Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for DDoS Protected VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for DDoS Protected VPS

Hi,

I'm looking for as many DDoS Protected VPS as possible. looking for any location as we are starting a Project. The DDoS Mitigation can be a couple of Gbps up to 20Gbps. how ever we don't want any offers for anything that is Hosted with OVH as we can just use our own machines. Our main specification is that there is L7 Filtering.

The purpose of this Project is a reverse proxy.

Comments

• You won't find cheap L7 filtering, cheapest option is CF Pro.

• tomsfarmtomsfarm Member
    edited February 2015

@William said:
    You won't find cheap L7 filtering, cheapest option is CF Pro.

I did not list a specific price. the Reverse Proxy is for a Project. why would we use CF Pro when we can build out our own Solution.

Found a Solution for these 3 locations:

Dallas (Psychz)
     Los Angeles (Psychz)
     Seattle (CNServers)

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

We now provide free DDoS filtering up to 40Gbps/6Mpps in our Netherlands location with all VPS plans.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Why no OVH if you don't mind me asking?

• @wych said:
    Why no OVH if you don't mind me asking?

He said it is because they only have L3/L4, no L7 protection with VAC

• Isn't the point of the so called reverse proxy to provide L7 filtering / protection himself? Or he just wants to pass on all requests without ding any L7 filtering himself?

• @wych said:
    Why no OVH if you don't mind me asking?

Don't need anyone to resell us OVH already got machines with them. How ever they are not a provider that we like to use. Given the amount of problems we have had with them.

12 Months ago we had our $500 machines with them loose connectivity causing us to loose a lot of clients. Gone to colocation and never had any issues similar to that.

edited February 2015

@rds100 said:
    Isn't the point of the so called reverse proxy to provide L7 filtering / protection himself? Or he just wants to pass on all requests without ding any L7 filtering himself?

There is various ways that this can be done with Iptables and certain nginx modules. How ever having the Protection at Network Level through deep packet inspection is a lot better and would provide less false positives then simply banning people for having too many requests per second (Rate Limiting).

• @clamhost how do you DPI SSL traffic?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Already have your plans as a option for Europe :)

Thanked by 1jmginer
    edited February 2015

@rds100 said:
    clamhost how do you DPI SSL traffic?

Is that comment some type of bash?

As I said we are looking at providers who do DPI and are capable of filtering out Application Level Floods. DPI would not change with the Protocol. as you are still inspecting the payload.

Looking for options here not to be questioned about anything I write on LET.

• No, i'm not trying to bash. I'm just trying to point the obvious, that if the traffic is encrypted (i.e. SSL) it is hard (impossible) to analyze the payload at the network level. The only way is by running a proxy which decrypts the traffic and can analyze the requests.

• @rds100 said:
    No, i'm not trying to bash. I'm just trying to point the obvious, that if the traffic is encrypted (i.e. SSL) it is hard (impossible) to analyze the payload at the network level. The only way is by running a proxy which decrypts the traffic and can analyze the requests.

OK Thank you for the Information.

Sorry about my comment have to be uptight sometimes :)

• Didn't Oles make a tweet saying they're implementing L7 DDoS mitigation?

• cnservers :) nexhost , spartanhost

if want cheap go spartanhost :) more cheap and great power