Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Installing Windows Server 2012 on a Ubuntu Dedicated Server?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Installing Windows Server 2012 on a Ubuntu Dedicated Server?

Hi, I currently have plesk for my website, so is there some kind of product that is preferably free to setup a windows server vps on my ubuntu OVH server?

Thanks.

Comments

• Check KVM virtualization. If you want a web UI for it there is proxmox, if you have a GUI you can install virt-manager.

• @MuZo said:
    Check KVM virtualization. If you want a web UI for it there is proxmox, if you have a GUI you can install virt-manager.

Is there a thing that looks nice like plesk or cpanel?

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Do you need a dedi? If not get a cheaper cloudvps, they come with a free windows licence, and 30 site plesk too.

• @C0mpacss said:
    if you have a GUI you can install virt-manager.

You can use Virt-manager remotely if the other machine (laptop etc) has Linux installed.

• @pbgben said:
    Do you need a dedi? If not get a cheaper cloudvps, they come with a free windows licence, and 30 site plesk too.

I already have a dedicated server, and would never touch a VPS.

I was asking if there is a virtuzzo alternative like proxmox but for ubuntu

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@C0mpass said:

It seems a little unessesery to have a Ubuntu dedi just to virtualize a windows machine.

Is it kimsufi? There are tutorials to install windows straight onto them.