Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RIJX closing down, "late refund requests processed partly" [possible transfer to Fevvo, Inc.]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RIJX closing down, "late refund requests processed partly" [possible transfer to Fevvo, Inc.]

sundaymousesundaymouse Member
edited February 2015 in Providers

I am not surprised, as $5 a year plan with 2 IPv4's isn't what I personally consider sustainable.

Here is the mass email:

Good Morning,

I am deeply sorry to say we will be closing down RIJX within the next 5 days due to unfortuante circumstances, please ensure you have made backups immediately upon reading this email. We cannot guarantee the time any of your services or IP addresses will be reachable for any longer than the time stated.

For refunds (remaining duration), please submit a ticket to [email protected] in which you will receive a refund within 45 days. All tickets may not be replied to however please check your PayPal account frequently. If you have a subscription, please make sure it's been cancelled.

Please note we hope to make some of the late refund requests processed partly through sale of hardware, for anyone interested contact us at [email protected]. Some unused hardware has been exchanged already for outstanding debts owed and to ensure we can remain online for a short period.

Thank You

JP. RIJX

Comments

• Just received this email few minutes ago

I bet my balls that none will receive a refund :D

• I hope so, but we'll see. Not that it's going to be a big refund, but still.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2015

They had a good service for a while but yeah, it became apparent that it attracted abuse and after a bit too much downtime I stopped using mine. No big deal, won't be seeking anything in return for my active services. Nice try, didn't work, no hard feelings.

Thanked by 1hostnoob
  • Just to confirm, I just received refund for the remaining period of my service. They may have limited fund to issue refunds, so if you want to get refund, do it quick.

• yywudiyywudi Member
    edited February 2015

I'm really sad to see RIJX closing down. My vps with them has a good uptime and network speed.
    also their support are very nice, quickly and professional.

why not someone acquired them? or even increase the price?

• I would love for Jessica to contact me about this. I do believe i could do something with Rijx that would work.

So if anyone has her Skype let me know.

• I'm sad to see them closing down; my second best (uptime and response time) DNS server was run on a $5/year plan with them. They will be missed.

• Sad to see this.

• I don't care about a refund, I'm just happen we got some kind of advanced warning. Sorry to see them go :(

• @sundaymouse said:
    $5 a year plan with 2 IPv4's isn't what I personally consider sustainable.

This made me think of a Dallas VPS provider which recently popped up...

• Does anyone have Skype or IM contact info for whoever ran Rijx?

Thanked by 1gsrdgrdghd
  • ItsChrisGItsChrisG Member
    edited February 2015

I will pay someone $50 to get me in contact (phone, skype, whatever) with the owner(s) of Rijx

So if anyone has the info ... hit me up asap

• @ItsChrisG - I want the $50, i have information.. use the ticket system :-P

• I did, she replied, but now she stopped.
    I want someone from there to call me, damnit! lol

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited February 2015

I can do it, in fact I already found several contacts. But not for $50 (would not be the price) and not without knowing why you want it. I don't want her to be in trouble.

• ItsChrisGItsChrisG Member
    edited February 2015

@Traffic said:
    I can do it, in fact I already found several contacts. But neither for $50 nor for any cause. I don't want her to be in trouble.

1. I would be helping her out of trouble
    2. If she isnt the owner or someone who can make decisions, then she isnt who I need anyway!
  • She is the owner. At least, legally. I PM'd you, right?

There, Done.. Where's my Fiddy Bucks Chris :-P

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2015

Well, you can just check the public whois information, AS202171 is with [edit: snipped for privacy even though it's public, pm'd]

• @perennate said:

Or you could PM him instead of publishing her details here. The company is closing, people may not be happy with that...

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2015

Traffic said: Or you could PM him instead of publishing her details here. The company is closing, people may not be happy with that...

It is public business information, pretty sure it was on their website until a few hours ago, but I did snip the phone number from post above.

• i think i paid bienially lol.. lesson for myself, never pay something cheap in advance.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2015

@Traffic said:
    She is the owner. At least, legally. I PM'd you, right?

That's interesting. Typically, in LEB history, when a woman runs a VPS provider it means one thing...

That a man runs a VPS provider and lies about being a woman. UGVPS anyone?

It isn't that they can't, it's just that they consistently don't :)

Thanked by 1switsys
  • TrafficTraffic Member
    edited February 2015

@Jar said:
    It isn't that they can't, it's just that they consistently don't :)

Believe me. As per legal documents, she is the owner :)
    Still looking for more information...

Thanked by 1jar
  • Just received the email this morning. Very sad.
    The service is ok but I experienced no downtime and network is superb.
    Hope someone acquire this VPS and continue the business.

• Let yee not giveth up the hope as of yet.

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • PcNyPcNy Member
    edited February 2015

When will be the last day of RIJX service? You know, just in case it's really closed down. So I can know when my hope will expire.

• @PcNy said:
    When will be the last day of RIJX service? You know, just in case it's really closed down. So I can know when my hope will expire.

My VPS is down, their Looking Glass is down, and the node seems to be down as well.

• @PetaByet said:
    My VPS is down, their Looking Glass is down, and the node seems to be down as well.

The LG VPS was taken down on purpose. This is not an outage.
    Nodes should not / will not be going down at any point right now.
    So if a VPS is down, its just a normal support situation.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • Dear Rijx Customers:

This is a follow up email in relation to the notice sent earlier today. Rijx would like to announce that we are currently undergoing a mutual qualification process and evaluation for possible transfer to Fevvo, Inc. At such time, we are retracting our statement of imminent closure and encourage existing clients to obtain a backup of their data (as backups are always best practice to have anyways) but not to make definitive efforts to transition away at this time.

The acquisition would prevent disruption in service and no other aspects of the service would be altered, including your current pricing and already paid-for service periods.

We will continue to be as transparent as possible through this transition period. Updates will be provided, we appreciate your cooperation, understanding, and business.

If you have any questions, you can direct them to me or to Chris at [email protected]

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

I'd say the previous owner(s) of RIJX haven't done a great job managing their business. Nicely done Chris.

Thanked by 1ItsChrisG