Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for something like OVH but with backup.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for something like OVH but with backup.

Hi,

I am looking for a vps/dedi with => 1TB storage, it HAS to has a backup function. I'm currently with Linode and their backup service is excellent. But their storage is very small, soI need to change host.

Anybody got any tips?

Comments

• Online.net provides FTP backup space. 100gb for free, above that it costs some money.

• How much backup space do you need?

• @Nomad said:
    Online.net provides FTP backup space. 100gb for free, above that it costs some money.

How come their servers are so cheap?

• @MarkTurner said:
    How much backup space do you need?

=> 1TB

• @louis_logic
    You should ask that to @bene_online
    But they're a big provider like OVH. So with numbers the prices go down as well since you own everything.

Yeah, @MarkTurner has some sweetstuff but unfortunately they're all in US...

• online.net would be an option. AFAIK they offer 100GB of FTP backup and then you could get something like 2TB HDD with the server itself

• Why not do your own backups.

If we are in a world everyone wants things doing for them then why bare you bothered with servers. Just buy a XC or KS and use that as a backup server if not get a backup VPS which is more logical

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited February 2015

OVH / SYS ds doesn't have backup? wonder when THaT happened?

SYS 100GB backup FREE

OVH 500GB backup FREE

optional paid backup space

• Buy two servers from Hetzner at their server bidding there you get Core i7 2600/3770 with 16/32 GB RAM and 2 x 3 TB disks for so little as €24/mo (no setup fee, no contract). Then you use server #2 as backup for server #1. And you pay around €50/mo for that.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Alternatively, you could buy an OVH server and use our network storage plan, because we're on the OVH network you'll be able to utilize the full speed they offer you OVH>OVH 1Gbits+

1TB for $15~ but you can pay for what you need and grow/shrink later.

• I decided to go with hubic.com, OVHs own backup service. Very affordable and secure, backed up at three datacenters! Thanks for all your answers

• @louis_logic said:
    I decided to go with hubic.com, OVHs own backup service. Very affordable and secure, backed up at three datacenters! Thanks for all your answers

Good choice if you can deal with the 10mbps cap on port speed.

edited February 2015

I've tested this before, there isn't an internal cap...
    http://bencarrington.me/uploads/8O9.png

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

pbgben said: there isn't an internal cap...

There isn't even an "external" cap anymore.

• @rm_ said:

Wow when did that change :O

@rm_ said:

I've never used Hubic externally so couldn't comment.

• Whats your budget. Do you want raw storage space or you want something like R1soft?

• @MarkTurner said:

Are you offering storage space for R1soft (or a VPS with lots of space)???
    (Sorry, hijacking the post?)

• @Umair - There will be an R1Soft offering coming up. We've had customers in beta for a couple of months.

• @louis_logic if you have any question about Online.net let it me know

• @MarkTurner said:
    Umair - There will be an R1Soft offering coming up. We've had customers in beta for a couple of months.

Please add me to the list of "upcoming customers" :) (depending on the offer)

I have been working with an other provider but they are doing some big changes which are causing issues for my plans.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @Umair - PM me your email and I'll make sure you get send the info