. But if they are cleary scamming you, you could be a little bitch. When you have proof that they did so.

• LeeLee Veteran

@Jar said:
    I will say though that he seems to really know his stuff, far beyond that of a summer host.

Again like I have said often. You can be a great tech but a shit salesman or a great salesman and a shit tech. He appears to be the former although the latter tends to make more money. Finding someone balanced at both is rare as good technical people tend to be introverts.

• Jar said: I can't really comment on his service and your concerns seem quite legitimate. I will say though that he seems to really know his stuff, far beyond that of a summer host

I really think, too, that he is not a summer host, at least to the point of knowledge about the vps industry. But knowledge cannot always save people's companies if they do not know how to run one and/or behave to clients - potential clients

• I also think that he should probably focus on the tech side of things and hire or partner with someone to do the busyness side of things for him.

• PremiumNPremiumN Member
    edited February 2015

GoodHosting always seemed somewhat weird to me. He's a good guy, but goes on holiday too much. His staff on the other hand (i dont believe he has staff) doesn't seem to have access to anything either.

Thanked by 1shrubbles
  • From where I sit, GoodHosting (sic!) has already deadpooled: no access to VM, no access to CP, no reply to tickets for weeks and no refund that I requested. Time for a PayPal dispute, I think.

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • And he didn't even bother to comment on this issue.

Thanked by 24n0nx aglodek
  • TheKiller said: And he didn't even bother to comment on this issue.

Just say 'jump'...

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

In the past I stood up for them because they seemed like an honest operation and one of the good guys in this hosting segment (LEBs), I guess I was wrong and I hate being wrong about these kinds of things. :(

Thanked by 2aglodek Mitchell
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@PremiumN said:
    GoodHosting always seemed somewhat weird to me. He's a good guy, but goes on holiday too much. His staff on the other hand (i dont believe he has staff) doesn't seem to have access to anything either.

Yeah. Though "24x7x365 Human Technical Support" on his front page...

• @KuJoe said:
    In the past I stood up for them because they seemed like an honest operation and one of the good guys in this hosting segment (LEBs), I guess I was wrong and I hate being wrong about these kinds of things. :(

It's definitely starting to look that way, I was the same as you.

I got treated very well when I signed up and my service is still going with no downtime at almost 8 months now.. The server is great but it seems that poor support is the real issue here, for most people anyway..

• @ATHK why do you need support if your service is still going with no downtime at almost 8 months?

• @comXyz said:
    ATHK why do you need support if your service is still going with no downtime at almost 8 months?

I never said I did?

for most people anyway..

• the goodhosting had a big problem of communication with their clients.
    I had bought their vps,but not open my account after 20 days.

• It's national 'abuse the free healthcare' week in Canada this week, give the guy a break. He's probably severed a limb or something to make sure he gets his money's worth.

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited February 2015

If we reply:

• People will complain.

If we don't reply:

• People will complain.

Great place we've got here.

As per the @OP, I'll deal with your issue over the Support Ticket created.

We have a Twitter, since everyone here begged for it.

https://twitter.com/GoodHostingCo

• NumaPlay said: I tried to give him money, and he wouldn't even tell me how to pay him.

Autistic / Aspergers?

This discussion has been closed.