Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Abuse report discussion - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Abuse report discussion

Comments

• Have you heard anyone being hacked from my servers? no right?

• @Randy said: if its not clean, all of my users would have been hacked a;ready.

You cant say that. i for one run updates and secure ports anytime i reinstall. That doesnt always mean the template was safe to run as it was.

• upfreakupfreak Member
    edited August 2012

@Randy said: Have you heard anyone being hacked from my servers? no right?

i havent heard of anyone using your servers either. ;) no offense

in the same vein, You are member of LET since may 2012, but giang is here since July 2011. No compaints about him so far. i dont believe he waited 1 year for a $1 server to show his spam skills. ;)

Thanked by 1klikli
  • @peppr said: i havent heard of anyone using your servers either. ;) no offense

that is okay.

Thanked by 1klikli
  • earlearl Member
    edited August 2012

@Randy said: Have you heard anyone being hacked from my servers? no right?

Posting the IP of your solusvm admin is probably not a smart move.. you should remove thehostingsquad.com/abuse3.png

• if they type my solusvm control panel url it shows the IP Address. so its in public already

• @earl said: Posting the IP of your solusvm admin is probably not a smart move.

DDOStanous is busy somewhere.. so he gets this priviledge ;)

Thanked by 1earl
  • gianggiang Veteran

I've checked the IP on all spamlist, no result found. I bet the removal process is really quick nowaday =)

@Randy, would you mind request more detail from your provider? For example: full email header, email source...

Thanked by 1klikli
  • TazTaz Member

Wait, you are actually using McAfee? Damn BRO! That hurts.

Thanked by 1klikli
  • TazTaz Member
    edited August 2012

Double post, sorry.

• AsadAsad Member
    edited August 2012

Gets out Dorittos and sour cream dip.

What? It was left over from work..

• @Randy said: The os is clean, if its not clean, all of my users would have been hacked a;ready.

Rubbish. As per my example, I installed a fresh Windows 2003 SP2 from CD and put it online, it got compromised within a drive home to send spam, and this is just once of the tens of Windows 2003 I installed that year. This isn't a majority number game, a single case is sufficient to prove there's a problem.

A customer has a paying relation with you, unless you have undeniable proof that he's the spammer (eg. sample spam with his website), the fact that he is a CUSTOMER means you should be inclined to work with him first, not defame him publicly the first chance you get.

Furthermore real spammers generally do not interact publicly. They'll do their task quietly, provide fake information and pay with fraudulent funds. Those that do call themselves legal "email marketing companies". The bulk of spam is actually sent from compromised servers/email accounts.

Do the community a favour, just shut up and keep to your offer thread. I think a number of us are feeling irritating by your insensitive postings all over the place, especially in other people's offer threads. Doesn't matter if you're joking or not, if you don't have anything better to say, zip it.

• here is what i have from LSN

http://pastebin.com/M4BrXM7g

actually LSN Systems disabled your IP and i am requested to terminate your service

• @Randy said: here is what i have from LSN

actually LSN Systems disabled your IP and i am requested to terminate your service

Care to explain, what this log proves you?

Thanked by 1giang
  • KenshinKenshin Member
    edited August 2012

Did you actually READ the notice?

The IP address was added as an A record for rx___fast.ru. There's no evidence of spam in there. Basically you can get screwed over by SpamHaus simply by having these people add your IP address to any of their domains.

Does @giang, a public figure in LET with a VPS review site, really look like a spammer to you?

Thanked by 1giang
  • @Randy said: here is what i have from LSN

@Randy congrats on shooting yourself in the foot...

Did you read the Spamhaus report? The mentioned IP was only listed once as an A record... I could easily point a DNS A record at any IP I want.
    I would take that report from Spamhaus to mean that someone may have hacked the clients VPS and maybe I should warn them or check up on them.

Thanked by 1giang
  • LOL. you scared?

grep http://pastebin.com/M4BrXM7g tl,dr

If we find the abuse is re-activated your server may be terminated.

Thanked by 2giang klikli
  • gianggiang Veteran

Then the spammer listed my IP on their A record and I became a abuser :O

• @Randy you are very wrong here and just quickly apologize for this thread. Stop self destructing, it will affect your business.

Thanked by 2TheHackBox giang
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I am really sorry for Randy, I kept away so far, but attacking some other LETer that is having a good record so far with us with no proof and later very inconsistent and vague ones is just not acceptable.
    There might be mistakes, there is inexperience, but it gets more and more of it and you, Randy, can't stop it.
    Talking about poo eating and calling ppl names can, at times, be ignored in the hope you will grow up, but this is a public attack while your service is not spotless and you admitted yourself you do not update your templates, even more, you recommend ppl not to update once they have their VPS.
    Considering the report was real and there was spam from that IP, maybe it was a bit of your fault too, no ?
    I am sad and disappointed, I think you mistook our warm welcome for a blank check. It is something very different. Nobody has a blank check here from my side, not even Chief or liam, we should all be responsible and try not to hurt others at least. Primum non nocere.
    M

• RandyRandy Member
    edited August 2012

There seens to be a loophole in the OS indeed, i am seeing extra users that dose not come with the system.
    i am too sensitive when it comes to abuse reports, due to the fact that i have china customer who abuse the vps almost everyday. so i got reports once in 2 days or maybe once a day at times, this is my fault and i deeply apologize for the drama i have caused on LET, i will be contacting him and resolving this issue with him. and yes, i have already apologize so there is no need__ to add anymore useless comments in reguards to the apology part. ( i have PMed giang and will await for this reply so i can resolve this.)

• gianggiang Veteran

I did reply the PM and to be clear, if you want to talk in the public place (you did that at the first place), then just do it :D

• Yikes, a SBL x_x

• budingyunbudingyun Member
    edited August 2012

@Randy said: There seens to be a loophole in the OS indeed, i am seeing extra users that dose not come with the system.

i am too sensitive when it comes to abuse reports, due to the fact that i have china customer who abuse the vps almost everyday. so i got reports once in 2 days or maybe once a day at times, this is my fault and i deeply apologize for the drama i have caused on LET, i will be contacting him and resolving this issue with him. and yes, i have already apologize so there is no need__ to add anymore useless comments in reguards to the apology part. ( i have PMed giang and will await for this reply so i can resolve this.)

You should resolve this case with him first before posting here. (-_-)

• @budingyun said: You actually should resolve this with him first before posting here. (-_-)

@Randy said: i have already apologize so there is no need__ to add anymore useless comments

• @giang said: I did reply the PM and to be clear, if you want to talk in the public place (you did that at the first place), then just do it :D

i would have to discuss this privately

• Perhaps you should flag/whatever the thread to get replies closed?

Thanked by 1Randy
  • budingyunbudingyun Member
    edited August 2012

@Randy said: @budingyun said: You actually should resolve this with him first before posting here. (-_-)

@Randy said: i have already apologize so there is no need__ to add anymore useless comments

Sorry this thread quiet fast lol. Somehow i slowpoke. :p

• that is why its called Low-End-Talk

• gianggiang Veteran

@ihatetonyy said: Perhaps you should flag/whatever the thread to get replies closed?

I did flag, but not for close, flag mod to remove the screenshot with my information in it, because he violated his own ToS :\

This discussion has been closed.