Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

best VPN providers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

best VPN providers?

just asking a question- who is your best VPN provider? cheap and affordable?

what do you say? Who is the best?

Comments

• Everyone always recommends HMA. Not sure if it's the GoDaddy of the VPN world though.

• Vpn.sh :)

• Affordable? overplay.net ..

Fast, best routing, ddos protection, premium customer support, unlimited bandwidth and optimal service? https://www.goldenfrog.com/vyprvpn without doubt!

It beats cyberghost and any other premium vpn services i've used so far.

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • Yourself.

It's not hard these days to buy a LES and setup OpenVPN

€3/year for 500GB a month beats any company I have found and this does not include non privacy ones.

Thanked by 2nexmark aldothetroll
  • I've been happy with IronSocket - been with them for 2 years now, on a legacy $24/yr plan. 3 slots for DNS proxy + 3 VPN connections - unmetered bandwidth and tons of servers to pick from.

VyprVPN is also really good, but pricey (but worth it). Just download app and sign-in, good to go. Lots of features and great apps.

My current go-to is a Ramnode or NanoVZ/BudgetVZ box with Nyr's OpenVPN automated installer script - it's about 2 mins from start to finish and just spits out a profile for you to import. Works amazingly well.

• vpn.sh seems to be popular on here, however you cannot trust them for a private connection. i believe it's run by 1 guy

https://mullvad.net/en/ is probably one of the best

• Are there any with decent nodes in New Zealand? EarthVPN (cheap) has a node but it's often unavailable. VyprVPN's "NZ" node is in Australia, or it was a week or two ago when I signed up for their trial.

• @deadlyllama , I don't think there are any Decent VPN Companies with Nodes Directly in NZ. my One and only Suggestion is to contact @Oliver @ RansomIT.com.au who has a OVZ Node (IIRC) in Auckland. setting up your own would be your best bet + a lot more control :)

• Astrill vpn probably have newzealand location.

I have used Astrill for six months with free coupon, looked solid to me with 50+ servers in many countries.

Though its expensive IMO, around $60/year.

Also using vpn.sh for unblocking few sites, speed looks good but not sure about how secure it is and level of privacy.

• Personally I'd recommend in the following order;

1) cryptostorm.is

• They have a free limited version. Paid account have unlimited bandwidth
    • No username & password. Token based auth.
    • Open source widgets available on github for review
    • Based in Iceland & Canada
    • No logging. Check their forums for the no logging policy
    • Bonus: Access TOR hidden sites by connecting to their network. (Torstorm)

Dont take my word, browse their site, look for them on twitter and see who is recommending them. No, I do not work for cryptostorm.

2) mullvad.net

• Based in Sweden

3) airvpn.org

• Because they have exit nodes in multiple countries.
    • Based in Italy

Airvpn will be able to know who runs a TOR exit node using their network. That has been confirmed on their forums.

https://imgur.com/21Gm1kR

I would assume they will be able to know if I torrent just by enabling portforwarding from their control panel.

I wouldnt recommend HMA, they are also known as SnitchMyAss. Here's the article.-https://invisibler.com/lulzsec-and-hidemyass/ Its not what LulzSec did, but the point is, HMA were able to pull the logs.

Obviously, we can just sign up for a small vps with dedicated ip and setup our own vpn server. Tracing back is as simple as;
    ip address -> vps provider -> your vps account -> you

• Does LES outgoing traffic share an IPv4 for IPv4 destinations?

That's nice for anonymizing a certain percentage of your browsing footprint (not completely)

Is NL or Dallas LES less flaky with uptime in members' experience?

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @vimalware said:
    Does LES outgoing traffic share an IPv4 for IPv4 destinations?

That's nice for anonymizing a certain percentage of your browsing footprint (not completely)

Is NL or Dallas LES less flaky with uptime in members' experience?

To be honest the are RBX by nanovz and BHS by deepnetsolutions as they both have DDoS protection meaning less downtime however NL Dallas are still pretty good for uptime same with JP IT and UK

• F-Secure Freedome not a bad, and cheap only 25EUR year with special offer.

• Well, quite probably not the well known ones ...

Iceland probably is among the more attractive locations but still on the expensive side.

I tend to agree with @TinyTunnel_Tom for the simple reason that one may find oneself f-cked either way, be it by jurisdiction or by physical server location. If either one of those is in usa, ca, de, se, nl, pl (insert most countries) there is neither any expectation of anonmity or privacy.

So you may as well run your own VPS. Maybe though Russia or Romania or some such (from eu) or some sout-american location (from usa).

• You can use a HMA may be ?. hide my ass is very good.

• @obh_ridwan said:
    You can use a HMA may be ?. hide my ass is very good.

That's a pretty expensive way to get your data delivered to fbi, nsa, ... Why not just send them directly for free?

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • @bsdguy said:
    That's a pretty expensive way to get your data delivered to fbi, nsa, ... Why not just send them directly for free?

Shh... It's the best kept secret. The US-LEA 'cloud' : the only true infinite backup solution.

Only one drawback: Restore time is INFINITY.

• @bsdguy said:

not everyone uses a vpn in attempt to be a anon. a few reasons that make me use a vpn is DDoS protection, overall better routing, encrypted connection, swapping countrys to unlock services like netflix. for me its a service that will be consumed 24/7 non-stop.

Thanked by 2vimalware earl
  • I am so happy I discovered PureVPN! I traveled to France, Italy, and England. It allowed me to watch Netflix and Hulu! I highly recommend this site to everyone ...A great service to use...and I also appreciate the customer service as well.....:-)

• Thanks everyone for the feedback - keep them coming trying to choose the best VPN provider..

• VikingLayerVikingLayer Member
    edited February 2015
  • Privateinternetaccess is great, i use them for torrenting as well as other random stuff. Also used the openvpn profile on a VPS when downloading torrents to it to avoid abuse issues, could get good speed.

PIA also include a SOCKS proxy for use in torrent clients and firefox.

• According to me for any type of web hosting znetlive is better choice. They provide better resources in cheap prices.

• webtricks said: According to me for any type of web hosting ****** is better choice. They provide better resources in cheap prices.

Flagged. This guy signed just today and posted a thread about a great article in ZN**** that is going to help him about his slow website (!!!) and this comment... Hidden advertisment. GTFO!

• LeeLee Veteran

@webtricks said:
    According to me for any type of web hosting znetlive is better choice. They provide better resources in cheap prices.

God dammit, I gave you the benefit of the doubt in the other thread. get out of here.

• Cheap and affordable then I'd recommend IPVanish buy their annual plan to get maximum discount and its really great provider I have personally used it. You can read IPVanish review at bestvpnservice.com

• dragon2611dragon2611 Member
    edited February 2015

Any VPN services that actually DO offer web filtering?

Save running a webfilter/proxy locally.

• obh_ridwanobh_ridwan Member
    edited February 2015

@bsdguy said: That's a pretty expensive way to get your data delivered to fbi, nsa, ... Why not just send them directly for free?

do you have any references hma is send a user's traffic into NSA ?. because i don't know.