Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rawvps.com & Nodevps.net - Is this my fault?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Rawvps.com & Nodevps.net - Is this my fault?

roflmaoroflmao Member
edited February 2015 in Reviews

Hi guys, first of all, please don't mind if its in wrong section. This is a scam review.

I was looking for cheap windows vps and ended purchasing one at rawvps.com for $6.50 monthly. I never actually used it.

After a week i got the email:

Due to several SPAM abuse complains we suspended your server. Please read TOS.

As i said, i never logged in it and they terminated it. losers
They also operate nodevps.net

Please stay away!

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited February 2015

So your VPS was compromised because you left it on, but unsecured, for a week.

You don't deserve a VPS.

• LeeLee Veteran

I knew you were trouble when I approved your account, but we all make mistakes.

However I am willing to humour you.

Post your support tickets so we can see everything that was said.

• W1V_Lee said: I knew you were trouble when I approved your account, but we all make mistakes.

Yeah, you can always spot who's going to immediately post review from the signup comments.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • Is it just me or is the word "scam" and it's variants being thrown around a lot lately?

• Umcookies said: Is it just me or is the word "scam" and it's variants being thrown around a lot lately?

It's not you. More on more people seem to to think a review like this can be used as a weapon to get their money back.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2015

I amended the title, because I just don't get that warm fuzzy feeling this is going to turn out to match my definition of a scam.

If it does I will change it back and accept it's as yet another failure in addition to approving the OP's membership.

• i am not hoping to get a refund whatsoever, other than bullshit talk, can the owner explain me what was the 'spam' i did?

• W1V_Lee said: If it does I will change it back and accept it's as yet another failure in addition to approving the OP's membership.

What do you reckon, never coming back again anyway? Another post-and-runner.

• @Neiki>; @Nekki said:

So your VPS was compromised because you left it on, but unsecured, for a week.
    You don't deserve a VPS.

For ur information, i own a total 10+ vps from different providers with same password unsecured from months and they are never compromised.

• LeeLee Veteran

@Nekki said:
    What do you reckon, never coming back again anyway? Another post-and-runner.

If it was not I would be the most surprised.

• W1V_Lee said: If it was not I would be the most surprised.

Ah shit.

roflmao said: For ur information, i own a total 10+ vps from different providers with same password unsecured from months and they are never compromised.

Meaningless.

• @Nekki said:
    Meaningless.

First of all ur explanation of deserving a vps was meaningless too!

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2015

@roflmao said:
    Neiki> Nekki said:
    For ur information, i own a total 10+ vps from different providers with same password unsecured from months and they are never compromised.

As you are here, I will give you 30 minutes to post the tickets so we can see this from both sides.

Otherwise tata to you and this thread.

edit

@crossing - just so you see this.

• @W1V_Lee said:
    i am new here, where are u reffering me to post tickets?

• roflmao said: First of all ur explanation of deserving a vps was meaningless too!

It was packed full of meaning. The meaning was that you shouldn't be allowed a VPS if you can't be arsed to secure it. People like you are why it's so easy for arseholes to DDoS sites off the internet/spam is such a problem.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • LeeLee Veteran

@roflmao said:

Either post them right here in this thread or you can send them to me by email and I will post them for you. Send me a message for my email address.

• roflmaoroflmao Member
    edited February 2015

@W1V_Lee said:
    Either post them right here in this thread or you can send them to me by email and I will post them for you. Send me a message for my email address.

I didnt get what are you asking for, btw here is a screenshot of the email i got.
    there was no support tickets as they closed my member account without any warning.
    http://i.imgur.com/I4yITWG.png

• @Roflmao did they even forward you the spam compliants at all or just saying you were spamming?

• @aggressivenetworks said:
    Roflmao did they even forward you the spam compliants at all or just saying you were spamming?

Absolutely NOTHING except the single email. :(

• LeeLee Veteran

Ok, so this is all you have:

I highly doubt they just did this for no reason, so it would be most likely it was compromised. whether you have 10 other VPS running fine with insecure passwords/settings is nothing more than luck to be honest.

All we can do at this stage is wait for some input from the provider. Other than that there is no scam here.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • roflmaoroflmao Member
    edited February 2015

I used a secure password with upper case and special characters of total 12 characters. I don't see any possibillity of compromise. Anyway, thanks for ur time reviewing.

• roflmao said: I used a secure password with upper case and special characters of total 12 characters. I don't see any possibillity of compromise. Anyway, thanks for ur time reviewing.

Did you put anything in place to prevent your password being brute-forced?

• I get the whole suspension thing, but they need to send you proof backing up their claim of spam or whatever abuse report they have received.

Thanked by 2aglodek ATHK
  • @Nekki said:
    Did you put anything in place to prevent your password being brute-forced?

r u saying a password of 2 special, 2 upper, 12 character password vunerable to bruteforce?

• roflmao said: r u saying a password of 2 special, 2 upper, 12 character password vunerable to bruteforce?

Any password is vulnerable to a brute force attack if you have nothing in place to mitigate that type of attack.

• @aggressivenetworks said:
    I get the whole suspension thing, but they need to send you proof backing up their claim of spam or whatever abuse report they have received.
    Thats what is killing me.

Anyway guys, i was just here to warn u, not to start a debate, Thanks everyone for ur time.

• roflmaoroflmao Member
    edited February 2015

@Nekki said:
    Any password is vulnerable to a brute force attack if you have nothing in place to mitigate that type of attack.

Suppose the server is compromised, atleast they should email me what's happening, or atleast explain me what was the spam complains? they just asked me to read TOS. No other emails.

• LeeLee Veteran

@roflmao said:
    Anyway guys, i was just here to warn u, not to start a debate, Thanks everyone for ur time.

It's not that easy, you can;t just come along as a new member who's first post is to shout scam about a provider and just walk way.

For all we know you are just but hurt because you caught doing something you should not have, you have no credibility whatsoever.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited February 2015

roflmao said: Suppose the server is compromised, atleast they should email me what's happening, or atleast explain me what was the spam complains? they just asked me to read TOS. No other emails.

I never commented on the providers conduct, I was commenting on the fact you left an unsecured VPS active (as it turns out, you have multiple unsecured VPS) on the internet with a complete disregard for the impact it could cause.

Having your account closed and terminated without giving you the right of reply is unacceptable, however. Without tickets, we only have your side unfortunately.

Thanked by 1aglodek