Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for cPanel Reseller hosting offers.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for cPanel Reseller hosting offers.

IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
edited February 2015 in Requests

I should be clear that I don't want to move from my current host but I'm essentially being forced to as it's been a problem each month now and I don't have the time to keep chasing up emails.

I want something that just works

I don't sell hosting so I make no money on this and it's for friends/family and my own personal sites that I am working on so as low as possible would be great. I currently pay $18/mo but I don't mind going up a bit.

I want cPanel, I won't even consider a different panel simply for compatibility sake.
We send about 1-2 emails a day currently so we're not a spam user and I am willing to share the sites I am hosting to potential hosts for us. I would be purchasing a VPS and doing this myself ideally but I don't have the time or all the knowledge required to professionally secure a server but if you want to provide a VPS with cPanel instead of space on your reseller that would be good too but I'd need assistance in doing stuff.

Sorry for the long winded post but I'll get to the specs now.

I want between 50-100GB of diskspace, preferrably SSD or SSD cached but if not, I may still be interested (I use around 25gb roughly)

Bandwidth wise we don't really use much my current usage I'd say is around 30gb/mo in total but if we could have 500GB-1TB or more that'd be perfect.

Backups, backups, backups! I need backups to be done by the host and ideally daily backups that are kept for 7-14 days would be amazing.

I run an SSL on one of the sites so I might need a dedicated IP or two, again I hope two can be included in the package.

I NEED GMP to be enabled for one of my sites to work.

Location preferences? Don't really have any USA wise, EU wise UK/NL/FR/GER are fine. USA I'm pretty much open so long as it's got great connectivity. Canada is also okay.

Support wise? So long as nothing goes drastically wrong you won't hear from me much.

I would prefer some DDoS protection simply because it's always a risk in the hosting business.

Thanks in advance for all the helpful posts that I know I'll get.

Comments

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited February 2015

https://lowendtest.linuxthefish.net/discussion/39803/reseller-hosting-with-cpanel-softaculous-and-cloudflare-for-4-a-month#latest

RAID 10 SSD! I can do daily backups for an extra $4 a month, dedicated IP's are $1.

• I'm going to PM you as I'd like to discuss some stuff. Thanks for your post. I will be awaiting more offers though.

• BuyVM also do reseller hosting in LU and LV, and BlueVM have a $5 a month reseller package.

• @linuxthefish said:
    BuyVM also do reseller hosting in LU and LV, and BlueVM have a $5 a month reseller package.

That's very helpful. I've heard some good things about BuyVM. I should state. I don't mind paying a premium for premium quality services. I'm a kind of "You get what you pay for" person and I just want something that works.

• I have BuyVM some time and there are downtimes from time to time and does not work fast like CrokWeb for example…but support is fast.

• @miki said:
    I have BuyVM some time and there are downtimes from time to time and does not work fast like CrokWeb for example…but support is fast.

I transferred away from CrocWeb after I had a fair amount of issues with them. Support was great.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

You don't need dedicated IP for SSL sites unless some of your visitors still are using NI incompatible browsers.

• IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited February 2015

@mikho said:
    You don't need dedicated IP for SSL sites unless some of your visitors still are using NI incompatible browsers.

Regardless I'd still like private nameservers and what not really... Thanks for the info though.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@IThinkUFailed said:
    Regardless I'd still like private nameservers and what not really... Thanks for the info though.

ok.

• https://holderhost.com/reseller.html

If you aren't in need of BillingServ, we can probably get our Standard package down to your budget. Let me know if you have any questions! :D

• @sambling said:
    https://holderhost.com/reseller.html

If you aren't in need of BillingServ, we can probably get our Standard package down to your budget. Let me know if you have any questions! :D

No idea what that is but I suppose where I've not needed it before I wouldn't need it this time round. Going to PM you some questions.

• BuyAdsBuyAds Member
    edited February 2015

I recommend @linuxthefish, he is reputable member here and am sure he offers quality services.
    Another option is misterhost.net but no backups and ssd.

Thanked by 2linuxthefish yunos
  • @miki said:
    I have BuyVM some time and there are downtimes from time to time and does not work.

i can confirm this, almost daily server crushes... and the issue is that they never accept there were a problem, all the monitoring are false according to them.

• I can do this in Seattle with DDoS protection, shoot me a private message.

• Hey we can meet all your needs required and even throw in some freebies like a few extra dedicated IP's and a SSL.

In addition we offer R1Soft daily backup free of charge, this way you never have to worry about losing data ;)

I PM'ed you!

• @nexmark said:
    I can do this in Seattle with DDoS protection, shoot me a private message.

Will do.

