Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best idea for political hosting?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best idea for political hosting?

I'm setting up a political forum in Croatia that is probably controversial and may attract negative attention. What is the best option for me? I want it in Europe.

Comments

• BuyAdsBuyAds Member
    edited February 2015

Just go with russian provider and you will be safe. In Europe safer is in Netherlands.

Thanked by 1Hassan
  • @BuyAds said:
    Just go with russian provider and you will be safe. In Europe safer is in Netherlands.

No Dutch host has let me host with them, they say it will cause DDoS.

• You should try bahnhof.net

• BuyAds said: Just go with russian provider and you will be safe.

As long as Putin doesn't disagree with what you have to say anyway . . .

• @cevonik said:

Check with RamNode? And make sure you get their DDoS protected IPs? I don't remember seeing anything against political speech in their AUP. Might want to check with @Nick_A to be sure.

• Tor

• We provide freedom of speech hosting and also DDOS protection on our location Romania: flokinet.is

• Dreamhost.

They host the American Nazi Party.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited February 2015

DDoS always remains an issue. Anyways I recommend going with www.ecatel.net

they are russians operating at Dutch (NL) grounds successfully for many years, they dont care about content just like it should be. They offer affordable prices and good support too.

• Ramnode, DDoS protection is also available.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Sealand, perfect place for political stuff.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited February 2015

BuyAds said: Just go with russian provider and you will be safe.

Yeah, political content in Russia. Great advice.

pbgben said: Sealand

There isn't even any ISP there, lol. Again, random and baseless advice.

@cevonik the United States are your best bet for political free speech and also cheap DDoS protection, any specific reason why you still need an European provider?

• Nyr said: the United States are your best bet for political free speech and also cheap DDoS protection, any specific reason why you still need an European provider?

Agreed, unless your politics is to bomb middle schools with homemade explosives, I don't see why the US isn't the best place for political refuge from an European country.

• ru_tldru_tld Member, Host Rep

Hello,

Use Cloudflare service for ddos protection. You will be safe if your website engine is not sending emails to visitors or somehow expose real ip of your server.

Netherlands or Sweden would be nice hosting place for political forum.

• ru_tld said: Use Cloudflare service for ddos protection. You will be safe if your website engine is not sending emails to visitors or somehow expose real ip of your server.

And if it does send emails, use an external SMTP like Mailjet that doesn't reveal your server IP.

Thanked by 1ru_tld
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Nyr said: @cevonik the United States are your best bet for political free speech and also cheap DDoS protection, any specific reason why you still need an European provider?

He didn't say anything about not wanting U.S.; but he's in Croatia so probably wants it close to there. RamNode NL is good and cheap DDoS protection, people already mentioned it above though.

• I heard Iceland has better "free speech towards journalists / press" laws. If the site is a blog, it could be an interesting lead. Forum, not sure.

• @foetti said:
    You should try bahnhof.net

+1 for bahnhof.net

If you have a large budget, prq.se will be a good choice.

• @MrX said:
    And if it does send emails, use an external SMTP like Mailjet that doesn't reveal your server IP.

But mandrillapp does, so be careful if you use that.