Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPN to Server Behind NAT Using Gateway
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPN to Server Behind NAT Using Gateway

We have a server on our corporate network that I want to be able to connect to from outside the network without exposing it publicly to the internet. I was messing around with pwnat but couldn't get it to work.

Ideally I'd like to have a setup where I have Client (NAT) -> VPS <- Server (NAT) which would more or less act like I was on the company LAN. What my IT has setup for me at the moment is using remote desktop to my company desktop and then connecting to the server from there. But that is not a permanent solution.

So my question is: would the best solution to this be to create a public VPN server to act as a gateway that both the client and server would connect to? How can I set this up so that only traffic intended for the corporate server is routed to the VPN and the rest of client traffic is routed from the local internet connection.

Thanks in advance

Comments