Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[EU] Colocation Request
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[EU] Colocation Request

AutoSnipeAutoSnipe Member
edited February 2015 in Requests

Well,

First of all.. let me start by saying this.

Currently one of my servers are on it's way to a DC in The Netherlands to be colocated there, Although there has been quite a screw around with the IP's from Day one, first with quotation rising nearly 100 euro in a day or two. (more then likely found it wasn't viable to offer them so cheap) to then me organising an IP Subnet to rent to announce there (with their ad mentioning that there was Free Announcement of IP Space) This is very much not the case, They are trying to charge me €200 as a Yearly Fee as well as € 200 Setup fee (since it takes 2 Hours for them to Announce the IP's)

So, I just want to know does anyone have any Ideas for some Decent Providers in/around The Netherlands at a Decent rate for Colocation.

Servers Specs are Below.

Full Size 19" 1U SM Server
Dual L5520
24GB Ram
2x500GB HDD
2x2TB HDD
IPMI
all that jazz. 

I Can bring an IPv4 + IPv6 Subnet over with me, but i'm not willing to pay a massive amount of fees to do so. (considering advertising was as "free" with this host)

Price: of course, Cheap...ish

Regards,
Ryan B

Comments

• Whats the ACTUAL power requirement and in-rush current on this server?

• PLEASE HELP RYAN. HE WILL RECEIVE MUCH ABUSE IF HE DOESN'T GET A GOOD DEAL :P

• @TinyTunnel_Tom here ???? this is for news !!!

• @MarkTurner - I'm not currently sure, The Server has been purchased. And was on the way to the DC when they sprung this news on me.

But i would say it would be the Average Usage for an L Series, Probably between 1.5-2A

• What make/model is it?

• @AutoSnipe Romania ?

• @AutoSnipe said:
    MarkTurner - I'm not currently sure, The Server has been purchased. And was on the way to the DC when they sprung this news on me.

But i would say it would be the Average Usage for an L Series, Probably between 1.5-2A

I can do this. In the UK? I can announce your ips for free too...

Just let me know..

• @markturner - Hp proliant se316m1

@cociu romania could work depending on prices etc

@mspnick - will see whats around the rest of europe since i just paid for server and drives to come from europe

@mark_r this post is about them and someone there with multiple racks (that advertise on here so im keeping low key as to not affect their business)

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

WorldStream?

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited February 2015

@AutoSnipe - Budget about 2-2.5A for these (in case you need to factor the in-rush as well).

Serverius could be an option directly but they are not in Amsterdam. Evoswitch, Telecity (they used to do small hosting), PhoenixNAP were renting some space in someone's facility there and renting out by the U.

You need to factor in spare parts of these units, they look like DL160's but they are not the same as. Right now these units are cheap because they are coming out of DC's but they'll go into short supply and then spare parts will be painful.

You'll want to also send a KVM or have access to one on demand, because the ILO on the SE3XXMX series is very basic.

If you get stuck for space, I can help you with this, but PM me to discuss.

• Any others?

• Nforce.

• bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited February 2015

Electricity is often a problem (and not that easy to guess across the ocean).

And, at least for many colos: "size" means HU and depth.
    Reason: Quite a few colos have many racks with a depth of < 100 cm (~ 40") and some even insist that a rack unit is 80 cm deep, which is basically unuseable for many, many common machines. Anyway server depth might be at least a cost factor or, in worst case, a deal breaker.

So, look up the measures of your box.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2015

The formula is power(Watt)=I(Ampere) * U(Volt). In US you have 1 A, that would be Power(Watt)=1A * 120=120 Watt, but I highly doubt that will suffice to power an L5520 unless uniprocessor and even then. I would say at least 2A, which means 240 Watt and have spare to 300 for powering up and all, but 230 would probably be enough even for 2 CPU. This means 1A in EU for 230 Watt and 1.3-1.4 for 300.