Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndTalk on IRC
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndTalk on IRC

BernardoBernardo Member
edited August 2011 in General

I know this was discussed already on the old v2 lowendtalk but i don't remember any conclusion on the topic.

I'm an active IRC user in different networks thats why i'm asking about it, i really think it could be not only fun but also informative to have one channel in a IRC network for lowendtalk. ( Official or un-official since i heard that sometime before it existed and it run into troubles )

I know there will be some negative comments regarding this due to "IRC" but it can also be an awesome resource.

Give your opinions about it.

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Honestly a good hunk of users from LET hang out on the #frantech channel and we talk about everything, not just FT business.

I know @mitgib trolls the channel daily as well as quite a few other owners/regulars.

Francisco

• @Francisco What is the network address?

• irc.frantech.ca #frantech

• [19:38:40] <status> Attempting to connect to [irc.frantech.ca +6697] ...
    [19:38:41] <
    status> Connected!

Done :D

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Like Fran said, most people from LEB hang out on his channel, but I still think it would be cool to have an official LEB mIRC channel.... what does everyone else think?

• tommytommy Member
    edited August 2011

Chris,
    I think it should IRC channel not mIRC Channel, (mIRC is IRC Client)

• officially it is #lowendbox on freenode but not a lot hangs out in there

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@tommy, sorry you are right :-p

• Haha. I think I've only been to the frantech IRC channel once, and have been to the "official" LowEndBox IRC channel at FreeNode exactly zero times :P I am someone else on FreeNode & got lazy to set up a different nick to use the IRC there. Neither am I a big IRC user anyway.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Every time I go to login to the Frantech IRC their website never loads for me. I think it's because I am using my home VPN to connect to it and, like most websites, it times out. :(

Try the mibbit link at the top of our site, the 'chat' link on our contact page is broken :(

Francisco

I would if I could get to your site. :(

• Francisco said: the 'chat' link on our contact page is broken

FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT. (i.e. Link to mibbit.) :p

• Just worked for me. Scary actualy considering what I'm running. Drops it to the unknwon menu and then after a few seconds reloads to the correct chat room.

• Francisco said: Try the mibbit link at the top of our site, the 'chat' link on our contact page is broken :(

Yes, Francisco, please fix it! This is (one of) the reason(s) you appear not so friendly for newcomers (as I am).

I'll fix the URL tonight ;)

@drmike - check out either xchat or mirc if you want to stay on IRC using way less RAM than a browser. :)

Thanks guys for the interest,

Francisco

• Francisco said: @drmike - check out either xchat or mirc if you want to stay on IRC using way less RAM than a browser. :)

If you run your own network, have you tried qwebirc? It's pretty nice.

• Francisco said: I'll fix the URL tonight ;)

"http://frantech.ca/contactus.php" > Still shows the old one and it's the 13th now. ;)

• Why not just use the IRC quotations?

Is there an IRC channel that's SFW?

• I guess they could just use Mibbit.

I meant an IRC channel. I was hoping Frantech's would be a more professional channel but it appears to be a more FFA-type channel.

You should wait for Racist Routy Wednesdays in #frantech, they're ******** tastic.

:D

Francisco

• Don't forget Trudy's Tits Tuesday.

(I'm actually making that up but what the hey...)

• I just started an IRC channel for VPS discussion and etc. Feel free to join, irc.geekscorner.net#vpstalk or #lowendtalk

• Joined in! Hopefully other members join in as well :)

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

Is this information still valid? Updated information would be nice to have!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

10/10 Would necro again

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

lol opening 2011 thread

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

Yeah, figured I'd use the search option once and seek an update on a somewhat official thread.