@OnraHost said:
    Hey we can meet all your needs required and even throw in some freebies like a few extra dedicated IP's and a SSL.

In addition we offer R1Soft daily backup free of charge, this way you never have to worry about losing data ;)

I PM'ed you!

Appreciate it, just waiting for it to come in.

• nexmark said: I can do this in Seattle with DDoS protection, shoot me a private message.

+1 for nexhost. Fast responses during working hours and friendly support.

Thanked by 1nexmark
  • @myvpsreviews said:
    +1 for nexhost. Fast responses during working hours and friendly support.

Thanks for the recommendation. I am currently chatting with all the providers above.

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2015

100 GB HDD, 2 TB bandwidth/month, Daily offsite backups, 3 day backups maintained (today/yesterday/day before yesterday), Been in the business for four 3 years now, located at Frankfurt, Germany.
    $7/month -https://crowncloud.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=67

• @SpeedBus said:
    100 GB HDD, 2 TB bandwidth/month, Daily offsite backups, 3 day backups maintained (today/yesterday/day before yesterday), Been in the business for 4 years now, located at Frankfurt, Germany.
    $7/month -https://crowncloud.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=67

I'd consider it but the backups are not retained long enough for my liking. As I said I'd like at least a weeks worth but prefer 14 days worth of backups. Sorry.

Also, your site was registered on 16th of February 2012. That makes you only three years old in 5 days.

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

IThinkUFailed said: 'd consider it but the backups are not retained long enough for my liking. As I said I'd like at least a weeks worth but prefer 14 days worth of backups. Sorry.

The backups are rolling so at any point of time you'd have backups in the 3 day range (today/yesterday/day before). manual backups can be created though at any point of time and we can move them offsite as well for long term storage.

Also, your site was registered on 16th of February 2012. That makes you only three years old in 5 days.

Eek sorry about that, seem to have typo'd that.

• IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited February 2015

@SpeedBus said:
    Eek sorry about that, seem to have typo'd that.

No bother I'll keep you in mind though if I can't find anything else that fits my needs. Germany is a great location for European connectivity aswell. Also happy birthday to your site ;P

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Chalipa said:
    i can confirm this, almost daily server crushes... and the issue is that they never accept there were a problem, all the monitoring are false according to them.

Are you sure you aren't getting nulled? All I can think is maybe litespeed is restarting to reload the apache.conf and that's what's causing this. If we were having "constant crashes" then we'd have a mountain of tickets, but the few we get are usually related to exploted wordpresses or things like that. Then again, maybe you're on shared01 which is still due for a chassis swap next week.

Either way, sorry, If you have some tickets for me, please let me know :)

While we match the OP for storage/ssds/etc, our backups aren't running at this time. When i'm in LV next week i'll get those drives added to those nodes.

Francisco

• Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

We provide both, Reseller Hosting as well as Managed VPS with cPanel / WHM and our plans should cover everything you need.

Feel free jump in on the live chat on our website or PM me here, or email at sales[at]h4g.co and I'll be more than glad to help.

• @Host4Geeks said:
    We provide both, Reseller Hosting as well as Managed VPS with cPanel / WHM and our plans should cover everything you need.

Feel free jump in on the live chat on our website or PM me here, or email at sales[at]h4g.co and I'll be more than glad to help.

Spoke to you via live chat and you've really made me open to the options around me.

Thank you. I'm not ready to make a decision yet but hopefully soon I will be.

• Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

@IThinkUFailed said:
    Thank you. I'm not ready to make a decision yet but hopefully soon I will be.

It was nice speaking to you. All the best with your search.

• @Francisco said:
    Francisco

I don't think i would be nulled because the accounts in the reseller is NOT used at all, the index page is redirected to another server and mx records are pointed to google apps. I'm going to move everything away, as i have enough of this very same answer "if there is a problem, then there would be mountain of tickets". i know your prices are excellent for ssd, but shared01 has been extremely unstable...

IF YOU WANT - i can paste you notification from PAID monitoring sites here.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2015

Chalipa said: IF YOU WANT - i can paste you notification from PAID monitoring sites here.

Do you have tickets with us when it went on?

We've had multiple people claim "multiple hours of downtime, my site is down now" with pingdom...while we're browsing their site and they confirm that it's working soon after (while pingdom still says it's down).

I'm always open to hearing if there's an issue, but the only outages I'm aware of for either of our shared hosting locations was the ACL issues we had on our router last week that affected shared for 10 - 15 minutes and some blips the week prior that lasted a minute or three.

Francisco

but i'm not 24/7 in front of my computer to open tickets when the server is down, AGAIN if you want i can paste you the notifications i got from monitoring sites NOT ONLY PINGDOM that the server was down SEVERAL times.