Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for mx backup reseller
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

looking for mx backup reseller

hi, i use dyn for mx backups for about 100 clients of mine. they are not offering it anymore and pushing their clients over to another provider they are partnered with. So i need to find a new provider for my clients.
i was thinking of starting our own mx backup service under our own brand but was wondering if anyone knew of any mx backup providers that actually allow reselling with a decent API and offer it.

Comments

• i have some, i will PM you.

• @dedicados said: i have some, i will PM you.

PM me, too, pls.

• hmmm can't find anything decent. bit of a shame.

• Does @jar do backup mx?

• still not having much luck here. i think i might start my own now

• mxsave.com seems good so far, but very expensive as you need to pay for 50 accounts right of the bat. i wouldn't mind if it was 20.

• How many domains are you trying to provide this for? And what is your budget per domain? There are a few potential candidates

• well one provider i really like is dnsmadeeasy, and i would be happy to maybe upto $20USD per domain per year, maybe a little more if it offers some really good things. but it needs to have an API.

• What API functionality are you looking for?

• mainly just to create and remove a domain. but other functions would be nice, like to monitor when it has some emails, and awaiting to deliver those email to the main mail server.
    also we could only go with a company that actually offers this service and has been doing so for a while so we know they will be around for sometime, as we don't want to go with some small timers who we find out just up and leaves. must has good spam and virus filtering too

• no API? zoneedit seems to be moved to easydns.com which does not say anything about mx backup or api anymore.
    junkemailfilter.com > never going to use a free service, can't trust it. this is for my clients that rely on me.

• Zoneedit has an API or did last time I played with it. They were good for these type of service and the per credit price wasn't that high.

http://lopiop.org/wordpress/zingone/2014/12/16/zoneedit-api-rest-example/

JunkEmailFilter will let you pay them for their anti-spam service and included with that is backup MX. They look like crap but actually been in business about 10 years. We've used them for a few brands and been very happy.

• A solid service by noip.com. Check their manage mail service page. $29.99 per domain per year.

• do you use any control panel on domains?