Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChicagoVPS, WindowsVPS review.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChicagoVPS, WindowsVPS review.

NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Hey,

First, i bought that just to test the uptime and services of ChicagoVPS, not for any use. So please no "oooh i could told you that huh".

So Yeah, I ordered one of these Windows VPS Servers which where offered here.
And it was offered with "Instant Setup" which was obiviously a joke, after i created a Ticket i got it deployed within 31 Minutes, other members had to wait 12/24hours +.
And i think that was just luck, at my side.

After it get deployed, i logged it and it was running smoth. No laggs so far.

Some days later, about 7 days i just noticed that the thing was down, because i had not setup any kind of monitoring i could not say if it vent down 24 hours after it was online.

So i contact the Support:

After 4 Days, Yes 4 Days for fixing a VPS, it vent back Online. Before they had a lot of cheap excuses like Oh Yeah there is an abuser but my VPS was still down.
But i tried to be "nice". After i was kicked out from 2 providers already, i changed a bit.

I dont know if this is Outsourced support, but there seems like a language barrier i think.
They dont understand the word "my vps is down fix it. Could you please fix it?". Or dont have access to it what ever. So 4 "Gurus" tried to fixing it and they needed 4 Days.

So end of story? No, After 6 Days of there Last response, they thought oh Yeah wait. There is a VPS which is running, i dont know if they noticed that but. They just thought lets reinstall it, give it a New IP, they also responded to the Ticket we reinstalled it.

I just think how the fuck? You may check after 6 Days if the VPS is running and ask?
After i asked that, they told me i asked for reinstallation, it seems like there is a bit of lack of management and teamwork.

However, one screen from Statuscake to Proof the Downtime, from today:

My conclusion: Dont use ChicagoVPS or any of there brands. They may offer 24x7 Support but it seems like they dont have the competence to fix the VPS within 24 Hours which is mostly a reason when you using it for a Website or something productive to move away.

I just gonna Spend the next 3.71$ for some other VPS's.

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2015

I signed up for one last Wednesday, no real interest in Windows VPS as such I just wanted to make some effort in seeing what Windows server was like. I keep promising I will do it, hence I signed up for a throwaway deal that I really did not care if it was down some of the time.

Thing is it has been sitting as "pending" since last wednesday, no updates, nothing. Shambles of a provider it really is. I am not going to open a ticket just curious to see how long it continues to sit there in a pending state.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @W1V_Lee said:
    I signed up for one last Wednesday, no real interest in Windows VPS as such I just wanted to make some effort in seeing what Windows server was like. I keep promising I will do it, hence I signed up for a throwaway deal that I really did not care if it was down some of the time.

Thing is it has been sitting as "pending" since last wednesday, no updates, nothing. Shambles of a provider it really is. I am not going to open a ticket just curious to see how long it continues to sit there in a pending state.

Wonder if they have provisioned your VPS though? Check your spam to see if you got your details.

Apart from that. I reckon now you've posted it you'll get it set up

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2015

Not bothered now, I signed up with Winity, with their discount code I got pretty much the same deal and it was up and running within 10 minutes.

Chris can put my $7 to the staff training fund.

Thanked by 2netomx Jonchun
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

losing

• wychwych Member
    edited February 2015

@W1V_Lee said:
    Not bothered now, I signed up with Winity, with their discount code I got pretty much the same deal and it was up and running within 10 minutes.

Winity* > CVPS all day.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited February 2015

ChicagoVPS now claims its the costumers fault, that i buy a Windows 2008 server with 512MB, it had not enought memory and crashed. That would still not explain why it didn't boot up but yeah.

• @Infinity580 said:
    ChicagoVPS now claims its the costumers fault, that i buy a Windows 2008 server with 512MB, it had not enough memory and crashed.

Yet they still sold it you...

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @W1V_Lee said:

He said months ago he was hiring and ditching the outsourced support.. that hasn't happened by the looks of those tickets..

If he just pulled his finger out of his arse he could fix this with some good support reps..

• @ATHK said:
    If he just pulled his finger out of his arse he could fix this with some good support reps..

I highly doubt that would fix the horrible uptime the customers are getting, but at least they'd have actual support representatives to complain to when the service goes down.

• Why do people post complaints here when there are already tons of negative reviews about CVPS. It's like going to a restaurant that has horrible food, and then complaining when the food is bad.

They have good and bad reviews. I understand that. People just need to make wiser decisions.

• @TheCTS said:
    Why do people post complaints here when there are already tons of negative reviews about CVPS. It's like going to a restaurant that has horrible food, and then complaining when the food is bad.

They have good and bad reviews. I understand that. People just need to make wiser decisions.

Someone didn't read the OP properly....

• @ATHK said:
    Someone didn't read the OP properly....

I read it. They're still buying from a company purposely when they're notorious for various reasons. It's a meaningless thread.

• @TheCTS said:

It's ok if you think customer feedback is "meaningless" .. regardless, it's a well written review and shows how bad it's gotten..

If you don't like it, don't read it.

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • @ATHK said:

Except nearly everyone is aware of how bad it already is and has been. It's just another weekly, "CVPS sucks, don't buy" thread. I like customer feedback, just not when it's a weekly thread about things we already know.

• @TheCTS said:
    Except nearly everyone is aware of how bad it already is and has been. It's just another weekly, "CVPS sucks, don't buy" thread. I like customer feedback, just not when it's a weekly thread about things we already know.

Well if Chris didn't actually take these reviews and his business for granted he might be able to turn things around.. And you wouldn't be seeing these complaints/reviews..

Not everyone is aware of how bad they are, that's a silly assumption.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

512mb plan has been removed. Our support has been upgraded as we hired a local in Buffalo. Our WindowsVPS solutions have been rock solid other than the 512 plans.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Update: Since Microsoft released Security Updates this week, i am unable to Patch these. So i opend a Ticket to request more Memory because it seems like 512MB is not enought.

The Ticket got forwarded to Billing department, okay seems like they dont even care if a VPS get hacked.

• @Infinity580 said:
    Update: Since Microsoft released Security Updates this week, i am unable to Patch these. So i opend a Ticket to request more Memory because it seems like 512MB is not enought.

The Ticket got forwarded to Billing department, okay seems like they dont even care if a VPS get hacked.

Wrong wrong wrong.

They don't care full stop.