Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best minimal Wordpress caching plugin?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best minimal Wordpress caching plugin?

littleguylittleguy Member
edited August 2012 in General

Most popular caching plugins (WP Super, W3 Total, WP-Cache) have a million different settings, and I always need to sift through all of the before my site actually works as intended.

Quick Cache is decent, but occasionally bugs out and refuses to work.

Is there anything similar to Quick Cache (which provides simple full-page caching without any bells and whistles) that is fully compatible with WP 3.4.1?

Thank you for your time!

Comments

• flyfly Member

you're not gonna get the most out of caching if you don't sift through those "million" settings.

• @littleguy

I like the original Hyper Cache, not Hyper Cache Extended (it's a fork and I've had some RSS issue with it).

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member
    edited August 2012

Quick Cache is good. At least it worked on my several WP installation.
    What problem / bugs did you have with QC? NGINX or Apache?

• gianggiang Veteran
    edited August 2012

@connercg said: I like the original Hyper Cache, not Hyper Cache Extended (it's a fork and I've had some RSS issue with it)

I'm using Hyper Cache on most of Wordpress website I managed, it's really fast and server resources friendly :D

• I tested a fair amount of these and the best results I've had is using WP-SuperCache with Memcache. Lightning fast.

• @connercg said: I like the original Hyper Cache

Thanks for this. Tried Extended but had trouble with it. Will try the original.

@NanoG6 said: Quick Cache is good. At least it worked on my several WP installation.

I use Quick Cache it on a couple production sites. My main problem is I can't get it to work under Windows hosts. (I devel locally on windows machines.)

@serverbear said: WP-SuperCache

Tried it a while ago but couldn't get it to work properly. Will try again, thanks!

• i have installed wp-supercache, but it can't work properly. and i just leave it there.

• @VMVPS said: wp-supercache

Tried it again and remember why I didn't like it - tons of options, out-of-the-box incompatibility with lots of plugins.

@connercg said: the original Hyper Cache

Looks okay, and the speed increase is noticeable for sure. Doesn't beat the simplicity of Quick Cache though.

• W3 total cache? :o

• @budingyun said: W3 total cache?

Really bloated, just like WP-Super Cache.

• bamnbamn Member

Install memcached and the php script that allows it, problem solved.

WP caching plugins are worthless except for if you are on GoDaddy or shared hosting

Thanked by 1klikli
  • bdtechbdtech Member
    edited August 2012

I like w3tc and turn on memcache or apc for page cache. You should be able to just file cache db and objects. Its blazing fast with nginx/php-fpm

• But it's weird that if I enable object caching (disk or apc) then my server is always connecting to google IP on :80 (www). I found that while using iftop command.

• fanfan Veteran

I use W3TC on my blog which hasn't been updated since 2008, with APC caching everything and I see a huge improvement in load time - just for me! xD

• I like Super Cache.

• ztecztec Member

@bdtech said: I like w3tc and turn on memcache or apc for page cache. You should be able to just file cache db and objects. Its blazing fast with nginx/php-fpm

For some reason I cant turn on memcache with w3tc, I have memcached installed though!

• It's not a Wordpress plugin of course, but APC together with nginx/php-fpm did WONDERS for my special setting!

• littleguylittleguy Member
    edited August 2012

@Amitz said: It's not a Wordpress plugin of course, but APC together with nginx/php-fpm did WONDERS for my special setting!

Thanks all for the APC suggestions. I have installed it and everything runs much faster. I've done some rudimentary benchmarking and it seems combining APC with a caching plugin makes wordpress load EVEN FASTER! :D

• Quick Cache. It's very simple and fast.