Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CloudFlare, disable caching
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CloudFlare, disable caching

I am trying to get CloudFlare acting as a proxy on of my domains without caching content. I have the following page rules in place, but CloudFlare is still caching certain objects.

Can anyone shed any light?

Comments

• HyperSpeedHyperSpeed Member
    edited February 2015

There should be a bypass cache option when you edit the settings on that page, under edit rule or add rule.

Thanked by 1J1021
  • Thanked by 1J1021
  • Already enabled.

• It is possible there are some objects still in the cache. Use the "purge cache" to make sure these are removed.

Also, although it should not be needed to say... I understand you're doing hard refreshes to bypass your browser's cache, right? Not just F5...

Thanked by 1J1021
  • Traffic said: Also, although it should not be needed to say... I understand you're doing hard refreshes to bypass your browser's cache, right? Not just F5...

I'm checking the headers. "CF-cache-status", watching some things go from "miss" to "hit", where CloudFlare is caching.

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited February 2015

@kcaj said:
    I'm checking the headers. "CF-cache-status", watching some things go from "miss" to "hit", where CloudFlare is caching.

That doesn't mean you are doing or not hard refreshes, even if you're not using a browser and have caching disabled.

Have you checked the cache headers your server sends to CloudFlare?

Thanked by 1J1021
  • luissousaluissousa Member
    edited February 2015

You should use:

kcaj.me/*
    *.kcaj.me/*

You forgot the last * in the second rule

Thanked by 2J1021 Dylan
  • J1021J1021 Member
    edited February 2015

luissousa said: You should use:

kcaj.me/

*.kcaj.me/

You forgot the last * in the second rule

kcaj.me/*
    *.kcaj.me/*

This seems to have done the trick. Thank you for your input.

• while talking about cloudflare, is there anything we should turn off that impacts seo?

• @kcaj said:
    This seems to have done the trick. Thank you for your input.

Yeah, that's what I wanted to write, but my answer was badly formated